Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Not doomed, no. The ship has sailed. They can throw some rough weather our way, but the truth has a way of staying the truth, no matter what anyone says about it. They almost burned Galileo at the stake for saying the Earth wasn't the center of "creation"... so he recanted and lived in house arrest for the rest of his life. He knew it didn't matter, it was the truth and would one day be known as such.

And now we have that prophesied "global village," thanks to the internet and satellite communication. Ain't it grand? :D

And no, I don't think it will take 500 yrs, or even 200 yrs, for the truth about vaping to come out -- thanks to that global communication.

Andria

Reactions: Susan2014

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I've seen alot of posts now a days about the bills being passed without vaping.... from banning the sales of ejuice to 75% sales tax..... are we doomed? it seems like the government gives no ....s about our health and choice to vape....

No, But you need to contact your legislators and let them know how you feel and your personal experience. Tell them to recover their lost tobacco revenue from somewhere else!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
good point guys. im just getting a little scared seeing that stuff right after I started getting into vaping an all

Then start raising hell. Your state government, Big Tobacco, and Big Pharma have been profiting from our addiction for decades. They don't want to give up the $$$$$$$$$$.

Reactions: duckwarrior

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Here is an excerpt from the bill that will be passed in our Province.
If anyone bothers to even read it, you'll see they are anti vaping big time.
No online sales/advertising. No advertising at all in fact. A vendor will not even be able to speak to the customer about a device until AFTER the purchase.

This is WAR folks, fight, fight hard, or lose. It's all up to YOU! Don't remain in denial!

Scroll down to Schedule 3...Legislative Assembly of Ontario | Bills & Lawmaking | Current Parliament | Bill 45, Making Healthier Choices Act, 2015

Most vapers cannot even be bothered enough to read the bill let alone do anything about these
travesties. Shameful.

Reactions: duckwarrior

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I'm sure you have read several posts and yes you should worry. Not only about vaping because it will not stop there I'm afraid. Just get involved, call your reps, let them know this is a wedge issue for you and if they continue to pass such legislation then you can no long support their cause. If enough people threaten their job, their livelihood, they will listen.

Join CASAA. Know your reps and know the sponsors of such legislation, know their contributors i.e. big tobacco,big pharma. Do your research. Its all readily available on the internet. Its not about your health its about their campaign contributors and the I've scratched your back now you scratch mine mentality. Follow the money! Get involved!

You can never be prepared enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: four2109

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Very well said! I have enough vape supplies to last me indefinitely. What ever there going to do, Wont stop me! no going back to smoking for this Guy :)
This has bin a topic on the forums for quite some time now. A lot of people saw this coming, and it sure looks like it's going to happen Sooner than Later.
Big tobacco and the governments are loosing money, Lots of it cause were all not smoking! Goes to show what they really care about!

I don't know about doomed ... however, I do believe things are about to become pretty grim for those who are not prepared.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
will they even listen though?

Not if they think you aren't even paying attention! That's how most legislation gets passed.
They are going for registration now. Then comes taxation.
You could just go back to smoking, where you are already being taxed because "they want to discourage smoking". Yeah right. They want revenue.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It sure does, and that makes vaping something that has the potential to CHANGE THE WORLD... not just our own little foggy bit of it. It will cause the public exposure of so much corruption it is sickening and infuriating to even contemplate... I really think THAT is what all the ruckus is about, they don't want their corruption exposed to the light of day, and they sure don't want to lose their cushy little sinecures and well-padded bank accounts.

Andria

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Very well said! I have enough vape supplies to last me indefinitely. What ever there going to do, Wont stop me! no going back to smoking for this Guy :)
This has bin a topic on the forums for quite some time now. A lot of people saw this coming, and it sure looks like it's going to happen Sooner than Later.
Big tobacco and the governments are loosing money, Lots of it cause were all not smoking! Goes to show what they really care about!

I hear you Steamer, I am also prepared as can be.

I don't think anyone can stop BG from hijacking the vape industry ... the reason I say this ... there just aren't enough smokers vaping to make a difference yet.

BG and BT have already written off the small percentage of smokers who quit smoking with vaping ... they are looking to corral the folks they still have hooked on cigarettes.

I have a strong feeling the vape industry is about to become extremely crippled by BG/BT and taxes ... they are going to steamroll vaping like a freight train.

Those Vuse commercials we are seeing? ... those will increase tenfold from all the BT players.

I do not believe we will ever see TV commercials for open tank systems and eLiquid.

The regulations will be nothing short of shocking for everyone from vapers to vendors.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
As vapers already, most of us will get by. My main concern comes with regards to current smokers that haven't yet switched.

No ECF, no online stores, no chatter allowed on social media, no advertising.
Availability of over taxed, under performing devices, weak nic., flavourless liquids.
Why in the world would a smoker switch in this type environment?
Most won't even bother, and many that do will likely fail.

Smokers are lowlifes anyways, social outcasts, who cares. (sarc)
Unless it's your mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc.

Wake up! IT MATTERS!

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
While I do feel that long term we will win, it is gonna take time and we will have some major setbacks before then. We need to stay active tho, to let people know how we feel and not just the lawmakers, but everyone we know.

I know many don't like referring to their pv as an e-cig, but please make sure family and friends KNOW it is an e-cig. When they get asked or have to make a choice in an election if they have only heard you say mod or pv it might not click with them when they are looking at a proposed bill that says e-cigs, they might think of that as being those awful cig-a-likes we hate.

Nothing wrong with being prepared, a good mech for backup, an rda or two, building supplies and knowing how to DIY, but make sure your voice is heard. If you haven't already join CASAA, I know the UK has a group as well, tho I don't remember the name of it.

These groups don't have the man power or funds to do everything, but they do help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread