gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
What's the price?

That's exactly what I was going to ask.

Second question is what is your vaping style? Do you want to build exotic wire coils and blow huge clouds? That is sort of the Goon audience with a massive deck, wire clamps, and big airflow. Not that you can't tame it with regular single strand kanthal coils, but it excels at cloud chasing.

OldIronCheeks

Feb 13, 2017
New York, NY
To put it simply, you could get away with the clone Goon RDA and get the same vape experience. However, you have to ask yourself a few things since the Goon RDA has somewhat of a target audience:

gpjoe already asked two pretty important question - what vaping style are you looking for and what kind of builds are you using? From personal experience, I can say that if you are looking for cloud-chasing, this RDA is for you - huge building deck for exotic and large coils, clamp posts, and very wide airflow.

If you are planning to use simple single-wire coils or flavor chasing , I would not use this RDA since airflow is just too wide and the chamber is way too big for regular coils. When I had the Goon, I almost always used two airholes because having it wide open would produce no flavor with little to no vapor on the inhale.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I have the authentic Goon 528 and a Goon LP clone. Pretty much the same vape is produced (flavor and cloud) the beauty of goon rdas is that it will take almost any build you throw at it (except the LP, it's a ..... to build on). The airflow is adjustable quite a bit so it should work. It all comes down to do you want to buy a used goon at that price, get a brand new for a couple more bucks or get an almost similar experience from a clone which comes quite cheap. Ur call [emoji121]️

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: Hawaiian Nate

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I have been going back and forth with this very question. Do I pay $60 for a real Goon or get a clone for $9?

If I knew the clone wouldn't leak I would get it. I have 2 Velocity clones and both leak slightly from the bottom when hot.

Leak? [emoji102] I've never heard of that issue on a dripper. On a goon there is nowhere it can leak unless you tip the whole atty with a lot of juice in it. If it leaks from the bottom pin just throw it away! The insulator is faulty there is no other way it can leak huh?

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: daviedog

OldIronCheeks

Feb 13, 2017
New York, NY
I have been going back and forth with this very question. Do I pay $60 for a real Goon or get a clone for $9?

If I knew the clone wouldn't leak I would get it. I have 2 Velocity clones and both leak slightly from the bottom when hot.

The authentic Goon will most likely not leak compared to the clone since the machining is more proper and they have better quality control. At that point, I would rather go with higher quality hardware. You know, "buy nice, and cry once; buy cheap, you weap."

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
i have a clone. doesn't leak.
I normally get flak for saying this, but i feel the goon is overrated personally. it's a good RDA just not the end all be all people say. With that said you can buy a clone for less then 10 bucks. I'd suggest doing that then if you really love it and don't mind spending the money get an authentic.

Hendog24

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2016
Washington, DC
Leak? [emoji102] I've never heard of that issue on a dripper. On a goon there is nowhere it can leak unless you tip the whole atty with a lot of juice in it. If it leaks from the bottom pin just throw it away! The insulator is faulty there is no other way it can leak huh?

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Not real helpful.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Not real helpful.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I don't see how a leaking atty is anyway safe to use. The only way a leak will can come will be between the insulator which means it's shot. Also it helps IF you read the whole thread.

I already gave quite a decent insight and that post was after the OP mentioned leaking from the bottom of the Atty.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Buy the clone,, at Fasttech there are several versions. Buy the one with the beveled plate (there is only one). About 13usd. 24mm version.
Being impressed, i then bought an authentic. Can't see a difference.
I use with Kanthal 1.3ohm twisted coil. Close off the opposite A/F & use 1 and a half of the air holes. Not airy at all.
Used mostly on a Noisy Cricket..

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I did not buy a dripper yet. Unfortunately, the authentic Goon I was going to buy has a bit of a bump on it which really kills the overall appeal. The clone version goes for around 29 bucks over here which isn't cheap either, and I am not a wide airflow person at all so I am probably going to go for another dripper. I am looking for a single coil RDA that produces a lot of flavor rather than clouds, so would the Velocity RDA be a better option in this case? There are also some other drippers widely available like the Pharaoh, Twisted Messes, Troll, Kennedy, etc.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I don't own any of those RDAs but I have a Kennedy(clone) in the mail. From what I've heard the Kennedy can run in single coil but it's still quite "airy" and cloud oriented. I could be wrong though so I'd wait for someone else to chime in that actually owns one. The velocity again appears to be more of a dual coil deck but don't take my word for it. I've heard really good things about the Hadaly for a single coil RDA

I'd suggest asking @Sed8op8 good reviewer (IMO) and very thorough. She would have good recommendations for your needs

Edit: autocorrect made my post not make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread