Is my Kbox 120 causing my dry hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
I bought a Kbox 120 about 3 weeks ago, was pretty happy up until yesterday. I was finishing up some Oxnard fog and started getting dry hits on the uwell Crown with a 0.5 dual coil around 68 watts... I thought this was weird considering only about 30 ML had gone though the coil...

Last night I put in a SSOCC in my subtank mini, it was dry hitting around 40-42, so I tried a VOCC and not dry hitting as much,but every 15-20 hits i'll get a dry hit, I've had to take it down to 36 watts when I normally vape them between 40-50.... even as high as 55

Is there any chance my kbox 120 is acting up and causing the dry hits? I tested the VOCC coil on the ohm meter and it goes 0.59 which is exactly the same as the kbox 120 display screen reading...

any ideas? PS the juice I'm now using in the subtank mini is 50/50, the juice (oxnard) in the crown was 70/30 roughly.
pss I only vape in wattage mode (no TC)

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
It's not the box. And if it was it would not be the fault of the box but the person pushing the buttons. It's the atomizer. Actually the coil build and it's wicking ability that is causing the dry hits.
This. ^^

Blame the APV if you are injured or getting zero hit. Blame the RTA build if your hit tastes bad or hitting dry.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I bought a Kbox 120 about 3 weeks ago, was pretty happy up until yesterday. I was finishing up some Oxnard fog and started getting dry hits on the Uwell Crown with a 0.5 dual coil around 68 watts... I thought this was weird considering only about 30 ML had gone though the coil...

Last night I put in a SSOCC in my subtank mini, it was dry hitting around 40-42, so I tried a VOCC and not dry hitting as much,but every 15-20 hits i'll get a dry hit, I've had to take it down to 36 watts when I normally vape them between 40-50.... even as high as 55

Is there any chance my kbox 120 is acting up and causing the dry hits? I tested the VOCC coil on the ohm meter and it goes 0.59 which is exactly the same as the kbox 120 display screen reading...

any ideas? PS the juice I'm now using in the subtank mini is 50/50, the juice (oxnard) in the crown was 70/30 roughly.
pss I only vape in wattage mode (no TC)

Most likely you're overpowering the coils at your wattage and the cotton in your prebuilt coil isn't wicking (absorbing ejuice) fast enough for you to vaporize them.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The only way to know for sure if your mod is putting out the correct voltage/wattage is to use a scope and such to measure it.
Otherwise vape the same rig on another mod at the same wattage and see how it does there.
In theory the mod could be running hot due to a fault in the chip circuitry or software glitch.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I agree that each coil and wick combo is unique. Wattage isn't always comparable between mods. The first iSticks were on the high side of actual output. Since then, they've gotten better.

That said, you can't really rely on a wattage that "should" work between mods. They all have different algorithms for duty cycle and waveform shape, and voltage/wattage may not be the same across the spectrum. You just have to experiment to find the sweet spot.

I agree with Robert. Read it on a scope. Unless you have a voltmeter that can do the conversions for frequency you won't get an accurate reading from pulsed DC from a meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread