Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
So I noticed today my 510 connection doesn't look properly made. I noticed cause my reomizer isn't exactly sitting leveled. I was admiring the beauty and saw a lip then looked on the inside

a9u3yta2.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Tim, it looks funny to me, too. It looks like the connector part (all the metal looking area) is sunk in too far. On all of my REOs, the SS rim of that part sticks above the colored aluminum a tiny bit...maybe 1 mm. It's not flush with the colored aluminum like yours appears to be.

I don't know if it will hurt anything or not....but after checking all my REOs, that's what looks different. It could be some new connector Rob is using?? I'd PM redeyedancer and simply ask him. Or....he'll see your picture the next time he pops on the forum and I'm sure he'll have an answer.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
It's brand new from Rob's site.....I'm pretty sure. I went back and checked and I think he ordered it straight from Reosmods. Gil, doesn't it look like it's been pushed down in too far? If he got it from classifieds, I'd say someone pounded it in......

Yeah it does look a little deformed but I have no metal REOs to compare. Looking at my woods and they don't have that crimped look.....and does it matter if its working with no issues.:unsure:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well....he says the RM2 sits a little wonky.....and it's more than the center pin that I'm talking about. The whole connection piece is pushed down into the body too far. Take your atty off and you can feel the rim of the connector. In fact, on all of mine (both woodvils and metals) I can definitely feel the rim of the connector stick up, and it actually collects gunk (dried juice) and I have to clean around it with a q-tip. With his, the whole round connection piece is pushed down below the edge of the aluminum hole it sits in. Am I seeing things? All of mine have a tiny lip.....none of them is flush with the aluminum of the body.

It's hard to tell with a picture....even a great close-up.....because it could be an optical illusion of sorts. It looks one way to me. I wish I could FEEL of it....or I wish Tim would come talk to us......

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Okay. For one thing.....I think I'm talking to myself....LOL. For another thing, after checking mine out, I don't think that what I think I'm seeing is really what I'm seeing. I don't even think the connector will GO in without the lip hanging on the hole made for it to sit in. So....Tim, are you talking about the center pin being slightly marred? Does it affect the vape? Your atty just has to make contact with that.....maybe don't screw the atty in too tightly. :confused::confused::confused:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yep, the whole 510 is sitting low, too, Jan.

THAT's what I was thinking. But then, it's so hard to tell with pictures. It could just seem like that. Because those four things that LOOK like flaps are really indentions in the 510 connection.....so I think maybe it's just an optical illusion....ya know? It's hard to explain. I just want to get hold of it and TOUCH it and SEE what's going on. It's hard to tell where the 510 ends and the body of the mod begins....

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jan. . . . . . you need to refocus here. Don't get obsessed. Maybe relieve some tension . . . .. you need to go buy one of them Greenies (REOs), like, right now! That should fix it! ;)

I KNOW! I'm trying NOT to think about the GREENIES.....that's why I'm digging around here in these threads trying to keep my mind (and my fingers) occupied so I won't BUY NOW on the Greenie!!!! I MUST resist!!! I even put some green stickers on my all-white VV Grand thinking that might help.....but NOOOOOOoooooooo!!! I think it's making it worse. :lol:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
May not be enough. I think buy one now then wait 4 hour and buy another.

Gil's right.....I think I need one each of BOTH shades of green. I think the Emerald Green would look cool with a Tropical Green door....and visa versa....so I think I need one of each. But then, I'd really like to have one Green Grand and one Green 2.1, sooo.....in order to mix and match, I'd need an Emerald Green Grand, a Tropical Green Grand, an Emerald Green 2.1, and a Tropical Green 2.1....but I keep thinking that for weeks now I've been wanting a Black Wrinkle/Copper Vein, so do I get that too? Or do I get a black wrinkle Grand and a Copper Vein Grand so I can mix n match? Or do I get a Black Wrinkle 2.1 and a Copper vein 2.1 so I can mix n match.....or do I get one of each? Should I raid my Credit Union Savings account or should I just cut back on food for a couple of weeks? Should I get a second mortgage on the house or should I just get an equity loan? Maybe a Title Loan on the car (it's paid for.) You see the problem?????

I'd rather try to solve Tim's 510 connection problem.....it's easier..... :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread