• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is vaping a male-dominated activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
hot-asian-girl52.jpg
In the local context, I've only ever heard of two women who vape. Do we have a drastic shortage of the fairer sex? Or are there just fewer female smokers looking to switch? Anyone have any ideas?

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I sure don't think you can say that. Maybe where you are it is but sure not that way in the US. Many Women/ladies vape and get into to it just like the guys.
Several of my female friends vape and know there stuff about gear, coils. But my Female friends are some Fine looking Gear Heads also. They know the inside and out of their VW's as well.

As stated by others maybe not as many Females on the Hobby side of it, but then I'm with them in not feeling like I'm missing anything.

Last edited:

crazyhendrix

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2016
Singapore
I think the hobby aspect is male dominated. Probably the bf or husband does the rebuilding. But ive introduced a girl friend to vaping.

Said friend used to chain smoke like a pack at my house. Now, she's off the sticks. Can't rebuild to save her life though.

Turned another girl friend to vaping too. She's dual using, but she's learned to rewick after a few demo.

I think girls in general just wants things to just work... The hobby aspect is too nerdy for them.

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
Speaking as a female who knows several other females who vape it has seemed more even to me. Though it could be dependent on the area or the fact that I tend to frequent weird places and hang out with an off beat crowd.

I will say in general of the people I know who vape most of the men seem to like to with tinker or change their setups. While a majority of the women prefer simple or easy setup, even those who rebuild seem to lean towards more simple.

That's not to say all in either case I have a female friend who seems to buy a new tank or mod every week and a male friend who still prefers an ego twist and nautilus mini and refuses to look into re building. Just seems to be the general trend I've noticed between sexes. Also many, like me, fall somewhere between in both cases.

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
I think the hobby aspect is male dominated. Probably the bf or husband does the rebuilding. But ive introduced a girl friend to vaping.

Said friend used to chain smoke like a pack at my house. Now, she's off the sticks. Can't rebuild to save her life though.

Turned another girl friend to vaping too. She's dual using, but she's learned to rewick after a few demo.

I think girls in general just wants things to just work... The hobby aspect is too nerdy for them.
i agree with @crazyhendrix. my gf started with an istick and nautilus mini. gave it up after the tank broke. now on subtank mini and mini volt. i have to refill juice for her, rebuild for her etc etc. she just wants it to work. everything else i have to do for her cos she finds it ley chey. :/

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Now this was an interesting thread, I'm a woman, my two closest friends are women. We all use mechs, build our own coils and make our own juice.
Once the three of us were on vacation togeather and stopped at a vape shop. My one friend was looking for a Penny mod. The guy at the counter kinda laughed when we told him what we were looking for. He actually said, "When I saw you ladies come in I figured you were looking for a starter kit." Just a little more info, we're all also what would be considered "older"
Stereotypes :-x

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
i agree with @crazyhendrix. my gf started with an istick and nautilus mini. gave it up after the tank broke. now on subtank mini and mini volt. i have to refill juice for her, rebuild for her etc etc. she just wants it to work. everything else i have to do for her cos she finds it ley chey. :/
I got a brother of mine started vaping 18 months ago on an iStick 20 and N mini and he won't consider anything else. I need for him stock up and he resists. I did strong arm him into giving me the cash to buy his nic and store it so that's covered but now I'd like him to get some mods and rebuildable atomizers. I'm getting no where with that. May be there's a way to rebuild those n mini coil heads but they are small.

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
My wife doesn't vape but when I'm rebuilding my coils or re-wicking, she gives me this look like I'm a gnome tinkering with my "inventions".
ditto. the look she gives me every time i get a new toy/tank/juice. same look i give her when she buys new shoes and handbags. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread