Is the Pico squeeze a mech mod or isit "safer" than mech mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
It does have some protections so I would say it's safer than a mech.

eleaf istick Pico Squeeze Features:

• Unregulated Design
  • Maximum Wattage Output of 50.0W
  • Battery: 1*18650 high-drain battery (Not Included)
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.15 Ohms
  • Spring Loaded 510 Connection
  • Easy Battery Swap System
  • 6.5mL Liquid Capacity
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
It does have some protections so I would say it's safer than a mech.

eleaf iStick Pico Squeeze Features:

• Unregulated Design
  • Maximum Wattage Output of 50.0W
  • Battery: 1*18650 high-drain battery (Not Included)
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.15 Ohms
  • Spring Loaded 510 Connection
  • Easy Battery Swap System
  • 6.5mL Liquid Capacity
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
Thanks buddy, i do like the fact the wattage depends on your battery life, makes a change to dna boards etc,

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks buddy, i do like the fact the wattage depends on your battery life, makes a change to dna boards etc,

The wattage will depend on the coil resistance you place on top. The current delivered will vary with the battery charge as the voltage drops. That's the same as any mech. It's just like this is a mech with a fuse/kick, although at least with a kick you can dial in your voltage. The 50W cap is just to try and keep you under 20A with your build for safety purposes. You can still build down to 0.15 ohm and draw under 20A.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
The wattage will depend on the coil resistance you place on top. The current delivered will vary with the battery charge as the voltage drops. That's the same as any mech. It's just like this is a mech with a fuse/kick, although at least with a kick you can dial in your voltage. The 50W cap is just to try and keep you under 20A with your build for safety purposes. You can still build down to 0.15 ohm and draw under 20A.
Oh so i can still vape at 50 watts and get alot of vapour with low battery life?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh so i can still vape at 50 watts and get alot of vapour with low battery life?

Battery life is based on the capacity, usually 2500 or 3000 mAh for the 20A batteries we use. As the charge drops the output voltage drops as well, so the current will decrease as the battery drains. I have no idea how to precisely calculate battery run time based on drain and capacity, but vaping at 50W (max draw it allows) should get you through a reasonable chunk of the day.

However, the voltage will drop, so the current will drop, so the vape performance will drop, all as the battery drains. You will not have a constant current which means a change in vape quality over time. If you find the vape getting weak, it's time to throw a fresh battery in.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Battery life is based on the capacity, usually 2500 or 3000 mAh for the 20A batteries we use. As the charge drops the output voltage drops as well, so the current will decrease as the battery drains. I have no idea how to precisely calculate battery run time based on drain and capacity, but vaping at 50W (max draw it allows) should get you through a reasonable chunk of the day.

However, the voltage will drop, so the current will drop, so the vape performance will drop, all as the battery drains. You will not have a constant current which means a change in vape quality over time. If you find the vape getting weak, it's time to throw a fresh battery in.
Ill be sure to have three - four batterys at my side, love that little mod

Reactions: Eskie

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Reactions: Bad Ninja

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016

Would you guys say Sony VT 6's are accurate enough?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Was going to buy a couple..... Narda being a MTL RDA i'll probs only vape at around 12 - 15 watts

It vapes, pretty much, like a mech.
Meaning whatever your battery has, gets delivered to the coil.
You can't pick your watts - you pick your coil... Then the battery/coil combo do their thing.
Fresh off the charger, you'll have 4.2 volts for a few minutes. Then some run time in the range of 3.8 to 3.9. How long depends on your build, etc. But hours, for sure...

So - use a coil that you will enjoy at 3.9 volts or so.

The only important ways it differs from a mech:
1 - it should stop you if you put the battery in upside down (well, actually, you are SUPPOSED to put the battery in upside down - so I guess it has "right side up" battery protection, lol)
2 - Little blinky light after every vape. Will BLINK instead of lighting up solid, if your battery is getting low. BUt you'll actually already KNOW that your battery is getting low, becuase the vape will seem a bit weak
3 - in theory, it should protect against firing with a super super low ohm build that's not safe.

NarDa is good. VT6 is good.

Personally, I like it around 0.45 ohms - which means I'm vaping at something like 30-40 watts most of the time.

I like how cheap it is, and seems to be the smallest squonker available, i recently picked up a Narda, and can't seem to find anything small enough to match what im lookingfor, other than the peasant squonkers which are $700.00 plus, no way am i spending that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread