Is vaping dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Here is a discussion for you guys to have do you all think vaping is dangerous like the scientist say it is well in my opinion i think it's nothing but junk science to me.
Exactly what research are you claiming to be "junk" and what is the basis of that accusation? Have you conducted research that counters this "junk science" research? Have you submitted your research for peer review and had it published?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is vaping dangerous?

Absolutely it is!

If you are a State that Heavily Depends on Cigarette Tax monies, or have Leveraged your MSA payments via Bonds that are now kinda Upside-Down, vaping is one of the Most Dangerous things to have come down the pipe in a Long Time.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Is vaping dangerous?

Absolutely it is!

If you are a State that Heavily Depends on Cigarette Tax monies, or have Leveraged your MSA payments via Bonds that are now kinda Upside-Down, vaping is one of the Most Dangerous things to have come down the pipe in a Long Time.
^^^ truth^^^

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Is vaping dangerous?

Absolutely it is!

You must be talking about our great state, Commifornia ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You must be talking about our great state of Commifornia ;)

I am. But Lots of States are Feeling the Pinch. And few are not in the Red when looking at the Bottom Line of the Balance Sheet.

BTW - Some call where I live "The People's Republic of Kalifornia". I may have done so a Few Times myself when it comes to Taxation.

;)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
It can be.......

There was this vaper using a vape pen, wasn't paying attention when he took a hit just as he was about to pass through an automatic glass door. The door didn't open and he rammed that thing right up his nose! Good news is, he was unhurt and his nose saved him from putting out his eye. And it turned out to work quite well, stuck up there in his nose, freeing both hands while still being able to take a toke whenever he wanted. That is, until the juice ran dry 'cause he couldn't see the glass and that dry hit sent him to the hospital.

So, yeah! Vaping is dangerous!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Vaping is only dangerous for the people who carry around unprotected batteries with keys and change in their pockets. Or builds coils so low without checking Ohms and installs it on a mechanical MOD. Or mixes their own e-Liquids but has no comprehension of what they are doing. Maybe they should offer free helmets to them??

I believe in natural selection, if we allow the idiots to do themselves in, then they dont reproduce and muck up the gene pool on down the road..

But that's not pc.. we are supposed to protect them and keep them safe so that on down the road politicians have a large pool of good little slaves..

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I believe in natural selection, if we allow the idiots to do themselves in, then they dont reproduce and muck up the gene pool on down the road..

But that's not pc.. we are supposed to protect them and keep them safe so that on down the road politicians have a large pool of good little slaves..
Preach it, Sister! :thumbs:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Is vaping dangerous?

Yes. Very

Just pulling legs, not really. There's people who been vaping well over 5 years saying they feel better and better.
For me, it was getting shot of the :censored:.
My brain feels a lot better now.
Man, do I enjoy vaping.

Why is my text so big. I'm not angry or shouting ;)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Just using your post for a lead in to explaining my humble opinion when this issue comes up:

I don't think we can say vaping is 100% safe, but we can say it is safer than smoking!

Can we all agree that there is nothing, nothing at all in our daily lives that is 100% safe? I even heard an advertisement proclaiming that "research shows sitting is the new smoking", that sitting all day increases the risk of heart attack. So, No! Vaping is not 100% safe. But just where does it come in on "the danger scale", from 0% up to 100% (reversing it since "Danger Scale" sounds so much better then "Safe Scale")? If we agree nothing sits at the 0% mark, is it also reasonable to agree nothing sits at the 100% mark. So think about everything you do on a regular basis and where each might sit on the "Danger Scale." Then slip in vaping where you think it fits based on what we know today and see just how "dangerous" you consider it. After all, it is your choice, your call.

While we may not know all there is to know about vaping, indications are it comes in pretty low on the "Danger Scale!" Safe? No, as shown in my previous post. :shock: Dangerous? Yes, but you must decide to what degree and if it is even worth worrying about. On my scale, it is coming in right along side jaywalking and hanging Christmas lights from the gutter.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
As opposed to breathing the air on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific ocean 250 years ago? Probably a little bit dangerous.

As opposed to breathing the air in any major US city today? No the least bit dangerous!
Good thing you said "deserted island" as in any town or city, you'd be inhaling so much fecal matter, everyone's BO and floating diseases that someone from today's world going in the past would need a hazmat costume, if only for the smell.... something that they don't show much in time travel movies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My body, and a whole lot of scientists and drs, tell me it's safer than smoking. Considering I'm going to do one or the other I'll choose vaping and accept the small risks that may accompany it.

Of my personal doctors, I have spoken to three of them about me vaping. All three were happy and supportive of my switching from smoking to vaping. Certainly it's not a large pool, and since two are in the same practice you might consider them simply supportive of their associate's opinion, but these are all doctors who I know, who are normal doctors. (Two are internists, one a general practitioner).

I think we might find that our own doctors are very supportive of vaping, and that those speaking against it, are more likely to be doing so for political and/or monetary purposes - and not necessarily because there is a worse harm in vaping than in smoking. I know mine say there is a preference for vaping, verses smoking cigarettes, because it is less harmful.

And since I'm paying them no matter what they say, then I figure they are simply offering up the best advice they can for my health. Since its my health they are being paid to look after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread