Is Propylene Glycol taste supposed to be bitter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariem

Nov 25, 2015
hello guys,
i just got Propylene Glycol from amazon, essential elements,
Amazon.com: Propylene Glycol, 32 Oz/ 1 Quart, USP-Grade, Used As Moisturizer in Medicines, Cosmetics, Food, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Mouth Wash and Hair Care. Cyrstal Clear and Mild: Health & Personal Care

and i tasted it, the taste is bitter,

since this is the first time to order PG for ejuice DIY , i'm not sure if this is how it should be,

please help me guys about this ? the PG's taste should be bitter or the item i got is defective?
71WNrn81fxL._SX522_.jpg

Reactions: Kenna

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yes, PG does tasste bitter. To me it tastes like bad vodka. :)
I really hate the taste, and can't do more than 20% in my mix.

VG is sweet.

so I doubt anything is wrong with your PG. :)

Of course, when you vape it, it doesn't taste anything like when you put it on your tongue to taste it.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Ive done 100% PG mixes, when i first started to see if i had a sensitivity to it (i have issues with all kinds of stuff, so it wouldnt have been a surprise) with no noticeable taste and no ill effects, it was just not cloudy :) . Oddly i tried my highest % VG mix (80%) the other day and couldnt stand it, - no throat hit at all went back to my usual 60/40 mix.

I did once get a bad bottle of PG from my b&m which had an unpleasant (not bitter) aftertaste like it had been contaminated and had almost a perfumey? element in it, whos supplier couldnt explain it as they filter everything to death and dont cross mix on the same production system. Never figured out.

btw I vape unflavoured

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Maybe a LITTLE, but not excessively bitter....
For your next order at least, I'd recommend for both PG and VG that you look for Essential DEPOT. They're a well known popular vendor. You can compare price (and shipping) on their direct website and their Amazon prices...

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
LOL, every nation has their own measuring system thou :)
Im just having a little fun with our American friends

Only 3 countries till use imperial...USA, Burma and Liberia (some interesting company there), everyone else has used metric for nearly half a century, we moved to it in 1966. I might point out that this was 3 years before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon....yes it was that long ago. They sky did not fall after the switch.

A part of me dies every time i see a build video and they mention a 7/64ths diameter this or that, im like wtf is that? :) Its like Klingon

I have to go somewhere like here to convert this madness: CONVERSION CHART: FRACTION/DECIMAL/MILLIMETER

and i think you'll agree thats way to much yellow for any human eye :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
LOL, every nation has their own measuring system thou :)

I remember the saying when Canada went metric eons ago. "No more inches, no more feet. Were going metric...its so neat"
I got Essential Depot PG and it has pretty well no taste that I can detect but I only tasted a drop.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

what happens when you do more than 20% in your mix ? because i will do 50%

thank you so much,

I can't speak for Racehourse. But if use more that about 25% PG with a Modern tank, I start to cough.

And its that Dry Cough like when you get a Tiny Piece of Popcorn stuck in your Throat. Which is the Worst.

Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yea, i tried to vape it, 50/50 VG/PG with no nic or flavors, just to check,
and there was no bitter taste,

what happens when you do more than 20% in your mix ? because i will do 50%

thank you so much,
I mix 50/50, with no discernible taste. If I vape it unflavored it's just a little sweet from the vg.

Reactions: Dixie1954
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread