Is there anything positive on the vaping horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I tried to be the good vaper and fight against the regulations so we could all vape in peace and there would be positivity on the horizon.

But since then I've given up on fighting honestly, I have the means to keep vaping for sometime to come. With or without regulations. Everytime I load up the forums I'm bombarded by ridiculous stereotypes and blame for said regulations because I don't vape how others want me to. So enjoy the letter writing I'll be in the corner vaping on my FDA magnet build, wearing my black tee, and tattoos for everyone to see.

Oddly, we may be on different ends of the spectrum; but I agree with you. There are things in the vape community that I will not lift a finger to defend. In many respects, we are not a united front.
It reminds me of how many Americans, disheartened with the two party system, keep yammering on about how we need a third party; but there will never be one, equal in scope to the current two, because there's no agreement as to what the third party should be.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
It is on all of us

And I used to feel that way like I said in my OP I've wrote countless letters and answered CTA's. But regardless of that since I courteously blow clouds in public the overwhelming concensus of this forum is the regulations will still be my fault. So why try so hard to still be blamed for it all? These vape crusaders around here lately have no idea how much they would be of more service to the cause if they would just be a little more accepting, or shut up. Either would work just fine. Have a great weekend! :vapor:

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Oddly, we may be on different ends of the spectrum; but I agree with you. There are things in the vape community that I will not lift a finger to defend. In many respects, we are not a united front.
It reminds me of how many Americans, disheartened with the two party system, keep yammering on about how we need a third party; but there will never be one, equal in scope to the current two, because there's no agreement as to what the third party should be.

Agreed on all counts, when I first got here I didn't see a spectrum of vapers just vapers it's only in the last month or two the divide has grown to where people feel the need to pick sides. I had enough of that in high school, so now I mainly post in funny threads or try to help new vapers when I can. But this issue has been eating at me for sometime and thought I would take a small break to get it off my chest. And now that I have its back to meme's and having fun.

Reactions: ElevenEleven

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I have a lifetime worth of DIY supplies if the worse does happen but I really hope we can keep the opportunity available to everyone. The number of people I have met who have successfully quit smoking due to vaping is immense and I would hate to see a ban cause smoking to come back full power. It's an uphill battle though, all of us supporting vaping are still a few billion dollars behind those who are opposed.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Some people need to stop being so bloody precious and sensitive as that's the biggest trend amongst vapers. I deal with politicians on many levels and am often confronted by images of rude ignorant vapers blowing huge clouds, does that mean I dislike cloud chasers of course it doesn't but it is the most commonly used image those politicians use. I know it's a smokescreen and a convenient scapegoat as no politician is going to admit the truth about who and what is motivating their attitudes towards vaping. To be honest I get sick of trying to get this point across on here because the same childish responses get thrown about how "we're attacking cloud chaser's" when we're absolutely not and are completely aware it's a false premise for opposition to vaping but advocates for vaping have to deal with it and combat it.

It isn't all bad news progress is being made but you will not be seeing it shouted from the rooftops because we're at the stage where tentative support for us is growing as long as they can stay in the shadows. Keep fighting, keep being open and approachable to any and all people there are and politely confront ignorance where you find it but also the next time you see a jerk being inappropriate confront them as that's the biggest sign to most of the general public that most vapers are good and decent people that are the opposite of the media images.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
I usually sub ohm but sometimes I feel I shouldn't and for those times I use a Nautilus. The past few days i've found myself trying to fight what seems like a losing battle,. One guy keeps telling new vapers that ANYTHING over 8 watts is dangerous and likely producing formaldehyde because of the temperature. On each thread I point out that one device vaping at 10 watts can equal or surpass a different device's temperature vaping at 50 watts. I mean new vapers as well as some experienced people believe this guy. He is one of the vape my way or you're vaping wrong crowd. I don't care about people's opinions of how I do anything but I care when someone is constantly spreading misinformation

Reactions: Caro123

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
FDA regulations, taxes, sterilized armed-guarded eliquid manufacturing complexes, mech mods exploding, isticks exploding, 260 watt flamethrowers bursting into flames, folks wondering why their nichrome melts when they try to fire it at 12 volts (2200 watts???), cloud competitions sponsered by heavyset, bald bearded dudes with black t-shirts and attitudes (stereotype, added for sarcastic irony...I mean, that's how we portray the "bad vaper" that's ruining it for all of us, right?), mis/lack of information everywhere, and the constant bickering about all of the above.

Some days I wonder if my personal-paltry risk of lung cancer wasn't easier to stomach.
YES there is some good on the horizon, vaping has come to Nova Scotia! NS is not a province that has been a trend setter, in fact NS usually follows five or ten years behind the rest of North America. BUT vaping and vape shops are here. They have spread a little like legalized gambling spread, one minute you could only gamble in Vegas next day you could use slot machines in any drinking establishment. Vaping is without a doubt here to stay BECAUSE it actually works. Are there pressures - you bet -both internal and external I personally don't have a lot of faith in being able to direct or stop the action. I quite truly believe the script has already been written but one positive I am sure of -vaping is here to stay.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
It's just a bit dismaying. It's difficult for me to foresee how a market with this much growth and development, not to mention...commerce, is going to remain strong under severe regulations. Will it be worth it to develop an IPV 5, an Istick 70, a new gen Kanger Subtank, etc? Yes, those things will probably see the light of day, but corners are going to have to be cut to get them into a regulated market. And what about the smaller "cottage industry" segment, where the $ margins are so much more narrow? Will Joe Small Guy be able to foot the bill for tooling up AND "reg-ing" a new RDA (or whatever)? The practicalities all boil down to dollars and cents, and regs are expensive.

Yeah, stockpiling so I can continue to vape at the level I'm at now is an option. I mean, these IPV3's and all the other stuff I have should last me well into the foreseeable future. And yeah, I can just keep buying my eliquid in Mexico, where even if there were regs on the horizon it wouldn't matter, (as it doesn't now, technically everything ecig is supposed to be banned...). Probably continue to do that anyway, since it's so much cheaper.

But I don't see these things as a solution, except for me personally, short term. If the market is reg'd, it's stifled. If it's stifled, that will curb growth and development. Investments will need to be larger, returns on them smaller. Not good.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Exactly right, Jambi. As always, it's "follow the money" to see the why. BT and BP don't like losing $$ to anybody who isn't them. And they have the $$ to buy off the regulators, er, pay for the permits. Think about the places where proposed regs limit vaping to prefilled, non-refillable tanks...

And, while outfits like Innokin, Kanger and a few of the other big players MAY see continued profit in jumping through the hoops, as you say, many (most? all?) the smaller players just don't have that kind of $$ laying around. Especially all the juice makers. Doesn't matter if the big players can still sell mods if you can't get juice.

Like many here, I'm stocked, and continue to build my stash of nic and spare parts. And continue to make noises at all the levels I can. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, so we all need to make lots of noise. Few things that are worthwhile are easy, or quick.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
As long as we keep in-fighting over cloud size and ridiculous things like that we will loose the good fight.
Vapers ignore the real reason behind restrictions.
The states sold our souls for a piece of BTs profits, paid through court settlements.... They then issued and sold bonds based on future payments.
The states cannot afford to allow vaping which cuts into those profits/payments.
Our politician's greed created a situation where state programs are funded by tobacco taxes.
Cig taxes fund schools, aide programs, health care, ect....
They desperately need us to keep smoking... You know, for the children..

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
As long as we keep in-fighting over cloud size and ridiculous things like that we will loose the good fight.
Vapers ignore the real reason behind restrictions.
The states sold our souls for a piece of BTs profits, paid through court settlements.... They then issued and sold bonds based on future payments.
The states cannot afford to allow vaping which cuts into those profits/payments.
Our politician's greed created a situation where state programs are funded by tobacco taxes.
Cig taxes fund schools, aide programs, health care, ect....
They desperately need us to keep smoking... You know, for the children..
shall I be so bold as to say it only takes a nitty voice here and there to create havoc in any group so a s... disturber planted or otherwise shouts cloud smokers are looser another shouts tootle puffers are losers - you get the picture in nursing they call it staff splitting I suspect in war they call it divide and conquer - one of the oldest tricks in the book in my opinion and a good trick it is because it works

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
shall I be so bold as to say it only takes a nitty voice here and there to create havoc in any group so a s... disturber planted or otherwise shouts cloud smokers are looser another shouts tootle puffers are losers - you get the picture in nursing they call it staff splitting I suspect in war they call it divide and conquer - one of the oldest tricks in the book in my opinion and a good trick it is because it works

Correct. Divide and conquer.
Look at how racism is played:
Small minded Purple chickens fighting with small minded green chickens over feather color while the foxes raid the henhouse blind.
Proven tactic. Seems to work like a charm.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Correct. Divide and conquer.
Look at how racism is played:
Small minded Purple chickens fighting with small minded green chickens over feather color while the foxes raid the henhouse blind.
Proven tactic. Seems to work like a charm.
all down through history and in all walks of life across numerous cultures and sadly we keep falling for it over and over again in its myriad forms I know I myself am guilty until I really try to stop and listen

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I don't think they will ban vaping outright in the USA but you can bet they will figure out a way to profit from it and regulations are what it takes to do that. when that day comes I will quit.

They know they can't outright ban it, but what they are doing is putting enough doubt into people's minds as to the safety of it, that they can then regulated it out of existence without too much hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread