Is this setup safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzEdMan

Feb 8, 2016
I've been watching videos recently about how sh*t blows up. I just want to make sure what I got.. doesn't burn my face off?? Haha. I'm pushing a cuboid /w the 200w update. 2 LGDBHE41865's and I have 2 imren 18650's 2500mah. 3.7v. Blah blah blah... the tank I'm running is the TFV4. And I switch between the quad and the triple. Both run between .23 and .28 ohms. I don't use the rda (it's pretty terrible) and I have a titanium temp control (I forget how many ohms, but i think its kinda high) that I throw on sometimes when I'm getting low on the liquids.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Part of using a regulated mod is helping protect you from getting your face blown off. That's really the realm of mech mods, almost always caused by user error. Not likely to happen with your Cuboid.

As far as the batteries go, you should be good up into the 80W range with the LG HE4's; same should apply to the Imren's if they're the purple wraps.

Reactions: KayP

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I'm not a big fan of the Imren batteries, but in the HE4s the Cuboid ought to be OK out to the 80-100 watt range. If you want to go higher, get some Sony VTC4s. On a regulated mod the coil resistance is not important so long as it falls within the values the mod will recognize and fire. What counts is set watts and battery voltage at the current charge state. Those LGs are solid 20A cells (assuming they are not old or damaged or deteriorated). Stay under 100 watts on them-- 80 for maximum safety-- and you are unlikely to blow your face off. Welcome to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread