• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is this board dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Just at a guess...

There's a forum software parameter that auto-locks threads which haven't been posted to in a set amount of time... like say 120 days.

ECF has decided to leave that parameter switched on.
I don't care for it myself, though I accept there are both pros and cons to either position.
I've seen twelve year old (dead) threads "necro'd" and it can be annoying.
Then again... a few months is rather too short IMO.

It might be possible to "revive" a thread by reporting the OP and asking it to be reopened. I stress the "might".

Or start a new thread and hope the original posters see it and are still interested.

I like the first idea better TBH, it would/should alert the participants. ;)

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks Jim From what I have seen of the locked threads and their paricipants I have been able to pm them and they told me of alternative forums where they are active now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well... drag their butts back. :p

Not everyone agrees on how a board should be moderated, and I wouldn't like this one to be my only vape forum... but it's a valuable addition to the online vape world and a valued source of information.

You just have to behave yourself a little more strictly while here (hell... if I can do it ;) ).

And considering how volatile the vape market, and various national laws, are in the Pacific and Asian areas... you and your fellow Aussies can help others there with purchase and vendor decisions (I guess we can let the Kiwis in too... I guess. :p ).

Reactions: Acer50

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Maybe a pm to an admin could help?

"Is this board dead?"

No...it just smells funny!
icon_lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread