Is one eliquid brand better than another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I won't argue that point, since you're the expert and I really don't know squat.
But it is fairly certain a Chinese juice maker like Dekang has far better QM than most boutique juice makers.

I suspect you're not far off in terms of quality of conformance (the average vaper would measure that by consistency of the juice they get with Dekang's label). I'd have to go back and read my post - I probably didn't make it clear, but I was thinking of the quality of the ingredients used. Quality of conformance shouldn't be too far off on a company with the distribution of Dekang's...the user community would be screaming about inconsistency, and I haven't seen that. I suspect their consistency is probably good.

Jjust to be clear: I'm not taking any potshots at Dekang, or at Chinese manufacturers in general. In my business, I'll probably end up having to move there to find work! ;)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've heard great things about Johnson Creek. They are a USA company located in Wisconsin. There are quite a few reviews of their juices on YouTube.

I've read just as many negative reviews of Johnson Creek. Not on their quality control, that from the distance looks quite good. Simply on the taste. I know I never liked their eliquids.

Nsd_

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
Finland
it's mostly personal preference, but the biggest difference is whether the liquid itself has propylene glycol or vegetable glycol. Propylene is a little harder throat hit.

And a flavour is little stronger in PG(propylene glycol) but you get more vapor out of VG(vegetable glycerin).
Many manufactuers have mix of both in their e-liquids.

Finding the best e-liquids is up to you. There are as many opinions as there are vapers.

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
I remember the antifreeze in the Chinese toothpaste, the cardboard in the Chinese tv dinners, the lead paint in the Chinese toys, etc. For me, I'll buy Made in the USA if possible. That doesn't guarantee a better product, but I'm just gun shy about vaping Chinese juice.

there was also a problem a few weeks(months?) ago about a bulk china supplier of nicotine juice that was selling a bottle of 100mg/ml that when tested was actually something like 240+mg/ml. So anything mixed with it was over double the strength

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I've heard great things about Johnson Creek. They are a USA company located in Wisconsin. There are quite a few reviews of their juices on YouTube.
Johnson Creek Tenessee Cured is my regular all day vape. I love it, but can't say if any of you will like it.

One thing I find comforting about Johnson Creek is the FDA approved lab. As others have pointed out with some suppliers you have no idea of the sanitary conditions or quality of the ingredients used. Was Emma-Joan-Sue picking up after her dog and forgot to wash her hands before mixing your batch?????

That said, I have vaped, and loved juices made by smaller companies. One criteria is that they have an active presence here so that I can check out their user reviews before trying them. That at least gives me the comfort that they are a legitimate business and have a good track record.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Can't speak to orange juice because I never touch the stuff, but Red Oak is definitely the best beer in the world. :p
Not according to Beer Advocate, but I guess you're a bit biased.
I am from San Diego, and we probably have at least 10 better breweries here.
:p

I'll start with Stone, Port Brewing and Lost Abbey, off the top of my head.
I can come up with the other seven if pressed on the topic.
:D

But then again, San Diego has been recognized as the Microbrew capital of the world.
So it really isn't a fair fight.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
there was also a problem a few weeks(months?) ago about a bulk china supplier of nicotine juice that was selling a bottle of 100mg/ml that when tested was actually something like 240+mg/ml. So anything mixed with it was over double the strength
Hold on a minute... wasn't that Box Elder, which is a United States supplier?

Last edited:

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
Yes, for sure! My local place that says I can't vape on my provari in the store because he says "Those things are pipe bombs" happens to carry the best E juice I have ever had! Just picked up a massive 30ml bottle of mango, 2 x 10ml of pineapple and 1 x 10ml of strawberry all 16mg and soooooooo good. Got some fruit meddly and cherry dr pepper from provape and the stuff was NASTY NASTY NASTY - I threw it in the trash, the fuit meddly was ok but didn't taste as good as it should and the cherry dr pepper tasted like old socks and some sort of nasty artificial sweetner.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Good grief! Next thing you'll be bragging about how wonderful your bar-b-que is. :p

Not according to Beer Advocate, but I guess you're a bit biased.
I am from San Diego, and we probably have at least 10 better breweries here.
:p

I'll start with Stone, Port Brewing and Lost Abbey, off the top of my head.
I can come up with the other seven if pressed on the topic.
:D

But then again, San Diego has been recognized as the Microbrew capital of the world.
So it really isn't a fair fight.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I remember the antifreeze in the Chinese toothpaste, the cardboard in the Chinese tv dinners, the lead paint in the Chinese toys, etc. For me, I'll buy Made in the USA if possible. That doesn't guarantee a better product, but I'm just gun shy about vaping Chinese juice.

I remember the Samonella outbreak in 26 states causing several deaths from a meat processing plant in Arkansas. And the E-coile outbreak in Kansas from a Tyson Foods processing plant. And the Listerious outbreak in cantalope from Colorado.

Your selective memory smacks of hypocritical bias.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
It is best to not confuse country of origin of eliquid with a particular eliquid company in the country of origin. One may say that QA in China is generally not as good as in the US, but that may not apply to a particular company in China. Dekang has arguably some of the best manufacturing of eliquid in the world. That doesn't mean you will like their eliquid, though.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
One thing I find comforting about Johnson Creek is the FDA approved lab.

Johnson Creek isn't FDA approved but just registered:
Johnson Creek Enterprises, LLC is fully registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration pursuant to Section 305 of the United States Public Health and Bioterrorism Act of 2002, P.L. 107-188

What does this mean? It does not mean we are "FDA Approved." Johnson Creek Enterprises, LLC facilities and operations are FDA Registered. The law now requires that all companies who produce products for human consumption, must register their facility and operations with the FDA. Further, all information pertaining to a company's address and nature of business must be current with FDA at all times.

Source - FDA Registration Information - Johnson Creek Smoke Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread