Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
If nicotine did not exist in any form of ecig product, would the government be looking to tax it all?

When I do not have nicotine in my body I become restless, irritable and generally unglued physically and emotionally until I put nicotine in my body.

I use 3mg nic but vape at least 21mg of nic per day....at least and probably more.

Many say nicotine by itself is not addictive. Through 40 plus years of using it I strongly disagree.

The vapors cause has a double edge to it. The government will eventually tax all ecig products but nicotine is the very reason the government can justify coming into the vape shops and tax to begin with:confused::confused:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
If nicotine did not exist in any form of ecig product, would the government be looking to tax it all?

When I do not have nicotine in my body I become restless, irritable and generally unglued physically and emotionally until I put nicotine in my body.

I use 3mg nic but vape at least 21mg of nic per day....at least and probably more.

Many say nicotine by itself is not addictive. Through 40 plus years of using it I strongly disagree.

The vapors cause has a double edge to it. The government will eventually tax all ecig products but nicotine is the very reason the government can justify coming into the vape shops and tax to begin with:confused::confused:

it's not only about the nicotine ... if it vapes, and is causing people to quit smoking ... BG is gonna tax it :glare:

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I'm not sure that nicotine is addictive. (sarcasm). But, if I don't have my first cup of coffee in the morning I suffer the same symptoms you describe. Also, if I don't continue to put caffeine into my body through out the day those symptoms will return. Do you know how hard it is to find soda that is safe for my children to drink!

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
well yeah..extraordinarily so *is it addictive to me*

it's just another "sin tax" you like it (and in some cases are addicted to it..so have to have it) and we can tax it..it's virgin ground for them and I'm really surprised they haven't taxed it already.

I see our state is after it now too..be sure and sign the petitions

and here's an interesting question..will the 0mg ejuice be taxed just the same as the others? oh hell yes..count on it.
'
it's not the nicotine they're after..it's the "lets make money off this habit".

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada

Vaping with 0 nicotine sucks man . Unless they find something that duplicates the lung hit that you get from nicotine , i would much rather quit vaping all together than vape non-nicotine . Menthol at 0mg has kind of similar feeling to nicotine if you do lung hits with it but after a while it will make you wanna puke - personal experiance

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
They TAX soda!

NYC wanted to impose an "obesity" tax on soda. It got shot down by the courts because it would unfairly hit lower income people harder. When that didn't work, they wanted to limit soda sales to no larger than 16 oz. That got shot down by a federal judge.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
NYC wanted to impose an "obesity" tax on soda. It got shot down by the courts because it would unfairly hit lower income people harder. When that didn't work, they wanted to limit soda sales to no larger than 16 oz. That got shot down by a federal judge.

The Bloomberg Bloat Tax.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!

This is true. But just look at the bastion of left wing sanity called Berkeley California, and you`ll see that sanity is quite fickle. :?(

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Personally I'm totally hooked on nicotine, some say it's not proven to be addictive on it's own, well I found myself one day without anything to vape, that was not a good day for me at all, I think I get a lot more nic now than I ever did from smoking because after that day, I made sure It would never happen again.

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA

They will try to tax anything that replaces smoking. If people quit smoking with milk it'd cost $15 a gallon.

Me too.

I vape about 3-4ml of 15mg a day, so about 45-60mg a day.

Yeah, but you've been using it via cigarettes, right? Give this a read and take from it what you will: All You Need To Know About Nicotine

Yeah, nicotine is obviously the low hanging fruit. If they need to, though, they'll reach higher. The only former smokers who get a free pass are those who quit cold turkey and never look back. I can't. Like you, I require nicotine to function normally. Does that mean I'm "addicted"? Maybe.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I have used nic through patches and gum...still have not been able to fully shake it...I did once for 2 years....so not only through tobacco...The royalgate writing is one eighth "truths" at best.

I started with the gum and picked up smoking to get away from a 3 pkad gum habit

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I estimate I am taking in about 36mg of nicotine per day (roughly 6mL of 6mg/mL juice)

I've mentioned before... If they tax the nicotine (the only thing that is derived from tobacco in the juice) then it would be easy enough to just add the nicotine later to a 0nic juice.

These aren't cigarettes... The government can TRY to bring us down, but ultimately they cannot win. The ONLY thing they can tax is the nicotine.

Think about it...

If they try to tax our APV's, we'll start calling them something else... Advanced flashlights, or whatever... If they try to tax our batteries, well then they better start taxing every battery on the market. Can you just imagine how much a laptop battery would cost if every cell were taxed at 80%? Not gonna happen. If they try to tax PG/VG or flavorings, man almost everything you eat from a grocery store with any kind of flavoring is about to skyrocket!

All they have on us is nicotine... Derived from tobacco so they try to impose taxes on it. If the Nicotine is sold as a separate unit, the taxes on 1mL of concentrated nicotine will be a lot less than the taxes on a 30mL bottle of juice with heavily diluted nicotine.

Sell ALL juice as 0 nic juice, and the nicotine "shot" to bring it up to your desired mg/mL of nic is a separate purchase, taxed as a tobacco product.

This may get worse before it gets better, but I believe we'll be okay at the end of the day. The legislation in each state will breed lawsuits, and those lawsuits will breed precedent. I'm sure many judges out there will see right through this garbage taxation, and things will be back to normal.

Usage bans, on the other hand, well I don't think there's much we can do about that. If they say we can't use eCigs anywhere smoking is banned, then that's just how it's gonna be. Perception has always been more important than reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread