• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is vaping a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
This is probably not going to be a very "popular" post, but "sin" is what someone else does. Christians realize that they are sinners, but their sins aren't as bad as those of someone else. Non-Christians see themselves (in general) as "holy" because they follow guidelines set forth by their religion. Heck, even atheists will accuse Christians of sinning because they do something that they (the atheist) wouldn't do. Case in point, the OP in that thread could say that smoking and vaping were sins because that was something that she didn't do. However, when caffeine and gossiping were brought up, she got defensive because THAT was something that she was guilty of. It's human nature. Humans like to be judgmental--even those who say that they aren't.

"Judge" mental.... get it? All of us, by degree, are judges. It's hard wired from Birth... ;)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I'm glad for you NG!! :thumbs::thumbs::banana::banana: That gives me hope, too!

I'm hopeless.. I love nicotine and can't live with the horrid depression when I can't have it.
I 'need' deliverance AND healing in this area to be free from the Nicotine.

Gave up cigs 3 years before I discovered the ecig... it was the 'hardest' but 'best' thing I ever did. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I'm hopeless.. I love nicotine and can't live with the horrid depression when I can't have it.
I 'need' deliverance AND healing in this area to be free from the Nicotine.

Gave up cigs 3 years before I discovered the eCig... it was the 'hardest' but 'best' thing I ever did. :)

E, I'm not trying to single you out.....but why did you pick up the e-cig after being off the stuff for 3 years? Was it the depression? If it was, I don't blame you.

I've gotten to where I don't feel so deprived from not smoking cigarettes. Since I have a low energy level from chronic fatigue, I upped my nicotine to just help me do a few things a day. Going from the bed to the couch, to the bathroom then back to bed isn't much accomplishment, day after day, especially since I do all of the paperwork for my husband's business. I don't know what I would do without my medication. Also found out I have a low vitamin D level.....normal is 35 - 40 and mine was 4. My doc is working on that and I am feeling some better. He asked me how I had the energy to do anything! I just laughed at him! I'm one of his favorite patients, he said to me. He does give me sweet 'I hope you will do better,' hugs and he really is such a nice Christian man. He's cool. I see him on Monday for another vitamin check.

Back to the op. I felt, for just me alone, that smoking cigarettes was a sin as I was openly being a terrible witness for Jesus. I just can't picture Jesus with a cigarette. He is our example. I'm looking at vaping as a step down program. The Lord knew how to get me off of tobacco. Now I can see Him eating a hamburger and even some french fries......maybe a pork BBQ sandwich. My daddy ate pork....smoked only. He would make the best 'Jewish hams'....yum! When people would ask him about why he was cooking and eating pork since he was Jewish, he'd tell them, "It's a kosher ham. I got the rabbi to circumcise it." What a card he is! Jesus knows how he is as He created him, and I can imagine the Lord going, "Yeah, Jack. I know that story!":D

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
E, I'm not trying to single you out.....but why did you pick up the e-cig after being off the stuff for 3 years? Was it the depression? Yes L.. it was the depression... never felt anything like it before in my Life. Figured it was due to quitting smoking but there was 'no way' I was gonna smoke again! Heard of the eCig and tried it... depression lifted immediately! :laugh: If it was, I don't blame you.

I've gotten to where I don't feel so deprived from not smoking cigarettes. Since I have a low energy level from chronic fatigue, I upped my nicotine to just help me do a few things a day. I have to vape 24mg nicotine or I'd vape continuously! :laugh: Going from the bed to the couch, to the bathroom then back to bed isn't much accomplishment, day after day, especially since I do all of the paperwork for my husband's business. I don't know what I would do without my medication. Also found out I have a low vitamin D level.....normal is 35 - 40 and mine was 4. My doc is working on that and I am feeling some better. He asked me how I had the energy to do anything! I just laughed at him! I'm one of his favorite patients, he said to me. He does give me sweet 'I hope you will do better,' hugs and he really is such a nice Christian man. He's cool. He sounds wonderful... I see him on Monday for another vitamin check.

Back to the op. I felt, for just me alone, that smoking cigarettes was a sin as I was openly being a terrible witness for Jesus. I just can't picture Jesus with a cigarette. He is our example. I'm looking at vaping as a step down program. The Lord knew how to get me off of tobacco. Now I can see Him eating a hamburger and even some french fries......maybe a pork BBQ sandwich. My daddy ate pork....smoked only. He would make the best 'Jewish hams'....yum! When people would ask him about why he was cooking and eating pork since he was Jewish, he'd tell them, "It's a kosher ham. I got the rabbi to circumcise it." What a card he is! Jesus knows how he is as He created him, and I can imagine the Lord going, "Yeah, Jack. I know that story!":D

:lol: I wish I didn't 'need' the nicotine. I believe if I hadn't 'damaged' myself (seratonin & dopamine receptors in the brain) with 27 years of smoking I wouldn't require the nicotine at all ... :(

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Well, Jesus enjoyed good food and consumed wine. There was no way that the wine was grape juice. I don't buy that for a New York minute. Remember Jesus Himself said, "I think that you would classify me as a glutton and drunkard." (You can't get drunk on grape juice.) Translation mine. He was having a meal with the Pharisees. But Scripture never spoke of smoking anything, that I remember. I have no idea if there were pipes or cigars back then.....maybe pipes more than anything else. Does anyone know of a Scripture talking about tobacco? I don't, but then that doesn't mean anything. I'm all ears if you know of one. I did a search on Bible Gateway with no results, so maybe they didn't have that back then. If they did, I can't say that Jesus would/would not consume it. Campfires smoked...that's for sure! I honestly can't say, but have a good idea, that I would not have seen a cigarette hanging out of Jesus' mouth in the carpentry shop. One ash drop and POOF! Getting drunk was frowned upon. Eating too much......I know many preachers that do. I know many who don't.

Now I can see Jesus driving a Ford F-150, but not a Corvette. I would say that He could at least transport the the disciples in that. I'm sure He would have bought gas from the Arabs, though.:laugh: They probably would have overcharged Him, however.:)

This is why I take the stance on smoking like I do, but to each his own. :p

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Well, Jesus enjoyed good food and consumed wine. There was no way that the wine was grape juice. I don't buy that for a New York minute. Remember Jesus Himself said, "I think that you would classify me as a glutton and drunkard." (You can't get drunk on grape juice.) Translation mine. He was having a meal with the Pharisees. But Scripture never spoke of smoking anything, that I remember. I have no idea if there were pipes or cigars back then.....maybe pipes more than anything else. Does anyone know of a Scripture talking about tobacco? I don't, but then that doesn't mean anything. I'm all ears if you know of one. I did a search on Bible Gateway with no results, so maybe they didn't have that back then. If they did, I can't say that Jesus would/would not consume it. Campfires smoked...that's for sure! I honestly can't say, but have a good idea, that I would not have seen a cigarette hanging out of Jesus' mouth in the carpentry shop. One ash drop and POOF! Getting drunk was frowned upon. Eating too much......I know many preachers that do. I know many who don't.

Now I can see Jesus driving a Ford F-150, but not a Corvette. I would say that He could at least transport the the disciples in that. I'm sure He would have bought gas from the Arabs, though.:laugh: They probably would have overcharged Him, however.:)

This is why I take the stance on smoking like I do, but to each his own. :p

:lol: I love you L! Really! You bless me so much!!!! :lol:

Really? You didn't notice any difference when you switched over to nic free liquid? I've never tried the nic free stuff. Do you get any kind of throat hit from it at all? You've peaked my interest! :)

I tried to wean myself from 36mg down to 6mg, and really noticed I needed more nicotine, so at first I gave up and went back to 36mg. Later I got into DIY with all the flavors and all. My wife always coughed with PG, so I started using VG. There was an extreme difference in the amount of vapor it produced, and the vapor hangs in the air longer than PG. The downside is it had to be thinned, and water doesn't work well. For the 1st time in many years I went to a liquor store to buy some everclear. 151 proof is the max in our state unless you have a special permit. First I put flavors in the alcohol so the Lorann's mix better, then I mix it 4 parts VG to 1 part alcohol. To answer your question: alcohol provides a strong TH. Mixing 3 to 1 intensifies that.

I sat around puffing these giant clouds of vapor for a full 24 hrs before I realized I was so into the flavors & thick fog that I'd forgot to use nicotine! I tried to drip some ejuice w/ nicotine and got an instant headache behind one eye. Also, it tasted 'bitter', something I'd never noticed before. That's when I realized my body no longer craved nicotine. I'd read nicotine is flushed from the body rather quickly, but I was actually kinda' surprised that I didn't want the nic-juice and went back to my nic-free liquid. I just decided "Well, if I've kicked it, I might as well stay that way".

It's really cool, cuz' now I don't 'crave' vaping. I've went more than a day without vaping, no problem. I still enjoy the flavors, though, so I still vape. I mix menthol so strong you almost get a brain freeze from vaping it!! (No one else seems to appreciate that mix) Also, I'm really hoping to interest more smoker friends in vaping so they can quit too. I don't think I'll quit vaping yet, it's just nice to not have to do it. "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Co. 6:12

I really think this approach only worked because:
  • VG produces thick fog (if there's no PG), and the
  • Everclear intensifies TH & flavors
Good luck, if you decide to try it!:)

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I tried to wean myself from 36mg down to 6mg, and really noticed I needed more nicotine, so at first I gave up and went back to 36mg. Later I got into DIY with all the flavors and all. My wife always coughed with PG, so I started using VG. There was an extreme difference in the amount of vapor it produced, and the vapor hangs in the air longer than PG. The downside is it had to be thinned, and water doesn't work well. For the 1st time in many years I went to a liquor store to buy some everclear. 151 proof is the max in our state unless you have a special permit. First I put flavors in the alcohol so the Lorann's mix better, then I mix it 4 parts VG to 1 part alcohol. To answer your question: alcohol provides a strong TH. Mixing 3 to 1 intensifies that.

I sat around puffing these giant clouds of vapor for a full 24 hrs before I realized I was so into the flavors & thick fog that I'd forgot to use nicotine! I tried to drip some ejuice w/ nicotine and got an instant headache behind one eye. Also, it tasted 'bitter', something I'd never noticed before. That's when I realized my body no longer craved nicotine. I'd read nicotine is flushed from the body rather quickly, but I was actually kinda' surprised that I didn't want the nic-juice and went back to my nic-free liquid. I just decided "Well, if I've kicked it, I might as well stay that way".

It's really cool, cuz' now I don't 'crave' vaping. I've went more than a day without vaping, no problem. I still enjoy the flavors, though, so I still vape. I mix menthol so strong you almost get a brain freeze from vaping it!! (No one else seems to appreciate that mix) Also, I'm really hoping to interest more smoker friends in vaping so they can quit too. I don't think I'll quit vaping yet, it's just nice to not have to do it. "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Co. 6:12

I really think this approach only worked because:
  • VG produces thick fog (if there's no PG), and the
  • Everclear intensifies TH & flavors
Good luck, if you decide to try it!:)

Wow! How cool is this post?!!!!

I've been reading this Forum forever and never read this before!

I'm going to try this and I thank you NuGalicia!!!! :thumbs:

Is vaping a sin?? Here is my take.. (This may apply to most people but not all)

Regardless if it is vaping, coffee, or any other consumable product, services or goods, there are 3 things that come to mind when I think about whether or not it is a sin..

1. You can not serve 2 masters
2. Good stewardship
3. Conviction

Has vaping turned you into a vapaholic??

Do you spend more time vaping and researching the newest vaping gadget than you do with with your family or even with God?

How about time to read the word? You spend a quick 15 minutes on the word because your short on time but yet HOURS on the forum?

Do you step out of service for a quick vape? Do you get to service late because you need to get a quick vape before you walk into church? Do you find a corner somewhere inside the church to grab a vape when you should be listneing to the word?

Do you never have enough money to be a good steward and tithe the way your suppose to but yet always manage to find cash to buy new juices, batteries, carts etc?

You do have money to tithe and give to be a blessing to others but instead of tithing and giving, you stock up on a 3 month supply of vaping inventory?

We want God to continually bless us in all things. Many pray for financial prosperity. We need to be good stewards of what is rightfully God's. Are we showing him that we are doing a great job managing his money when more than half of our earnings goes to our vaping habit and not to the household bills, retirement savings, college funds etc?

So, is vaping a sin?? Are you feeling convicted?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

Regardless if it is vaping, coffee, or any other consumable product, services or goods, there are 3 things that come to mind when I think about whether or not it is a sin..

2. Good stewardship
3. Conviction

Do you spend more time vaping and researching the newest vaping gadget than you do with with your family or even with God?

How about time to read the word? You spend a quick 15 minutes on the word because your short on time but yet HOURS on the forum?

Do you step out of service for a quick vape? Do you get to service late because you need to get a quick vape before you walk into church? Do you find a corner somewhere inside the church to grab a vape when you should be listneing to the word?

Do you never have enough money to be a good steward and tithe the way your suppose to but yet always manage to find cash to buy new juices, batteries, carts etc?

You do have money to tithe and give to be a blessing to others but instead of tithing and giving, you stock up on a 3 month supply of vaping inventory?

We want God to continually bless us in all things. Many pray for financial prosperity. We need to be good stewards of what is rightfully God's. Are we showing him that we are doing a great job managing his money when more than half of our earnings goes to our vaping habit and not to the household bills, retirement savings, college funds etc?

a little? :oops:

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

2. Good stewardship
3. Conviction

I agree with you, Blue Knight.

1 Corinthians 10:31.So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Is someone bringing glory to God by their vaping habits?

I agree with you, Blue Knight.

1 Corinthians 10:31.So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Is someone bringing glory to God by their vaping habits?

Awwww Shoot...Don't get me started.

Amen, do it all for the Glory of God!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread