Isopropyl Flush

Discussion in 'ProVape' started by MonsterKenny, Nov 20, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MonsterKenny

MonsterKenny Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

With the new way we process circuit boards we are no longer recommending customers do the isopropyl flush that was once common for issues on your Provari.

Im going to Sticky this so it can be seen.

Kindly,
    ProVape

2. nvmedjpain

nvmedjpain Moved On ECF Veteran

So what would we do now :confused:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

3. robo74

robo74 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow, I did this to my mini before it went out on me. I thought it was because the board was loose not making button contact.
    But I have yet to have the techs get back to me as to what is up with my mini.

Thats interesting news.

Rob

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

5. MonsterKenny

MonsterKenny Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Plan,
    Thanks for posting this blog :)
    Ken

6. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I am glad you like it. If you see where I got something wrong, please let me know.

I will correct and update as needed, MK.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is from Zen, but I would think it would apply equally well to the ProVari.
    Edit: This is secondhand info, from someone who had a conversation with Zen. There is some controversy in the replies. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dna30-battery-level-behavior-anyone-seen.html

8. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would like to see ProVape's response to this. They not only sell but recommend Noalox for the stainless steel threads on the device.

9. EddardinWinter

Supporting member
    It certainly was a controversy. I do believe that the counter argument (that the worries of zinc/cathodic reaction are overblown) is correct. However, I would like to hear ProVape's official position on this matter.

10. dedi

dedi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Waiting to hear more.............

11. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm not sure what to make of this thread...seems nearly a no-win situation, which is why I think ProVape is remaining silent. There's some technicalities at play here that doesn't make certain statements untrue. However, the implications are such that the lay person just ends up confused and PO'd.

I have my own opinion about Noalox and No-Oxide. Truth is, either one, for most any mod, will function exactly the same for many years as long as basic care and maintenance take place.

What I can say for sure, is now I know what products I'll continue to support and which ones I likely never will.

12. p.opus

Here's my lowly opinion.

ProVape has been recommending Noalox for a long time. Some of us have owned our devices for a long time, and I have yet to see any reported issue of galvanic pitting taking place in ANY stainless steel mod in the last 4 years.

If such corrosion were taking place, I would think we would definitely hear about it in the same way that the isopropyl flush is now being discouraged.

I think if it were as big a problem as some make it, we'd have heard something by now. Especially considering it's wide spread use.

13. EddardinWinter

Supporting member
    That is kinda how I felt, too. I have been using it in all three of my ProVarii. Nothing like what was alleged in that thread has happened to me, either.

14. Riverboat

Riverboat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The last Provari I bought was ordered on 09/17/2013. Is still able to do the isopropyl flush,or is it one of the new processed boards?

15. p.opus

Nope.

From the ProVape troubleshooting website.

I have heard it has to do with the epoxy used to mount the board to the tube. Perhaps the epoxy they used to use was no longer available and the new epoxy being used is not as isopropyl resistant.

16. Riverboat

Supporting member
    Thanks for the info p.opus ... I better hold on to my Isopropyl flushable Provari....

17. Riverboat

Supporting member
    I checked out the link.. I think his batteries are either real old or improperly charged.. The ZNA showing a 20-30% level then showing low after a few hits.. Then when you let it sit for a few it goes back up to the 1/3 level is not uncommon. Its like when you Provaris light blinks and wont fire, remove the battery and reinsert and it fires again for a short while until it shuts down again due to low battery levels..