Is this normal behavior from myfreedomsmokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilchild

Feb 11, 2012
United States
I placed order Saturday night. Check order status and as of 6:30pm EST it is still waiting to be shipped. WTH? E-mailed and no response back yet.
Also was browsing the negative shop reviews and see allot of company's that have negative reviews. Is there a default company that everyone here on the forum loves with fast shipping and great customer service.
Not liking these one man ran online shops. Does not seem the safest way to go.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've ordered many times from myfreedomsmokes and they're always spot on. I just placed an order yesterday for some nic juice and heard back immediately. They have a 30% off nic juice sale (30nic) going on, so maybe they're swamped. The last order I made (less than a month ago) was here in about 3 days.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I placed order Saturday night. Check order status and as of 6:30pm EST it is still waiting to be shipped. WTH? E-mailed and no response back yet.
Also was browsing the negative shop reviews and see allot of company's that have negative reviews. Is there a default company that everyone here on the forum loves with fast shipping and great customer service.
Not liking these one man ran online shops. Does not seem the safest way to go.

Hi & Welcome to ECF! I don't recall ordering from that company but if I did & had problems I'd remember it. Anyway *most* of the suppliers I've ordered e-cig supplies from are indeed one- or two-person operations and frankly I like it that way. From my experience they are more personally committed & responsive to keeping customers informed, satisfied, and coming back for more. There's also something less tangible involved I won't try to go into here, but stick around and give a few of them a try... I'm pretty sure you'll know what I'm talking about when you encounter it.

Hope you get more feedback from some of the more seasoned vets on this... you've raised an interesting point. Happy Vaping! :vapor:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I have done business with several one-man vaping shops. Keep in mind that these people need time off like anyone else and weekends may not be business days for them.

I have no problems at all with orders shipping within one or two business days or even three days following legal holiday weekends.

Hoosier does very well in my book and gets my business for hardware (cartos, accessories, etc.). I suspect Vapor for Life (V4L) is not a one-man show but I like them for the e-liquids.

Nothing beats making online purchases well before you run out of supplies. I learned that while restoring and maintaining a vintage wooden boat.

devilchild

Feb 11, 2012
United States
Well just got a shipping update e-mail which is good but do not like this. Still have not had e-mail back from customer service. My fist week vaping, kit I ordered was for mom. I have people lining up left and right asking me about it. They know me and how much I use to smoke and have been off analogs for a week now. She is already wanting for me to order more for family members. None family members are asking where to go and what to buy. Thought sense myfreedomsmokes was based in NC and I am in Atlanta it would be a slam bam thank you mam. Guess not. Just dont want to turn loved ones onto this and have them jumping threw hoops to get gear n juice.
Thanks for any info on other places. Think I am going to tell everyone to stick with analogs for now.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Ordered Saturday and just got shipping update e-mail on first business day?
and posting complaints in the forum already.

These shops are not like Amazon.com.

When you get a little further along, and a battery dies, or you run out of cartridges, or a charger dies and you have to wait hours and hours for the mail to arrive, the stress will drive you back to smoking.

In order for this substitute for smoking to be effective you will have to chill just a tad.

I believe in vaping. I'm telling everyone I know to give up the analogs.

Hope vaping actually works for you in the long run.

Rocketman

(you may now reply and call me anything you want :))

devilchild

Feb 11, 2012
United States
That is why I was asking about other none one man shops. I never said I was the most patient person either. Hence my questions. I have ordered stuff online before, on a Saturday night. By noon Monday I usually have tracking numbers and confirmation e-mails. Never said It was wrong, just asked if it was normal behavior and stated that I am not happy/ lil worried cuess a business I have never dealt with had not shipped my product by closing of that business day.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I understand. I've been vaping for a while and still get antsy waiting for a shipment :)
I believe MFS uses a commercial pack and ship outfit. Updates for shipment usually are posted at the end of the day. Getting a tracking number from a business isn't necessarily a real indication of shipment. And Chris isn't running this by himself.

Hopefully this will work out well. You can order a lot of stuff, but when it comes to waiting on e-cig supplies nothing seems to be as important. Try to get a little ahead on extra batteries, have a share charger, extra this and extra that.
Never put yourself in a 'single point failure' situation. Scan the forum and see how many "my last battery died" posts you can find. You can just feel the pain.

I've ordered many times over the past 3 years from MFS (love the sales). They are one of a few 'go to shops' for me.

Best of luck, and congrats on being the vaping focal point for your friends and family.

Rocket

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It's quite normal to not receive any follow-up on a weekend online order until the following Monday or even Tuesday, at even some of the larger shops, as even larger vendors take weekends off. It's a fair question, this is an honest answer. MFS is a solid vendor, I have no problem recommending them, have purchased DIY nic base from them multiple times, good turnaround time.

Don't get too worried about using vendors even on the West coast. For instance I've had excellent turnaround on kits from liberty-flights, which classically has some of the best pricing on Riva 510 kits. Several fo their kits run $30 after using their october20 discount code, their shipping is cheap. delivery fast.

devilchild

Feb 11, 2012
United States
Yes sir. Like I posted ealrer but guess I did not make clear, my apologies. I did get conformation e-mail with tracking number (although does not work ATM). This post is in no way trying to flame a company. I am just trying to figure out if this is normal behavior from MFS and vendors in general. Also trying to figure out what is the best shop IE customer serves shipping what not. Price is important but others are too.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
A lot of these small vendors take orders on the weekend and then work their behind off on Monday catching up...

Some have gone to only taking orders during banking hours (9 - 5) and that is the ones I am having problems with. I cannot always order when they are open for orders. The ones that take orders on the weekend and catchup on Monday I have patience with and try to understand - as long as I get my order. I am not sure with MyFreedomSmokes. My last order from them was on a Sunday night and got my shipping email Monday afternoon. Good enough for me. If I order on a weekend I wait until Tuesday morning at least before I break a sweat... I have only had to use a follow up email once and that was because the sale was to good and they were working their behinds off to fill all the orders... I understood and apologized for my impatience...

devilchild

Feb 11, 2012
United States
Also why I don't want to mess with one man shop. How the heck am I suppose to know that. If was company, someone there to fill orders. Not sitting in limbo until they get back? See this is what I don't like and has me sketched out. What if this was the case this time. I am bad for asking what is up with order? But the guy could of been on vacation for all we know?
Thanks for the tip on V4life going to check out company see what there all about. Is there any other larger scale shops out there anyone can recommended that don't go on vacation and or have people to fill orders if they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread