Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I prefer my juice with a bit of nic, and I'm quite addicted to the habit of "hand-to-mouth". I was asked over the weekend if I thought I would ever go completely nic-free, and I said probably not.... I will never go caffeine-free either.

I just received 2L of nic from MFS (they still have a 20% coupon good through today - APRIL2015NIC) and it was too good of a deal for me to pass. Just did some rough math, and I can easily get EIGHT LITERS of juice out of this supply (and that's mixing at 15mg/mL - I usually mix at 9mg/mL for myself, but I have buddies for whom I mix at 15.)

We just have to make our voices heard as Flamingo indicates in signature - Join CASAA, contact your representatives - not only at the Federal level, but at your State and Local levels as well.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I believe its mg/l multiplied by how many mls you use a day. Not certin though

This would be correct... It's not 100% accurate because vaping is not a 100% efficient nicotine delivery system, but it at least gives you an idea.

It's accuracy is based on the efficiency of vapor to deliver nicotine though.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Without question the OBJECT of addiction, the nicotine the alcohol the whatever is usually a symptom of the underlying addiction. Underneath the addictions of food, nic, hording, sex, alcohol, drugs is a myriad of psychological maladies that perpetuate the addiction cycle....without question. The fingerprint metaphor is very apropos.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Without question the OBJECT of addiction, the nicotine the alcohol the whatever is usually a symptom of the underlying addiction. Underneath the addictions of food, nic, hording, sex, alcohol, drugs is a myriad of psychological maladies that perpetuate the addiction cycle....without question. The fingerprint metaphor is very apropos.

The list of addictions grows bigger and bigger every year.

Remember the time people were going coo-coo for beanie babies? Yeah, thats an addiction as well. Beanie Babies are still worth a lot of money even today.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
must be the something else.... I vape 36 nic juice and dont get the "rush" as a ciggie supplies.... process of elimination would say the nic isnt the cause
and to note.... try vaping in the dark as to where you cant see the exhaled vapor.... you get this distinct feeling something is missing even tho you are still getting the same vape.... there is a pretty good chance that vaping is also a visual thing too....

and to add.... ciggies have WTA ( whole tobacco alkaloids ) which may play a role in the "desirability" of tobacco consumption...
This concept is obviously too difficult. :facepalm:

I (yes, me, the heaviest nic intake on the forum) went through a massive, very painful withdrawal when I switched to ecigs.

I (yes, me, the heaviest nic intake on the forum) can now do something that was never possible when I was on cancer sticks. I can go without and not feel addiction sickness. Not for minutes as was not possible before. But for hours.

A guy who hasn't made it through an entire sitcom episode without a cig in oh, 15 yrs... can now take my kids to the movies.

Symptoms paralleled to addiction satiation, not addiction feeding... similar to symptoms all over the forum... even posted those members who refuse to grasp the concept. :facepalm:

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
However I will say that nicotine is addictive because of the withdrawal effects of irritability and headaches for example.

Curious how I could get these symptoms while chain vaping 36 mg/ml during my transition to vaping but not when I haven't picked up my pv in hours a year later if these are indeed nic addiction symptoms and not merely stress and psychology related.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I'm almost certain my addiction is to the habit more so than the nic itself. If that wasn't the case, then NRT's would have worked for me in quitting. That's why they always say that a successful program to quit smoking always has to include behavior modification.
Another HUGE factor in said "difficult" concept. I've had enough nic from patches and gum injected into my system to take out a small herd of cattle...

And it was...

Completely useless...

Yeah... it's solely the nic addiction... right... :glare:

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Behavioral 1%, dependency and addiction, like a rat to a piece of cheese, 99%. I stopped once for 2 years, maybe a tad less, I pick up one analog and back on the PAD train almost immediately. You cannot tell me I was re-hooked on a behavorial basis. No way.
Humanity is doomed. [emoji38]

Tapatyped

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
I really believe that Nicotine dependence is tied to the age at which you started smoking/using nicotine. I read a study that nicotine when introduced to a developing brain dramatically increases the amount of receptors in the person's brain. I believe it honestly. My first hit of nicotine was at age 15, experimenting with it through highschool. Then I picked up smoking in college, going straight to a PAD habit! I really think the age I started is why I am so dependent on nicotine (ripe ol' age of 19. lol). This would also explain why Alzheimer patients who never smoked don't have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms associated with nicotine. They just don't have nearly as many receptors as I do. Hell, I can get a head rush dripping 1.5mg!

Reactions: Wow1420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread