Is vaping more than I used to smoke ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozz

Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are a few concerning threads about nic poisoning and total intake that has reminded me (25yr smoker but newb here) that nic is serious stuff. The body should be the guide one hopes -- ie stop if getting negative feedback/headaches/other ills.

I have only tried 16/18/24 strength so far but am wondering about a really dumb question: for <10 or even 0, is there any throat hit at all -- do you feel it in the lungs at all?

Mozz

Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Con't thought:

I really find (1 week analogue free) I need to be constantly puffing my ego. I am forcing myself to hold back as I am going through 3 x 1ml tanks in a day (long day 5am-11pm) but holding back/not puffing is also causing my analogue "evil thoughts" to jump to the forefront of my mind. I wish I was comfortable puffing continuously when urges come strong.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
This has been a very informative thread for me...thanks to all who contributed. I started vaping about 6 wks ago using 12mg. juice with an Apollo Extreme kit. Two batteries was cutting it close and I ended up with two more batteries and another charger for "security". As I experimented with different juices, I moved up to 24mg.

Just like with analogs, if I'm busy I vape less. For now, I don't really care how much I'm vaping. I'm not coughing, my nose is not constantly running and I no longer have sinus headaches. The ash tray at my computer is now full of bottles instead of smelly trash. We had dinner at Olive Garden last evening and I really miss smoking with meals. I slipped my ecig out of my pocket and took the edge off very quickly. Slick city.

I'm expecting a TGo kit in the mail today and I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
No. I don't think that catnip works the same way. Cats seem to like it though. My dog likes grass although it makes her fart a lot. God save me when the dog goes on a grass binge.

LOL. I had a cat that farted non stop. Nasty cat didn't last long. I just could not stand it. She would come over and want attention and it seemed like every time I was running for the hills or waiting for the stink.

Badmotorfinger

Apr 22, 2012
NY
I was smoking 2 packs a day for the last 20 years, some years more.. now I go through a 1000mah & a 750mah battery each day w/ LR cartos & 24mg strength juice. No idea if my body is getting more or less nicotine than when I smoked, but I do feel satisfied. My main goal right now is just to not smoke, so if Im getting 3x as much nicotine from vaping thats fine by me.. my body has handled much worse and lived to tell ;)

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Nicotine hits me harder in vaping. I monitor myself and have a pretty good rhythm down to know when to vape. Nicotine is a stimulant, but without all the other chemicals present from the combustion of tobacco, you aren't really going to get any calming effect (at least I don't). I have since started vaping WTA (from Aroma) and it actually counteracts the effects of too much standard niquid vaping, and, it generates very closely to the overall sensation (without the chest pain) of a cigarette. I am really pleased with my juice line-up now. Too much vaping is relative and only your body can discern what "too much" is. I don't mean to be funny, but ask your body if you have had enough. Also, I don't exactly know if vaping is a pit-stop to quitting nicotine altogether, or more of a migration to another form. I remember thinking I was only going to be vaping for half a year, but that was a year and a half ago...

p.s. I think you will be fine!

What is WTA? And how is it different from other juices?

lVla50n1337

May 23, 2012
california
I vape more than I used to smoke as well and am happy about it. Tastes better, doesn't smell, and even after vaping all day I can still breath at night. I'm still adjusting to how the nic absorbs for me but I'm sure I'll get more used to that later on considering I'm very new to vaping. Happy about switching. Happy about this wonderful community. All is well for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread