Is vaping like doing hookah? Also help with a vape kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadlocked

Sep 6, 2014
CT
Hey all I'm totally new to the whole vape scene, I enjoy doing hookah and it's flavors was wondering if vaping is sorta the same thing? Just to let you know I've never smoked ciggs/[OTHER STUFF] or any of that just hookah. I know that people start vaping to quit smoking but I am not a smoker. Should I even start vaping? If I do I would just be interested in the flavors not really the nicotine at all. I'm pretty much in it for the flavor and clouds lol. So can anyone recommend me a vape build? I looked into dripping but it's not something I would want to do yet because you have to keep refilling the drops into the feeder right? So I would be looking at getting a tank so it can last me the whole day or so. Can anyone recommend me a build under $200?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottibones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
With hookah your doing direct lung inhales therefore producing big clouds. The tank systems for the most part are going to be mouth to lung and as you where not a cig smoker this would not be normal for you also smaller clouds. Dripping is not that bad and would give you the desired results and zero nic juice would be comparable to shisha. I would suggest you search for "airy draw" tanks and see what comes up otherwise dripping would be my recommendation as flavor is better this way.

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
They are similar in the fact that you can prodce large clouds with both of them. With hookah you are basically vaporizing the shisha under the foil. But you are also drawing the smoke and other toxins from the burning coal. Vaping you have nothing burning, no tobacco products, and clouds of vapor when you want them not when it's stoked.
Since you have never been a Smoker I would suggest you stay with 0 nicotine.
If It Is bIg clouds that you are Interested In, like you may have seen on YouTube, when you're looking at a dripping atomizer.
these are not meant to be used by amateurs. Before getting any setup you will need to do your homework and read up on battery safety, Ohm's law, coil building, and then battery safety again! Yes it is that important.
So if you take your time learn what you need to learn and be safe vaping can be great.
If you jump In uneducated and enthusiastic you might just blow off your hand.

Deadlocked

Sep 6, 2014
CT
Yeah but I don't think i'd go with dripping because it's not really convenient. Maybe down the road possibly. I've already started to read about the coil building and battery safety from some of these stickies, but what would you guys recommend as a build? For a mech mod and such? Or maybe a regulated mod? What would you guys recommend with a tank as well? And what battery? I've heard different things about the Nemesis/Provari/Stingray and I was looking into for a regulated mod the Sigelei20watt or the [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Cartel Clone by infinite. What do you guys think?[/FONT] Thanks for the information guys!

Last edited:

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
A regulated mod would be a great place to start. You still need to understand battery safety ohms law to safely build coils. But then you have the electronics there to back you up. Basicly if you try a build outside the parameters of your mod it wont fire. If you still want a cloud comparable to hookah you want something with higher watts. I I'm always hesitant to recommend a coil build. I feel that until you can make a decision for yourself on your build you have no business building coils.
Yes a dripper can be a bit of a nuisance having to refill constantly but it is the easiest to build on. Rebuildable tanks such as the kayfun will be more difficult to build, but once you have been working properly they're much more convenient to use. If you want to get up and vaping quickly, why don't you get yourself a nautilus tank or something like that. Then you can start vaping immediately find out what it's all about and make your decisions from there.

mbuc

Mar 8, 2009
Louisville, KY
these are not meant to be used by amateurs. Before getting any setup you will need to do your homework and read up on battery safety, Ohm's law, coil building, and then battery safety again! Yes it is that important.
So if you take your time learn what you need to learn and be safe vaping can be great.
If you jump In uneducated and enthusiastic you might just blow off your hand.

Can't stress this enough.

Scottibones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
I believe we are getting past the "simple solutions" where this thread is located. If you don't want to drip you will sacrifice flavor so you are limited to tanks. I would also recommend you stick with regulated devices as most tank systems will work better with control over wattage vs mechanical mods. Check out this video of the kanger aerotank turbo it's a cloud maker but the flavor is lacking. At least it's a place to start.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aHUdUctses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread