Is it true that Kanger is phasing out the evod coils? (instead using the Protanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I've seen that Kanger is phasing out the evod heads, instead going with the Protank coils for both...

Not sure how I feel about this, I really like the draw on my evod, wouldn't want it any looser. I don't have a Protank, but everyone says that it is a lighter draw than the evod. Plus, my evod doesn't leak a drop through the center post, which.. (again, just from reading) does happen on Protanks at times when the tank starts to run low (ala the T3).

Should I start hording evod coil packs now? Or am I just making something out of nothing? I have about 15 coils on hand, and I guess that the draw is related to the ID of the center post.... seems like the evod and PT center posts are interchangeable, so I guess I could swap them out if need be.

Thoughts?

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
That seems like a bad choice, some people like the Evod head in the Protank, not even counting the number of Evod heads they sell for the Evod. Someone reported on a different thread the new Vision Victory 5 ml works with an Evod head also.

If this is true, people will start stock piling Evod heads. I will rebuild the ones I have, but not everyone wants to do that.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
http://www.szkanger.com/newshow.asp?nid=2

bottom coil

1),Bottom coil for Kanger Protank & mini Protank are compatiable with Kanger E-VOD coil

2),Kanger T3S,mini T3S and MT3S use the same bottom coil

3),updated Kanger Protank have no glue at all,but more strong and no peeling off problem.

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I'm new to all this and while I am catching on to things, some of these discussions leave me soooo confused. :( I upgraded two days ago to the Kanger EVOD BC and really, REALLY like it (so far). Do I need to worry about it's life based on the parts it uses? I thought this was a new model. Oy! I hate being a NuBe.

I've had evod coils last over a month, I just rinse with hot water every 3 days or so and let dry. If the coils burn out you can rebuild them
when you learn how if you want to, or you can buy the coils for cheap at the couple of places listed in this thread.
If you dont know something just ask, always somebody will answer your question here on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread