Is PG vapour really deadly harmful and toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaynesWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
West Central, MN
Interesting ... Maybe someone should tell the Adults that the PG in their Childrens Cough Syrup is Deadly to Grass :ohmy:

PG _ A.jpg
PG _ B.jpg

Mike Literus

Jun 5, 2014
Beyond paradise
Idk my take on it is that vaping is fairly new so there will always be risks just like anything else the only thing we can do is wait and see what affects it had on the people that use the stuff people are gonna constantly rave with there biased opinions about how pg is in food products but we all know that's a lot different from actually vaping it

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Saw this post on another forum, do you think this is legit? Just did the same experiment on my grass to see. I think he's talking a load of CODSWALLOP, but what do you guys think?????

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is. It ate my grass in 3 days. You can now see a yellow circle the size of an apple exactly where I emptied the bottle. When I tasted a drop on my lips, it burnt a lot. As if I touched the poles of a 9 volt battery. Actually worse than that. I rinsed a lot and switched to another liquid that did not burn. A week later, I got very ill. I can’t describe it. Too embarrassing. It affected my internal organs to the point I saw blood. I won’t go into details. You all go ahead and inhale it. But for those who want to listen, I feel responsible to share my story. It destroys your cells. It changes your DNA sequence. Mutation might show on yourself or your future children. The reason antifreeze fluids for cars have a blue color is to distinguish them from water. If an animal drinks a little antifreeze, it could very much result in the death of an animal. Antifreeze has Propylene Glycol in it. Also, avoid skin lotions with PG in them. The ones without PG do exist and they are more expensive but healthier. At any cost, avoid PG.
- See more at: Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

Gosh, this must be why PG is used in asthma inhalers and injectable meds in hospitals. Because it kills ya dead on the spot, so they use it in medications. That makes perfect sense.

Sheesh. Where do these bozos come from?

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Saw this post on another forum, do you think this is legit? Just did the same experiment on my grass to see. I think he's talking a load of CODSWALLOP, but what do you guys think?????

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is. It ate my grass in 3 days. You can now see a yellow circle the size of an apple exactly where I emptied the bottle. When I tasted a drop on my lips, it burnt a lot. As if I touched the poles of a 9 volt battery. Actually worse than that. I rinsed a lot and switched to another liquid that did not burn. A week later, I got very ill. I can’t describe it. Too embarrassing. It affected my internal organs to the point I saw blood. I won’t go into details. You all go ahead and inhale it. But for those who want to listen, I feel responsible to share my story. It destroys your cells. It changes your DNA sequence. Mutation might show on yourself or your future children. The reason antifreeze fluids for cars have a blue color is to distinguish them from water. If an animal drinks a little antifreeze, it could very much result in the death of an animal. Antifreeze has Propylene Glycol in it. Also, avoid skin lotions with PG in them. The ones without PG do exist and they are more expensive but healthier. At any cost, avoid PG.
- See more at: Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

No, absolutely untrue. PG has been studied for over 50 years and found to be non-toxic. It is used in beverages, foods and asthma inhalers.

Educate yourself and help keep vaping legal:

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I think it's funny how some say pg or even vg is oil based. If that was the case. How come the pg or vg doesn't separate with the water that in e-liquid? People are misinformed. Then instead of thinking for their self's and figuring out if what they heard was true. They act like complete idiots and spread these ......ed claims.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Both PG and VG are actually alcohols. And, although they can be produced from oils, they have completely different chemical properties. Just another example of taking an iota of truth and building a whole pile of BS on it Like the neverending "antifreeze" thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread