Is this true? High VG juice burns better with higher watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I ask because as of the last week I've been vaping a lot, and notice a bit of heaviness in my chest. My ADV's are 70VG. Had a visit today at a madvapes store and asked for higher PG juices since my chest has been feeling a bit heavy and he asked how I vaped and I said MTL at about 15 watts. He suggested that VG at higher percentages burns better at higher wattages and since I vape so low that that could be the problem as to why I was feeling such a heaviness. That seemed to make sense to me, any truth to that?

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Well Bonski, first off, if that vapeshop person had used the word burns to me I would've immediately gone deaf to anything that followed.
That said, I will add that I've read similar statements in here. The one that sticks in my mind the most is...... At low power your just boiling the juice, not vaporizing. HUH????? The stuff comin outta my drip tip sure does appear to be vapor to me???
I don't take too much of what I read in here as gospel. Remember the Zmax? I hope you find an answer that solves your problem but I seriously doubt Tootle Puffing is the cause? People have been doing that from the start with even less power available than your using. Wouldn't heavy chest have been rampant 'back in the day'? Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Hope you find an answer that fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Well Bonski, first off, if that vapeshop person had used the word burns to me I would've immediately gone deaf to anything that followed.
That said, I will add that I've read similar statements in here. The one that sticks in my mind the most is...... At low power your just boiling the juice, not vaporizing. HUH????? The stuff comin outta my drip tip sure does appear to be vapor to me???
I don't take too much of what I read in here as gospel. Remember the Zmax? I hope you find an answer that solves your problem but I seriously doubt Tootle Puffing is the cause? People have been doing that from the start with even less power available than your using. Wouldn't heavy chest have been rampant 'back in the day'? Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Hope you find an answer that fixes the problem.
Good point. I think my problem was vaping way to much the past couple of weeks that started to bother me. I am usually about 3mls. per day and I was exceeding well over 6 or 7 which is just to much for me.

Reactions: Foggy Road

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I happen to like my coils between .5 to 1 ohms. (The part you didn't mention). That's about 14 to 20 watts, direct lung hits with 70% vg. No problems here. Yes, I did have to get use to it at 1st.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I happen to like my coils between .5 to 1 ohms. (The part you didn't mention). That's about 14 to 20 watts, direct lung hits with 70% vg. No problems here. Yes, I did have to get use to it at 1st.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
I usually use anywhere from 1.2 to 1.8 ohm coils. I figured I just vaped to much than what I was used to without a gradual increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread