• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is vaping a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I agree with you, Blue Knight.

1 Corinthians 10:31.So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Is someone bringing glory to God by their vaping habits?

Actually the answer is YES! I know the grip of addiction to cigarettes was like, praying and crying out to God for help. I tried every kind of NRT replacement to no avail. One day I was listening to a Pastor who said if you have an addiction or an area in your life that you need to overcome, pray and ask God for creative ways to overcome them...and....I did! Two days later I heard about the electronic cigarette and started really researching them. I am now 3 months cigarette free and down to 6mg nicotine. I find myself craving them less and less, can sit through a service a lot easier than before. Am I perfected in all my ways with the electronic cigarette...absolutely not...but I know the mighty hand of God has led me thus far and will lead me all the way through with ZERO condemnation.

Because of my success with ecigs 2 other smokers have completely quit cigarettes AND vaping and are now nicotine addiction free.

So...therefore...I vape TO THE GLORY OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Is vaping a sin?? Here is my take.. (This may apply to most people but not all)

Regardless if it is vaping, coffee, or any other consumable product, services or goods, there are 3 things that come to mind when I think about whether or not it is a sin..

1. You can not serve 2 masters
2. Good stewardship
3. Conviction

Has vaping turned you into a vapaholic??

Do you spend more time vaping and researching the newest vaping gadget than you do with with your family or even with God?

How about time to read the word? You spend a quick 15 minutes on the word because your short on time but yet HOURS on the forum?

Do you step out of service for a quick vape? Do you get to service late because you need to get a quick vape before you walk into church? Do you find a corner somewhere inside the church to grab a vape when you should be listneing to the word?

Do you never have enough money to be a good steward and tithe the way your suppose to but yet always manage to find cash to buy new juices, batteries, carts etc?

You do have money to tithe and give to be a blessing to others but instead of tithing and giving, you stock up on a 3 month supply of vaping inventory?

We want God to continually bless us in all things. Many pray for financial prosperity. We need to be good stewards of what is rightfully God's. Are we showing him that we are doing a great job managing his money when more than half of our earnings goes to our vaping habit and not to the household bills, retirement savings, college funds etc?

So, is vaping a sin?? Are you feeling convicted?

Anything that comes "before" God is sin. Pure and simple

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Actually the answer is YES! I know the grip of addiction to cigarettes was like, praying and crying out to God for help. I tried every kind of NRT replacement to no avail. One day I was listening to a Pastor who said if you have an addiction or an area in your life that you need to overcome, pray and ask God for creative ways to overcome them...and....I did! Two days later I heard about the electronic cigarette and started really researching them. I am now 3 months cigarette free and down to 6mg nicotine. I find myself craving them less and less, can sit through a service a lot easier than before. Am I perfected in all my ways with the electronic cigarette...absolutely not...but I know the mighty hand of God has led me thus far and will lead me all the way through with ZERO condemnation.

Because of my success with ecigs 2 other smokers have completely quit cigarettes AND vaping and are now nicotine addiction free.

So...therefore...I VAPE TO THE GLORY OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

Way to go Imrasch!!! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread