Is it too early to talk about letters to Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Go on Craigslist and find one used. You can get one easily for about $20 - $30 in excellent shape. Rather than buying an expensive one, I bought 3 or 4 and have them stashed around the house and car so I can read wherever I am.

Don't you have like a 50% chance of getting murdered when buying on Craig's list?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I used to believe this until the kid started out selling off items on craigslist to make money to combine into new stuff. I reluctantly drove him to MANY people's houses, or they'd show up at mine. No one got murdered, and the kid didn't even make one bad buy (or sale). With that said, I'm doubtful that I'd buy vape equipment off craigslist, but I know my kiddo sold some of his there, and the sale went fine. I think you have to be a little selective by looking at the posting(s) though. And honestly, it's no better or worse than a third party service.

My favorite thing about Craig's list is their total commitment to making the webpage remain pure suckage. It's really like traveling back to the 1990s, LOL. To be fair, any used equipment has to be cleaned in any case, and at least you have that face to face thing, though there are certainly (to my knowledge) no buyer protections like a third party service sometimes has, and that's worth a few more bucks, in my opinion.

But no, most murderer's aren't selling stuff on craigslist, they're out doing paid hits on people.

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think Craigs list got its bad name way back when someone was offering a job. Some folks accepted and disappeared. My advice....Don't accept a job offered on Craigs list....'specially one that has you go way out in the boonies all alone. o_O

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think Craigs list got its bad name way back when someone was offering a job. Some folks accepted and disappeared. My advice....Don't accept a job offered on Craigs list....'specially one that has you go way out in the boonies all alone. o_O
*cue "dueling banjos"* so much this ^ you could wind up in 5 separate garbage cans or something

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Don't you have like a 50% chance of getting murdered when buying on Craig's list?

Only if you go unarmed. The upside is sometimes in the heat of price haggling, the deal it's just erupts into a fun and impromptu gunfight so it's like entertainment on top of savings.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I suspect I will receive the usual ...

iu

:blink:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
170 CDs? Holy moly that's a lot of Mozart!

I did ask my wife if she'd like to get me the Complete Mozart 170CD box set for birthday/Xmas this year to justify ordering it yesterday. It's coming from Amazon Germany so it'll get here in about 2 weeks. I'm opening and playing it when I get it. She can put the shipping label in a wrapped box under the tree in Dec.
I'm all set for vape gear & nicotine for 20+ years.

1476603_1418804071683752_113694479_n.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Some people get all the useful presents.

Umm I get the MOST useful present of all. NOTHING. How exactly is that useful? Well it never goes bad, never wears out, never breaks, and never needs to be replaced. It can make me laugh, or it can surprise me. I can eat as much of it as I want and still lose weight. Best of all it is absolutely free.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Or an excuse to get more shinys after spending hundreds of dollars on ourselves through the year... hahaha

The mods without the guilt!

Why feel guilty? If you smoked exactly 1 pack a day you could blow $100 every month on juice and hardware and STILL be saving $50+ per month. Obviously the less you spend, the more you save, but you can spend quite a lot and still be coming out cheaper in the long run.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't feel guilty either. I know I'm saving our household money on smokes. I want a Tesla Punk 220 for Christmas (will probably ask my mom) and I Just Purchased my Christmas Present Early because I found what I wanted pretty much on sale (for what it is), so I bought it just now, figuring I won't find a better price....

This is fairly typical with me and presents, and it gets worse each year as "The Christmas" descends early. Yeah, it's helpful for buying other folks presents, but I usually don't note what I want for Christmas as I will often have purchased it myself, already. Me and the Husband learned that the hard way early on, but that is how we were trained as kids-- make a list, and inform other people (one by one only) what it is you want..... It kind of kills any suspense, but you don't get useless gifts, LOL.

Besides, until deeming is over, I plan to get my hands on Shiny Things that may not be available to me later. Or so I am telling myself, that Gottleib news article made me all ......n twitchy. So, I don't feel guilty in the slightest, and I'm not quite sure why I should. I kinda thought I was stocked up, but I need to freaking.... sit down and organize and inventory, as well as make a list of what I may be running low on (Nautilus BVC coils, my idea of running low is probably different than yours...) Another gallon of 100 mg/ml, Etc. Watch that dreadful Nautilus BVC coil building video and see if I can replicate it (those coils are TINY though...). That type of stuff. Honestly, though, if I could rebuild N2 coils, it would make me very happy. They don't, you know, last. :)

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Why feel guilty? If you smoked exactly 1 pack a day you could blow $100 every month on juice and hardware and STILL be saving $50+ per month. Obviously the less you spend, the more you save, but you can spend quite a lot and still be coming out cheaper in the long run.

I always feel guilty if I spend money on myself for things that aren't necessary. .

It doesn't matter what I may have spent in the past... what matters is the day.

It's just the way I am.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I feel guilty, but only AFTER I've spent the money, you know, once it's too late. I like to save my guilt up for when it's useless, LOL. BUT, I have not successfully made it to 6 months without spending any money and ah, well, that's just how it went down. I'm STILL ahead, financially, I sort of think. Plus sometimes... if you really want something.... and it comes down the pike right at you.... Well the bottom line is I did spend money I wasn't planning on spending, and actually I DO NOT regret it, period. But, I'm feeling a grave desire to not spend any more because I really do need to start buying other people presents. Sigh. I wonder what the kiddo will want this year. If he gets this other charge taken care of easily and can get his license back, I really want to buy him a car, except I know insurance would be insane. Buying the kid a motorcycle would also be insane, though cheaper in many ways, but I like the kid and want to keep him around. I've already bought him two bikes, I wonder if there's some type of "subscription service" you can get from Uber for a year, where you can use it as much as you want?

That would be fantastic.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That long, Cornflakes, you could go a week? :lol: I tend to not feel guilty for buying vape gear since it's usually not disposable, at least not immediately. I don't feel guilty for purchasing the things I want that I know will make my vape life happier, since I am, after all, doing this for my health.

My problem is, I like nice stuff and so do most of the people around me. I was never the crunchy granola hippie type, at least not until my son got a little older and stuff, but I remember spending a TON of money on toys, too. The kid's 20, this hasn't ended yet. I keep hoping he'll flit about from really bad job to bad job until he finally figures out where to go, and what education to get. In the meantime, I still buy the poor kid video games and stuff, I mean, his life isn't exactly effortless at the moment.

Still, I sometimes think life would be easier if I owned a ratty sleeping bag, and some hohos and I wandered from area to area..... :)

I also wish I liked cheap, junky stuff. And, I saw one of my mods still for sale, and it WAS an aspire battery, LOL. It was labeled "sub0hm" coulda fooled me, and it was on sale for like $6 dollars. I did not purchase one, but I was pleased to have my suspicions confirmed, and I bought it YEARS ago. Don't get me wrong, I was please to see it, but I had NO desire to own it. :)

Sigh. ECF, I have learned tons about vaping, and that's great. I've learned TONS about vaping, it gets expensive....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread