Is this an M201?

Discussion in 'M-201 *Penstyle*' started by Papa Lazarou, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Papa Lazarou

Papa Lazarou Ultra Member ECF Veteran

2. Fedor

Fedor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Its most likely not an M201. The shape of the cart (mouth end) and the packaging of the carts are totally different.

The M401 lookalikes are M401 lookalikes. Someone posted the link a while back (the thread starter deleted it). If you look at the charger pictures, it states a different model and Smoore does not produce that type of graphics on an ecig. Some have described those as a cheap Health rebranded ecig, which i cannot confirm. The Health brand is both notoriosly cheap and bad in quality.

3. xMarlboroMan

xMarlboroMan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Too funny, I was just looking at this. I'm not sure what it is, but I can say for sure that (by going by the mouth piece alone) it is not an RN-4072 or a Joye302. But then again, I can't seem to find any pictures that match that mouth piece, DSE801, KR108, M201.. they are all different than this one. If I had to venture a guess, I would say DSE801.

I would order one, but I am waiting on my previous order from them to arrive that I ordered over a month ago. (It was finally shipped Feb 25th).

L8r, x

4. xMarlboroMan

5. Fedor

Fedor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What makes you say that? The ebay guy is selling his M201 at $46.55.

The cart packaging and mouth piece are also different from that of dealextreme and it also has an Smoore logo on it.

Maybe i'm missing something.

6. Faethe

Faethe Super Member ECF Veteran

7. xMarlboroMan

Ya, I realize the mouth piece is different, however, I have yet to see any other ecig with that mouth piece either. I was merely going off the pictures of the packaging and close ups of the atomizer and battery.

There is no way to tell for sure what model it is unless someone gets one, but now they are "sold out" on dealextreme, so we may never know.

8. jigtg

jigtg Super Member ECF Veteran

That e-cig has been sold out for at least 6 months. It is not standard pen style but some frankenstein mod.
    The m401 lookalikes are the real thing.
    I have some doubts m201 atomizer being better than the generics since they were so good already but the battery ought to be better.

9. Closet Toker

Closet Toker Super Member ECF Veteran

I purchased an M-201 from absolutlyecigs.
    What a piece of junk.
    One battery went bad after 4 days. I can't always get a consistant hit from the thing. The one working battery is having problems also. One moment it works fine, the next time it won't turn on. Seems to be a battery to atomizer connection?
    Easy to overfill, liquid leaks out... messy.
    The drawn is very hard, like sucking a thick milk shake through a straw.
    I have found this model to be un-realiable. I do not recomend.

10. vaportiger

vaportiger Full Member ECF Veteran

It looks like the 801 I bought from gifts from heaven. I bought an 801 and 901. the 901 is good but the 801 sucks. very little vapor rom the 801.

11. jigtg

Sounds like you might of gotten a bad unit. They come with 1 year guarantee BTW.

12. jigtg

801 atomizers require quite alot of abusing until they wake up. What I sometimes do is to hook it to a li-ion cell and take couple drags like that. After that they work fine. Thicker types of liquids might not so well with these though.

13. Smokingfreely

Smokingfreely Senior Member ECF Veteran

I saw that same picture last on the Transunion Page, but everywhere else on the site, they showed the standard carts. I'm guessing it's an old style.

14. imsewsure

imsewsure Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have one that I also purchased from absolutelyecigs and I love it. I've only had it about a month, though, so I may be cussing it next week but up to this point, all of my original batteries and atomizers are still going strong.

I do agree that the liquid seems to leak out easily, drips down the side of the cartridge but I just wipe it off when I top off my carts. Guess I assumed all PVs did that. I also thought, maybe, it was cheaper liquids (more watered down).

15. imsewsure

LOL...I recently did a Ruyan order and decided to get another battery for my M201. The only pen-style batteries they had, though, were for the 801 so I got one because it looked the same. I was wrong, unfortunately. It's kind of funny because it works somewhat, but that "sucking a thick milk shake through a straw" feeling is happening. I compared the two and noticed that there are no holes in the 801 battery for air to flow.

16. imsewsure

LOL...I also bought a 801 passthrough and, thankfully, it DOES work with my m201.

17. vaporhead

vaporhead Guest

I have 4 201's from absolutely ecigs and all have worked great for the month that I have had them....except the one I just received (ordered 3 month ago and just ordered a 4th). The one I just received has 2 defective batteries. They don't hold a charge very well and they both just stop responding periodically. They'll "wake back up" after a few minutes of not using them but all the other batteries I haev don't have this issue. I've emailed them and they said I could either send it back for repair at my expense or they would replace them at no charge with my next order. Fair enough for me I guess since I have other batteries to use but if those were the only batteries I had I would be pretty upset about it.

I haevn't had any problems from any of the products purchased from absolutely ecigs except these 2 batteries....I have bought 4 201's and 4 401's. The reason I have so many of each is because my wife and I use them constantly and wanted to make sure we had enough batteries and chargers around, along with a few spare atty's.

The cart leaking issue with the 201 is just part of it I guess. I just wipe off the excess when I top off as well. It seems to happen more with thinner liquids, and is worse right after you have been using it as the liquid gets thinner when you heat it up alot.

I have only tried the 201 and 401 styles of ecigs so far but am pretty much sold on the 201. Plenty of vapor and seams to be reliable...so far anyway.

18. seadooman

seadooman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Whats the bottom line here? Is the M201 worth it or should I order the DSE 801? I don't mind juice leaking down the side of the cart,which always happens on my e-cigars,but never have had a e=cigar leak juice to the point where it gets past the mouth piece and into my mouth.The carts look similar and would not think its possible. Does this happen or not?
    Which one has the easiest draw?

19. seadooman

seadooman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Closet Toker
    Which pen style do you recommend?

20. stevo_tdo

stevo_tdo Super Member ECF Veteran

The m201 is worth it in my opinion

: litecigusa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.