Is the Kabuki worth the extra price over the Aspire Nautilus, to be used on a Provari P3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I lost my Provari P3 this weekend while drinking in NYC (lol).

Looking to purchase a new one right away, but was trying to figure out whether or not it's worth it to spend $90 for a Kabuki tank or spend $32 on another Aspire nautilus.

I've never used a Kabuki nor do I know anyone that ever has, so the price tag is a little bit intimidating, but I'm not one to cheap out if the quality is far superior.

What do you guys think?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I just don't 'go there' with all this stuff. The last Nautilus (genuine) I bought was $20.
The last Subtank I got was under $15 and uses a genuine Kanger base.
The (mini) Nautilus has been good enough for me for 18 months as my daily worker, so I have no complaints. 'Housing' the BVC coils in another tank would make no difference to me... if does what I want it to do.
For the same reason I would not buy 1 real Kayfun instead of 5.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
If it were me I would buy 3 of the Nautilus Mini instead of the Kabuki. Since it uses the same coil, the only real difference could be the airflow (I have no experience with a Kabuki). If the Nautilus was working for you then anything else is a risk.
I have both and yes the Kabuki does have better air flow; and once you set it. It's done.
The new Aspire Heads benefit both. Larger juice inlet slots.
But for the money buy a full sized Nautilus. The mini has the most restricted air flow of the three.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
If you like the Nauti, and it's working for you, no reason not to use it. The one thing I really, really like about the Kabuki is doesn't have to use a 510 connector if it's on a Provari. The engineer in me highly approves of the large diameter thread base. It's a lot stiffer and stronger than a 510.

PS. If you're going to go out drinking an lose it again, buy the Nauti. And an iStick 30 instead of the Provari :)

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I love the Kabuki! The flavor is leaps and bounds better than the Nauti, for me. So is the airflow. I'm not understanding how Zen~, the inventor, was able to coax so much out of the stock BVC coil, but he did. Here are the downsides: The tank holds only 2.5mls. Evidently, that was a design constraint. The tank is quartz. It requires one to be careful. That's it! If $ isn't an issue, I'd try a Kabuki. Worst case, you leave it in a bar :)

I love the Kabuki! The flavor is leaps and bounds better than the Nauti, for me. So is the airflow. I'm not understanding how Zen~, the inventor, was able to coax so much out of the stock BVC coil, but he did. Here are the downsides: The tank holds only 2.5mls. Evidently, that was a design constraint. The tank is quartz. It requires one to be careful. That's it! If $ isn't an issue, I'd try a Kabuki. Worst case, you leave it in a bar :)

Yeah, that's kind of a problem for me. I love the design, look and feel of the Aspire Nautilus w/P3-thread, but after contacting ProVape, apparently, Aspire stopped making this version w/the P3-thread and there's none left on the market. ProVape even went on to tell me that they had contacted all of their dealers to try to buy back up all the Aspire Nautilus w/P3-thread's on the market, but that there are literally none left anywhere.

I vape pretty frequently through the day, and that's why I always loved the Aspire Nautilus because of it's 5mL tank capacity.. Not sure that a 2.5mL tank would cut it for me since I hate to carry around extra stuff with me like extra juice. I like to be able to fill it up once in the morning, and be set throughout the rest of the day till I go to bed.

Damn though, thanks for the knowledge!

Mikejames

Moved On
Feb 28, 2016
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned poster - Robino1

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
I have both and no the bukkaki is not any better than the nautilus in flavor. In fact the triton mini blows both out the water. The new Clapton coiks for the mini triton can be run on low power and are high enough in resistance for prorape mods. The mini triton also excels at mouth to lung and is much cheaper than a bukkaki, which, can use all of the, Articles coils except it is unable to accept the triton mini/nautilus platform. Save your money, get a triton mini for 1/4 price and enjoy mouth to lung vaping on your p3.

Great advice, Mike and welcome to ECF! :thumbs:

Reactions: Mikejames

Mikejames

Moved On
Feb 28, 2016
  • Deleted by Robino1

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Thank you, I was shocked that a 100$ clears couldn't run the coils made specifically for its platform.
I mean it does get more air, but if you like throw of the nautilus you're going to set it to the same point anyway, so what's the point?
Also the 510 on mine popped out twice. Haven't has an issue with the triton mini at all.

I have 2 Tritons. No problems at all and with the Claptons, .3's or .4's, no worries.

Mikejames

Moved On
Feb 28, 2016
  • Deleted by Robino1

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I have a Kabuki and I like it a lot. The Nautilus tanks are also great for me. I only use the Kabuki around the house or if I am only going out for a short time. The capacity is low and it seems to go thru the juice a lot quicker than say a Nautilus mini. The flavor is better than a Nautilus IMHO, with the cost and small capacity, it is not for everybody.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
@lip5016, this is what it always comes down to: YMMV! :). Some folks love the Kabuki, some love the Nautilus, some both and others neither. As I posted earlier, I far prefer the Kabuki to any tank I've tried that uses stock coils - and I've tried a lot of them. That doesn't make me right; it just makes me a Kabuki lover. Other folks have different preferences. So, IF the kabuki is in your budget, and IF the capacity is ok with you, and IF you want something with a P3 connection, and IF there's something about the Kabuki that makes you want to try it, then go for it. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread