Is it true that Kanger is phasing out the evod coils? (instead using the Protanks)

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by LeoRex, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LeoRex

LeoRex Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've seen that Kanger is phasing out the evod heads, instead going with the Protank coils for both...

Not sure how I feel about this, I really like the draw on my evod, wouldn't want it any looser. I don't have a Protank, but everyone says that it is a lighter draw than the evod. Plus, my evod doesn't leak a drop through the center post, which.. (again, just from reading) does happen on Protanks at times when the tank starts to run low (ala the T3).

Should I start hording evod coil packs now? Or am I just making something out of nothing? I have about 15 coils on hand, and I guess that the draw is related to the ID of the center post.... seems like the evod and PT center posts are interchangeable, so I guess I could swap them out if need be.

Thoughts?

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Clones will no doubt still be available. I'm pretty sure my evods are not Kanger but one is working excellently now, so if this vendor keeps offering them, I'll keep buying them....

3. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

fast tech evod coils work great IMO, plus you can always rebuild the coils you have now

4. LeoRex

Yeah, but at like a buck a coil from a domestic vendor, I would be sad if I have to start wrapping Kanthal. I have hamhocks for hands, so I am guessing I might have some issues with that.

5. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That seems like a bad choice, some people like the Evod head in the Protank, not even counting the number of Evod heads they sell for the Evod. Someone reported on a different thread the new Vision Victory 5 ml works with an Evod head also.

If this is true, people will start stock piling Evod heads. I will rebuild the ones I have, but not everyone wants to do that.

6. LeoRex

I know... most of the people coil swapping are putting evods in the PT, not the other way around.

7. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was wondering where you heard this?

8. jangempo

jangempo Full Member

I use pt heads in my new evod. I'm used to the draw of the protank, so I guess thats okay with me. My evod doesn't leak that way, whereas it always starts flooding at some point with the evod head. Might just be my evod head is faulty, but it's the only one I have because the 5 replacement evod heads that I ordered came as pt heads.

9. J.R.Wallace

J.R.Wallace Guest

I don't see any draw difference between the two head styles at all. Evod in a ProTank still draws like a ProTank, and vice versa. What I have noticed is that if I use an evod atomizer in a ProTank, the tank tends to flood more. I just bought some new attys and bought a 5 pack of PT addys to use in my Evods as well.

10. candimccann

candimccann Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There are a lot of devices using the Evod heads now... the Puritank and the Anyvape BCC are two that I have. I like the Evod heads, though I'll say I haven't use the Protank heads because of the reports of airiness.
    Hope it's not true.

11. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I saw this on the site I order my coil heads from. This sucks. Any recs for a place to get the Evod heads from cheap?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

12. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kanger eVod Coil replacements

13. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

http://www.szkanger.com/newshow.asp?nid=2

bottom coil

1),Bottom coil for Kanger Protank & mini Protank are compatiable with Kanger E-VOD coil

2),Kanger T3S,mini T3S and MT3S use the same bottom coil

3),updated Kanger Protank have no glue at all,but more strong and no peeling off problem.

14. The Goo

The Goo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just bought a Kanger Evod from a B&M and it does have the long stem in it. I pulled it out and was was confused why it wasn't the short stem. Then I seen the topic on here :)

15. lynch

fasttech has both, the long stem one is 2ohm's.

16. New2vaps

New2vaps Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you still want True EVOD coils cravinvapes still has them

17. NovaVida

NovaVida Full Member

I'm new to all this and while I am catching on to things, some of these discussions leave me soooo confused. :( I upgraded two days ago to the Kanger EVOD BC and really, REALLY like it (so far). Do I need to worry about it's life based on the parts it uses? I thought this was a new model. Oy! I hate being a NuBe.

18. lynch

I've had evod coils last over a month, I just rinse with hot water every 3 days or so and let dry. If the coils burn out you can rebuild them
    when you learn how if you want to, or you can buy the coils for cheap at the couple of places listed in this thread.
    If you dont know something just ask, always somebody will answer your question here on ECF.

19. Cavere

Cavere Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I switch out my evod and protank heads with no issue. Both rebuilt and stock. In my opinion is much less of an issue than people are making it out to be.

20. chellemmm

chellemmm Chihuahua Queen ECF Veteran

If you buy three 5 packs, they come out to a dollar per: EVOD Coil Unit For eGo MT BCC 1.6ml

Can we have the link where you read that the EVOD coils are being phased out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.