Is This Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Today I received my GCD via USPS that I ordered earlier in the week. I received 2 60ml bottles, and 1 30ml bottle.

The 2 60ml bottles have a "born on" date of Feb '15, and the 30ml bottle has a "born on" date of Dec '14.

I understand that of course most juice does get better with a deep steep, but receiving bottles that are already 14 months old, and 1 that is almost a year and a half old surprised me.

Is it normal for Nicoticket to send customers juice that was first mixed that long ago?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Probably also worth noting, correct me if I'm wrong Kent, but since NT started using glass bottles, the steeping process doesn't progress much at all now until the factory seal is broken.

The amber brown glass bottles were a god send. I have bottles that are 2 years old and they are as fresh as the day we bottled them.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Born On Date - Life of the eLiquid

Here is a more detailed explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't the 2 year expiration be so that if the customer does not use the juice right away (or decides to stock up, especially when it's on sale) it shouldn't be an issue, versus the vendor sitting on the juice for the majority of that 2 year expiration time.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
  • Deleted by Katia
  • Reason: Contradiction to original communication

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Wouldn't the 2 year expiration be so that if the customer does not use the juice right away (or decides to stock up, especially when it's on sale) it shouldn't be an issue, versus the vendor sitting on the juice for the majority of that 2 year expiration time.

Yes, it is good for one year from the date it is opened

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
  • Deleted by Katia
  • Reason: Contradiction to original communication

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
No need to respond, as you just lost a good customer.

I'm really sorry that we lost you @LMS62. :( We DO believe, with every fiber of our being, that the liquid you hold is still perfect to vape despite it's age. The liquid's steeping process is pretty much halted once it is bottled in the amber brown bottles. I encourage you to try the liquid that you have. I am confident that you will find that it is every bit as good as liquid with newer dates.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I'm really sorry that we lost you @LMS62. :( We DO believe, with every fiber of our being, that the liquid you hold is still perfect to vape despite it's age. The liquid's steeping process is pretty much halted once it is bottled in the amber brown bottles. I encourage you to try the liquid that you have. I am confident that you will find that it is every bit as good as liquid with newer dates.
If your sending out 14 month old juice I suspect a lot of people aren't going to be comfortable with that. Plus who responded with the " Have you tried it yet? BOOM" Remark? Is that person affiliated with your company? Thanks- David

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
If your sending out 14 month old juice I suspect a lot of people aren't going to be comfortable with that. Plus who responded with the " Have you tried it yet? BOOM" Remark? Is that person affiliated with your company? Thanks- David

David, those that have been vaping our liquid awhile - understand the life of the liquid. We feel that it is in our best interest and the best interest of those that vape - that we educate our customers on how long our liquid is good for. For years, the norm was 12 months or less and the juice goes bad. To be fair, that was back when: LDPE bottles were predominately used, liquid was not created in clean rooms, liquid was not housed in temperature controlled environments, etc. The industry has changed since the informal standard of "one year expiration" was set. Our liquid is bottled in a clean room, it is temperature controlled at every point, AND it is housed in glass brown amber bottles that prevent light or air from aging the liquid.

To be honest, I'm glad this thread was started. It gives us the opportunity to start a dialogue with our customers.

Last edited:

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not going to try and change the OP's mind, BUT...

I have e-liquids from Nicoticket that are 1+ years old. I have stored these in a cool, dry place when I got them. They vape great, for me. I wanted to actually test, when I first started buying e-liquid from Nicoticket, how long they could hold up if I had them steeping for that long, deliberately. I just finished my last bottle of Frenilla (last ordered in Dec. 2014), and I have about two liquids they no longer sell (Mah Peeps, which is my "vape while I binge-watch Jessica Jones/Daredevil on Netflix), and one last bottle of Hummingbird (which I plan to stealth vape next month when I go to see Captain America: Civil War). I have had e-liquids from other companies that don't steep well at all over a long period of time, but I do find that Nicoticket's e-liquids do exactly that. I'm not saying that the liquids will taste the same as if you were vaping a fresh batch of just made juice (I have found that no one's liquids do that), but for me, in most instances with their juices, I enjoy them a little better after a long (for me, a REALLY long) steep.

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
I'm not going to try and change the OP's mind, BUT...

I have e-liquids from Nicoticket that are 1+ years old. I have stored these in a cool, dry place when I got them. They vape great, for me. I wanted to actually test, when I first started buying e-liquid from Nicoticket, how long they could hold up if I had them steeping for that long, deliberately. I just finished my last bottle of Frenilla (last ordered in Dec. 2014), and I have about two liquids they no longer sell (Mah Peeps, which is my "vape while I binge-watch Jessica Jones/Daredevil on Netflix), and one last bottle of Hummingbird (which I plan to stealth vape next month when I go to see Captain America: Civil War). I have had e-liquids from other companies that don't steep well at all over a long period of time, but I do find that Nicoticket's e-liquids do exactly that. I'm not saying that the liquids will taste the same as if you were vaping a fresh batch of just made juice (I have found that no one's liquids do that), but for me, in most instances with their juices, I enjoy them a little better after a long (for me, a REALLY long) steep.

Thank you for sharing your experience @jdrewry! And I am sure those bottles that you have were in our original LDPE's as well! The liquid keeps even longer in the new bottles.

Btw - I am SO EXCITED that they renewed Jessica Jones for a 2nd season! I just started Daredevil's second season last week. I like that they are both more gritty than the movies. Don't get me wrong - I love the movies - I just enjoy the darker side of Marvel.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I do remember a discussion on these forums about deep steeping, and that a lot of e-juices got really, really good after a prolonged amount of time. We talked about Frenilla and the Virus getting so good, and that the Bakery flavors not dropping off. I know I've been sitting on a bottle of Radioactive that I'll open up Memorial Day weekend...:thumb:

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
Nice try @jdrewry! Lol! I don't think Root Beer Float will be back. It's one of the "one and done" kind of flavors.

AH! I need to watch Daredevil this weekend. I've just watched the first episode of season 2.

What other flavors were you hoping we'd bring back (please don't say Refresh)?

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Nice try @jdrewry! Lol! I don't think Root Beer Float will be back. It's one of the "one and done" kind of flavors.

AH! I need to watch Daredevil this weekend. I've just watched the first episode of season 2.

What other flavors were you hoping we'd bring back (please don't say Refresh)?

No requests; just looking forward to what comes out next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread