Is the PROVARI worth it...YES and I will explain WHY. Facts, not fanyboyism. Plz Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Here we go again. LOL!

Provari should 'update its production line' to the same type that $20 mods use. You know, the ones we all outgrew to 'upgrade' to the Provari. That's funny:).

I don't know any 'exclusive' mod owners, are you one? Name the mod that has owners who do not own ANY other mods, and never plan to get another one?

But it's odd that Provari owners... who in some cases have over 21 mods *cough*... find that Provari is the best and favorite one:)?

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Well, another out of control ProVari thread......

I see no point in arguing which PV is better than another. There are pluses and minuses in each one. And there are enough types out there to satisfy everyone. I really don't care what another person is vaping on and since I don't own stock in Provape, I don't care what they are or aren't developing or if they are making money or not.

If we look at the big picture, the real issue is staying off of analogs and whatever equipment that takes to do that is the right equipment. Doesn't matter is it's a cheap eGo clone or a $3000 engraved Caravela.

Juiceinator

Apr 11, 2013
New England
As far as the provari i never used one. But to say that your evic wont work after dropping it is laughable. Mine was run over by a car, both tires, as i stood almost in tears preparing for the inevitable. To top it off it was raining. To my delight it turned right back on. Not saying youre wrong. Read the thread because i see much good and was curious as to why they were so highly regarded. Your post cleared up many unknowns for me

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Well, another out of control ProVari thread......

I see no point in arguing which PV is better than another. There are pluses and minuses in each one. And there are enough types out there to satisfy everyone. I really don't care what another person is vaping on and since I don't own stock in Provape, I don't care what they are or aren't developing or if they are making money or not.

If we look at the big picture, the real issue is staying off of analogs and whatever equipment that takes to do that is the right equipment. Doesn't matter is it's a cheap eGo clone or a $3000 engraved Caravela.

Hey... I love my Ego clones, and I still use them too...

As for the arguing about Provari, you guys are tired of it, I'm new to the scene, so I'm still enjoying the arguing:p. :p

Further, I agreed not to feed the trolls in the Provari sub-forums... I didn't say anything about the rest of the forums...

I just can't see why people feel the need to pick on the Provari constantly, when there's at least a dozen US mods they can make fun of and call inferior to cheap imported chinese products. I guess I'm still waiting for that answer.

So far, I have NEVER seen someone who has a Provari trolling one of the US VW mods to tell them how utterly pointless their VW is, when we are all used to Volts, and VV is as much a habit as thinking in inches, MPH, and gallons instead of Metric. I still don't know what I weigh in Metric, or what a sunny day is in Celsius. More than 1/2 my mods have VW, and I still use VV. Um... the ONLY mod I have that's VW only, the Itaste 134 is the ONLY mod I have that was defective. Maybe Provari are only for people like me, people who don't like fixing broken things.

I was going to buy a Reo or a Hana Mod, but after this thread, I won't. I don't need no stinking VW. so there. :evil: :firefox:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'll tell ya - when I'm bored there is NOTHING like finding one of these threads for some fun.

In all honesty, "it" hasn't been my "favorite" mod for about six months now. HOWEVER, if Lord O. came down from his perch and made me choose JUST ONE THING to keep, it'd be one of my Provaris. And with everything that's already been written, I don't think I need to explain why.

If I DO need to explain it to someone, then it's probably NOT the mod they're looking for.

Bottom line, get one or don't get one. You won't regret it if you do, and I won't regret (or notice) if you don't. Mine are STAYING PUT though - that's for dang sure.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have one question to ask. How many Provari owners are "exclusive" provari owners? Not many. Why is that? Because even ProVari owners like to try out "what's next". And I'm not talking about the guy who has a mech mod. I'm talking about the people who have multiple regulated mods, like ProVari, MVP, Vamo, etc....But I just wonder why is it, that ProVari owners are so insecure in their purchases that they have to bash everything else out there, (while secretly buying them)

I'm not insecure about my purchase of two Provari's. In fact, buying them were two of the best decisions that I've ever made in my nearly 2 years of vaping.

After purchasing my first Provari, a standard size, I was looking for a shorter mod that was more pocket-friendly when outside of the house. I purchased two different model variable voltage box mods which were indeed more pocket-friendly, but more often than not when leaving the house I still grabbed for the bigger Provari because I preferred it over the other two. It provided me with a better vape. Those two VV box mods are currently collecting dust in a drawer.

I awarded myself a second Provari (a mini this time) for my 1 year anniversary. Now I finally had what I was searching for when I bought the above two VV box mods. A pocket-friendly Provari.

I also have won a Smoktek Mini ZMax and an iTaste MVP in the last year. I use the MVP at work because I have to, due to the nature of my work. I rarely use the Mini ZMax because I don't care for the 33.3 Hz rattlesnake chip it has.

So yes, I use the MVP because I have to. Otherwise, my two Provari's get all of the rest of my attention.

And when Pbusardo mocks Provari owners by donnig a cloak and performing rituals to the God of ProVari before he begins his review, you know that's saying something. Yes, Pbusardo "gets" it. But even he didn't mention that the device was not without it's flaws.
If I recall, the only "flaw" PBusardo found was he would have liked a "clicky" button. That's hardly a game-changer when choosing a mod.

It's worth mentioning that he is often seen at the Vape Bashes sporting his black Provari Mini. In many of his demo videos of juice attachments, he uses a Provari as the mod used during the review. When testing the ohms of a juice device during a review, instead of using a multimeter or ohm meter, he often puts it on his Provari to test the ohms. It is no secret PBusardo is a fan of the Provari.

And that's not even taking into account that in addition to the 159.00 for the base model ProVari, they want to charge me 20 bucks for a paint job, 15 bucks for a different color LED, and another 20 bucks for an extension cap. Talk about getting soaked.
FYI....

Provape doesn't apply the carokote paint finish on the colored Provari's in-house. They outsource this job to another company, which costs Provape $20 to do. This additional cost is passed on to ONLY those customers who desire a colored Provari.

The default LED color is red. Their LED supplier charges Provape $15 additional for the green and blue LED's. This additional cost is passed on ONLY to those customers who desire either a green or blue LED.

Would you rather Provape raise the price of the basic Provari an additional $35 across the board so that they can cover their additional costs and force all customers to pay for something they may not want? Provape is a small manufacturing company and can not afford to give options away for free.

$25 for the battery extension cap is a typical price for such an accessory. AltSmoke charges $25 for the extension tube for their Silver Bullet, which allows one to put a Kick into the SB along with the 18650 battery it uses. I never hear of anyone complaining that AltSmoke is "soaking" their customers for this optional extension tube.

Last edited:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I (like many others) started vaping as a way to quit smoking. For me, it worked.

ROI? Any/all of my vaping gear is FREE to me, as I am spending less (even after buying my ProVari) now, than I did on smoking.

I have a box of vaping junk that I do not use for one reason or another. I use two devices for power, my ProVari at home, and my itaste VV when out of the house. Why? Because I have bad hands, I drop stuff a lot, and it would hurt me to scratch my ProVari.

PROs and CONs...
This is why I have both items. Which I use depends on what I am doing. Why? Because money-wise it would hurt to need to replace my ProVari, but replacing the VV won't hurt so much - my only reasons if I am being honest. I do wish I could charge batteries at night without removing them from my ProVari - again, bad hands, I drop stuff, batteries too.

I do wish folks could understand the difference between a 'debate', and a 'fight'. This thread is losing interest to me as folks are drifting into hating on each other - it's really OK to disagree, there is no rule that states one must win and one must lose.

To the 3PAD guy still struggling - Way to go - don't stress on it, remember how many years you're been smoking? When I started vaping I never promised my wife or myself that I would stop smoking, only that I would vape for a few minutes before lighting that next analog. Find a tasty juice, anda vaping method you like, and it'll happen. Do not be quick to lower your NIC level, I am just now dropping from 24mg myself.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Oh. I don't hate anyone, if you are worried about me... I was just amazed that people could want the company to make one of the most uniquely durable best of class products to copy something you can find all over the place. It defies reason. :blink:

So I figure they were just joking, and I was just joking along:).

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
The Swiss were huge losers on the paradigm shift that quartz technology brought to the watch market. The Swiss invented quartz technology, but pooh poohed it because they felt that owners of Swiss watches wanted "workmanship" over accuracy. The Japanese took quartz technology and almost buried the Swiss. Consumers, it turned out, simply wanted accurate time pieces. The same held true for manual vs automatic transmissions.

The Swiss watchmakers were almost buried? You mean Rolex, Breguet, IWC, Patek, etc? I had no idea. They are, as far as I know, still going strong with their mechanical movements. Not being a jerk here, just didn't know they were almost buried. Do you have any more info on this?

EDIT: Nevermind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_crisis

And sadly, you're right. The manual transmission is going the way of the Dodo. Consumers want an appliance, I want a dynamic driving experience; three pedals and a shift lever. I guess I'm a dying breed. Although, hopefully dying a bit later since I switched to vaping. ;)

Last edited:

thezoo

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
pennsylvania
I too wish to explain my self although i felt i was clear as mud in my opinions i have no hate for provari or the people that make them but this world is full of products that have a strong following that their fan base light torches grab pitchforks and riot at the slightest criticism aimed in the general directtion of the object of their desires those people also have a one size fits all answer ( my car broke down ... See you should have bought an apple computer... What the hey does apple have to do with my car woes.... Well it doesnt but thats beside the point.... Well thats the issue i have provari owners bellieve that everyone should have one and get irate with people that dont agree

That was the point i failed through no lack of trying to make

BmoreDoug

Jun 8, 2013
Baltimore MD
Lots of fancy talk about craftsmanship, quality, electronics and what not. I know one thing, I have over time, beat my Vari all to hell. It's ugly. It's scratched. It looks like something I pulled out of the bottom of my toolbox. I screw on a topper and it never fails to do its job and do it well. 2 tools I always have; an old Leatherman and my Vari. I use other batteries too, but I don't think I could ever kill this thing. That alone, to me, makes it a worthwhile investment. If I'm still vaping, I'll probably still have that ugly ... thing ten years from now.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
All I have to say is this:

The ProVari is worth every penny. Provape makes a first rate product that is made of first rate materials built with great craftsmanship. It's voltage output is astoundingly accurate and does not drop off as the battery power flags. The people at Provape stand behind their product in a way that makes their service the gold standard of the industry. The 510 threading is manufactured at Provape and is the highest quality steel. I have never heard of a ProVari with stripped threads. Like everything else on the ProVari, it is built to last.

If you like these features, $159 is a pretty reasonable price to try it. If you don't like it, you can resell it for 90% of your cost quite easily.

If you want other features, get something else. There are other good mods with other features.

The ProVari is a good value at $159.

Roaring via Tapatalk

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Lots of fancy talk about craftsmanship, quality, electronics and what not. I know one thing, I have over time, beat my Vari all to hell. It's ugly. It's scratched. It looks like something I pulled out of the bottom of my toolbox. I screw on a topper and it never fails to do its job and do it well. 2 tools I always have; an old Leatherman and my Vari. I use other batteries too, but I don't think I could ever kill this thing. That alone, to me, makes it a worthwhile investment. If I'm still vaping, I'll probably still have that ugly ... thing ten years from now.

I wish I could give this post 100 likes... that's the reason we defend Provari in a nutshell right there:).

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I owe the people on this thread an apology. I noticed that I was doing what I accused other's of doing in reverse. That is getting attached with their buying decisions.

Only, I went the opposite way.

Bottom line is I can't pull the trigger on a ProVari......yet. But, that's on me, I have my reasons. There's no need to argue the point because my reasons are mine and mine alone.

In defense of my position, (like I needed to defend my reasoning) I said things that may have hurt peoples feelings or come across as trollish.

That's something I don't want to be known for.

The bottom line, is we all make our choices for our vape gear. I currently love the MVP 2.0. But it's not for everyone. Some folks like eGo Sticks, some folks like mech mods, some people like cig-a-likes, and some like ProVari's.

The point is, there are no right or wrong choices. Just what is right or wrong for you. I have submitted an email request to ProVape to come up with a "ProWatti". I also mentioned I would love to see them put out a box mod with a usable replaceable battery. I think that would be awesome.

Whether they do it or not....Doesn't matter.

If I offended anyone, I'm sorry. I am very happy with my current choices, and the number of Provari fans is a testament to their quality. If my MVP's die prematurely, then ProVari will be on a short list of possible replacements. If they ever produce a ProWatti, well....I'm just gonna have to get that.

In the meantime, Vape On. After all, life's too short....

:vapor:

Last edited:

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
P.Opus and the other people, i do not get offended easily. We are afterall on a silly message board spewing silly nonsense about a product that 98% of the general populous could care less about. Its kinda funny, no?

All i wanted was an open discussion of Provape and the difference in quality thy offer compared to some more economical options. Ive always been one to buy things that last, which is why I settled on a provari . It suits my needs perfectly. PerhAps many people will not like it, and no one should care because well, who cares?!

P.opus, your staggering the fence and its killing me! Buy a provari and try it out. I bet youll like it a whole whole lot. But if you dont, i will glady buy it off you in the classies for most of its original cost. My fiancee would sure love one! For real im serious.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
We are afterall on a silly message board spewing silly nonsense about a product that 98% of the general populous could care less about. Its kinda funny, no?

Standing ovation, Cearamm. Well, a standing ovation of at least one.

Vape on a Provari or whatever. It doesn't matter. If Al Davis were alive and vaping today, he'd say, "Just vape, baby!"

Here. Maybe one of you Photoshop folks can work your magic with this one. T'aint my thing.

jwb.jpg

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
P.opus, your staggering the fence and its killing me! Buy a provari and try it out. I bet youll like it a whole whole lot. But if you dont, i will glady buy it off you in the classies for most of its original cost. My fiancee would sure love one! For real im serious.

I will definitely keep it in mind. I really don't have room for a ProVari right now. I rotate between my MVP 2's for my day to day vape and my iTaste vv 3 is keeping my other pens company in my pen mug at work. It's my emergency vape at work in case I some how forget to bring my MVP or something happens to it while at work. It has a full mini protank of juice ready to go. I give it a vape once in a while just to clear my pallet, or to bring the battery down from it's full 4.2 charge.

I would also need to free up about $250 bucks so I can outfit the ProVari with all the stuff I would want (batteries, charger, Extension cap, adapter....etc....etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread