is there a big difference between 60-70 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleGrapess

Jul 25, 2015
Im choosing between two mods, MVP 3 Pro and Aspire pegasus. The mvl goes up to 60 watts and the pegasus goes up to 70 watts, going to be using .5 and .25 ohm coils on the unwell crown. So I'm just wondering if i should wait till the pegasus comes out on Aug 5th, or get the mvp. I know the mvp is going to be a really reliable mod, but not sure about the pegasus since it hasn't come out yet, only a 10 watt difference. i like the mvp also because it has 4500mah while the pegasus will have about 1800mah but it takes a replaceable battery. But is there a big difference from 60 to 70 watts? i don't like my vape to be really hot either.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The coils for that crown tank are rated up to 100W? I think? And at .5 or .25 ohm, you will be sucking the life out of the batteries pretty quick. I would actually go with a higher powered mod with 2 - 18650 batteries. 60 - 70W will likely be enough power, but a higher wattage LiPo mod will have a higher mAh rating. And a 2 battery 18650 will probably be a better fit. :2c:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I wouldn't recommend either mod, they're both underpowered for the tank you're planning on using them with, and it's never good to run any mod at it's max power all the time.

You really need a mod with 100W or more if you're going to use the Crown or similar high watt subohm tank. The Crown wasn't made to run at 40-50W, it was made to run at 60-100W and you're looking at mods that just barely hit that low end when the mod is fully maxed out on it's power delivery. You really need a mod that can do AT LEAST 100W.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Just my :2c:, but I'd go with the Innokin product. But you have also heard good advice regarding a two-battery 18650 mod for that Crown tank. That thing is going to eat battery. Take a good look at the Sigelei products. Sig is coming out with 100 and 150 watt TC models, allegedly this month, so dealers are moving the non-TC models out at low prices right now...

Reactions: Hitcat44

FireB411

Unresolved Status
Jul 12, 2015
Hong Kong
Theres a HUGE difference between 0 and 10 watts. 0 watts wont fire any atomizer but 10 might give a burnt hit with some coils. The difference between 60 and 70 is much smaller, in a way.

only 5 minutes late :D

What he said and a bit more. 10 watts difference is huge if you are comparing between 10 and 20 but anything over 30 is all about dripping and clouds. Having said that, it makes a difference if you are using temperature control (higher wattage helps with preheat). I'm on DNA200 but I hardly go beyond 50W in wattage mode

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Only Appreciable Difference between 60W & 70W is one is Numerically Superior to the other.
In Practical Application-Negligible at best.
Regarding your specified choices, agree whole-heartedly with all who said superior mah rules the Day between the two given your situation and needs.

On another note,,, The primary Difference between 0 Watts & 10 Watts is very Simple to ascertain and understand for anyone....
0 Watts = NO Vape.
10 Watts = Vape. Potency & Quality determined by the Atty/Tank of course but none the less, Vape. ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Im choosing between two mods, MVP 3 Pro and Aspire pegasus. The mvl goes up to 60 watts and the pegasus goes up to 70 watts, going to be using .5 and .25 ohm coils on the unwell crown. So I'm just wondering if i should wait till the pegasus comes out on Aug 5th, or get the mvp. I know the mvp is going to be a really reliable mod, but not sure about the pegasus since it hasn't come out yet, only a 10 watt difference. i like the mvp also because it has 4500mah while the pegasus will have about 1800mah but it takes a replaceable battery. But is there a big difference from 60 to 70 watts? i don't like my vape to be really hot either.

Here's a review of the tank which has details of how the reviewer felt the vape was with all the coils at different wattages. IMO you're not going to like the 0.25 ohm coils. 60 watts might do it for you with either of the 0.5 ohm heads. You would have no issues at 60 watts max with the 1.2 ohm heads.

There is only about 15% difference between 60 and 70 watts. That isn't a whole lot unless you want a bit more and don't have it. As long as you chose a tank (and head resistance) and mod combination so that the mod has more than enough power for the tank you're good.

I can't comment on either of these mods because I don't know them. I will say that if a mod is not up to par it might not actually give you the watts you set, specially at the top end.

Mint-Hat

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 31, 2015
www.PeppermintCloudz.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread