Is vaping more than I used to smoke ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Not at all...unless you start getting a headache. If you start getting a headache, it means you're getting too much nico in your system. I vape ALOT more than I smoked I think...just cause I enjoy it so much more! Love all the flavors! I've lost 6 lbs so far cause I'm feeding my sweet tooth with 0 calories! lol!

Alaricnj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Jersey
www.mgiannella.com
I've noticed that i Vape more than i smoked. I've read on this site that the absorption rate of vaping and Smoke are very different. You get alot more nicotine absorption with traditional smoke. Meaning you need to vape more than you smoked for your body to get the amount of nicotine it is useto. I'm sure others will comment aswell but it sounded right to me.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Depends. I spend about double the amount of time vaping that I did smoking but I'm pretty sure I'm getting considerably less nicotine than when I smoked.

Find out how much nicotine you got from each brand-specific cigarette that you used to smoke here. If you know of more recent information, feel free to post a link. I smoked Camel Blue 99s. That shows up on this older list by the older name: Camel Light 100 HP (hard pack)

Erowid Tobacco Vault : Info on Nicotine Content of Cigarette Brands

I know from this information that the 30 cigarettes I smoked per day provided 24mg of nicotine per day.

Now look at your nicotine juice concentration and how much juice you vape per day. I vape 2ml of 24mg of juice per day. That shows a total of 48mg of nicotine in the juice I vape each day. However, vaping is a much less effective means of delivering nicotine to the body than smoking. Most estimates I have read say vaping is only 30% as effective as smoking. So, 30% of that 48mg I vape each day is about 17mg of nicotine.

17mg sounds about right to me, as I noticed a substantial nicotine deficit the first three days after I switched to vaping exclusively, and quit all cigarettes.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Still continue to chain vape throughout the day unless I'm really occupied or at the gym. As alaricnj the absorption rate is slower than ciggies. I want to say that one will absorb anywhere from 10-40% of the nic roughly, somebody correct me if I am way off. We also absorb the nic much slower than with sticks.

TheMuppet

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
From all the reading and information on here.. I am under the belief that we dont absorb the vaped nic as fast or as much , as for percentages..lol i'll leave that too the math scholars too sort out ..lol

I vape 18 mg (not sure of how much) and being a 1.5 pad analog smoker i vape more, but get the same nicotine or less then smoking

I say Vape your face off, if it get you away from analogs....

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
I noticed that when I switched from analogues to ecigs that the nicotine took a lot longer to come on and kept coming on for a while after I stopped vaping. Sort of like a patch. I also noticed that I got less nicotine than I got from a quick hit on a stinkie. I think there is an adjustment period. Once the smoking callous that your body creates to help protect your mouth, throat and lungs from the heat and noxious smoke breaks down you start absorbing the nicotine in the vapor better.

Last edited:

kcrafton

Apr 26, 2012
Cary, NC
I just went from 1pk/d Marlboro Medium 100s to vaping, and I find it takes 20mins about every hour or 1.5h to keep up with the cravings -- even on 36mg / 6mL juice! It's normal, because you're not getting nearly as much nicotine (I'm going through a touch of withdrawal even at that rate), but the withdrawal is much much easier than any other way I've tried quitting (patch, lozenge, gum, zyban, chantix...). You will get used to it if you are going through withdrawal, and your body will adjust over time to your new habit -- either you'll keep vaping more than smoking or it'll taper off to adjust your schedule and life.

You'll know when you've had too much. If you start feeling nauseous or like your heart is pounding, you've started down the road of overdose. Just quit, wait an hour, and you will have burned off the excess (excuse the pun) and be just fine.

iamgarffi

Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Connecticut
Well,

You need to ask yourself what you want to gain from Vaping. If you want to smoke period (meaning no nicotine, no inhaling, nothing that would remind of you smoking habit) then less and less would be called the quitting process. If you end up vamping mode than you would normally smoke is called "getting a new hobby" :)

dsmith10

Dec 9, 2011
Manchester
I agree with 'iamgarffi', if you started to vape because you want to quit smoking then it probably not the best because you are still inhaling a lot of nicotine..unless you are using a no nicotine eliquid. However If you vape just as a healthily alternative to smoking then yeah its completely fine. Anybody on here know where I can get a e cig that glows a different colour than red? The reason I ask is because every time I use my current e cig in a public place and am asked to go outside...I have read online that people in a similar position said once getting one that glows a different colour than red are less likely to get hassled

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
I agree with 'iamgarffi', if you started to vape because you want to quit smoking then it probably not the best because you are still inhaling a lot of nicotine..unless you are using a no nicotine eliquid. However If you vape just as a healthily alternative to smoking then yeah its completely fine. Anybody on here know where I can get a e cig that glows a different colour than red? The reason I ask is because every time I use my current e cig in a public place and am asked to go outside...I have read online that people in a similar position said once getting one that glows a different colour than red are less likely to get hassled

I don't know what type you have but if its a stick battery as I call them (cig size) I just saw on a site a cap that goes over the lcd light. So sorry I don't remember which one I was on. If I find it, I will post back.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
It is normal to vape more than you smoked especially at first. Be careful and try and vape low mg or no mg if possible a few hours before you go to bed or if you think you might be overdoing it though so you don't get a nic rush and stay up all night. When I first started I used high mg in the morning and tapered off to 0 nic at night because I vaped so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread