Is it true that Kanger is phasing out the evod coils? (instead using the Protanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
I've had evod coils last over a month, I just rinse with hot water every 3 days or so and let dry. If the coils burn out you can rebuild them
when you learn how if you want to, or you can buy the coils for cheap at the couple of places listed in this thread.
If you dont know something just ask, always somebody will answer your question here on ECF.

I would love to learn how to rebuild them.

Does anyone know where there is any info or instructions on "how" to do this?

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about rebuilding ... but I think it's time to learn! :facepalm:

PS If you rebuild them, how can you determine the resistance?

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I would love to learn how to rebuild them.

Does anyone know where there is any info or instructions on "how" to do this?

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about rebuilding ... but I think it's time to learn! :facepalm:

PS If you rebuild them, how can you determine the resistance?

youtube also has a lot of good vids on rebuilding. for checking the resistance I use my vamo, you can use any vv that has it.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm not sure eVod or Protank heads keep up with a chain vaper pace. I've also noticed they tend to leak more than the Vapeonly BCC head. Same goes for duration, I have Vapeonly heads lasting me since March, while I've gone through 4 eVod heads in that same period. I'm still debating, but I think I'll stick to Vapeonly heads, expensive and all.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I noted that too.
Don't want to rebuild, and don't really want "clones" of a $1 part - I did NOT find an EVOD knockoff as good as the real ones.
I went to the Kangertech website and dropped a note to them suggesting that they reconsider, as there seem to be a fair number of people here concerned with the change.
I'll give the Protank heads a shot in an EVOD, but if it effects the draw, I'd start trying other juice delivery options again...

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
I'm not sure eVod or Protank heads keep up with a chain vaper pace. I've also noticed they tend to leak more than the Vapeonly BCC head. Same goes for duration, I have Vapeonly heads lasting me since March, while I've gone through 4 eVod heads in that same period. I'm still debating, but I think I'll stick to Vapeonly heads, expensive and all.

Just wondering ... do the Vapeonly BBC heads work in a ProTank or Evod? Hum :oops:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just wondering ... do the Vapeonly BBC heads work in a ProTank or Evod? Hum :oops:

No, not really. I've found that eVod heads vape great but last very little, even with thorough dry burning and alcohol dipping, they're always dirty. And as for the draw, it has more to do with the base than the head.

I mean that every clearo has its fans, and Kanger is addressing the problem many of us have, too many clearos that vape differently and too many different heads to be had. Is it a strategic move? Certainly. Many companies are starting to produce clearos that use eVod heads and want to wipe out the competition with this.

I don't want a heavy glass tank. I do keep one in case of any hard liquids, but so far, so good. I don't want to go back to the Vivi Nova era when I needed 10 heads a month because they'd burn after two or three tanks. I've tried to like eVods but so far I'm hating them more than liking them. And I find myself reaching for the one tank I know won't let me down, keeps up with my vape pace, and has my own comfy driptip of choice.

Sorry for the rant...

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
:2c:

Thanks Susaz for the info. :)

I'm "still" looking for that "perfect vape" :blush:. The best one I've found really is the old standard T2. It does start to leak after awhile, but the heads are pretty inexpensive ... and it gives me the best (and most) "taste". The Protank is "ok", but the taste just isn't as good IMO. :unsure:. I'm also a "heavy vaper". :)

I haven't tried the Vapeonly BBC tank yet.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
:2c:

Thanks Susaz for the info. :)

I'm "still" looking for that "perfect vape" :blush:. The best one I've found really is the old standard T2. It does start to leak after awhile, but the heads are pretty inexpensive ... and it gives me the best (and most) "taste". The Protank is "ok", but the taste just isn't as good IMO. :unsure:. I'm also a "heavy vaper". :)

I haven't tried the Vapeonly BBC tank yet.

If you like top coils why not try the iClear 16 or iClear 30? They're the best top coils so far. I loved the T2 until bottom coils started coming out, and I'm devoted to them. But top coil fans are raving about those.

Nu2Dis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
I don't see any draw difference between the two head styles at all. Evod in a ProTank still draws like a ProTank, and vice versa. What I have noticed is that if I use an evod atomizer in a ProTank, the tank tends to flood more. I just bought some new attys and bought a 5 pack of PT addys to use in my Evods as well.

I found the same gurgling, but it did tighten up the draw. The center post (airtube) for the EVOD has a smaller inside diameter. I didn't like the gurgling so I switched back to the protank heads in the protank. There are other ways to tighten the draw.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I found the same gurgling, but it did tighten up the draw. The center post (airtube) for the EVOD has a smaller inside diameter. I didn't like the gurgling so I switched back to the protank heads in the protank. There are other ways to tighten the draw.

the best way to tighten the draw without making your own coils is buy a tatroe bottom for the protank. $15.50 and it lasts forever(also fits a dbox puritank) also has a more durable 510 connection. one correctly positioned air hole instead of four.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I still don't understand why kanger would do this when we, the customer, like the evod heads better than the protank heads for the most part.

This doesn't effect me because I i build. I have like 16 total that should last me for years, or until something better comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread