Issue with Vision Spinner 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
I bought a Spinner 2 on Ebay a week ago. I'm fairly certain it's authentic but I could be wrong. Anyway I had been using it most of the day just fine when suddenly it quit heating the coil. The button lights up as it should, and it powers on and off as it should but it won't heat the coil. And when I plug it into its charger the power button does not light up at all. I've already messaged the seller but they haven't responded yet. I've searched for Spinner 2 problems but never found anyone else to have this problem.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I bought a Spinner 2 on Ebay a week ago. I'm fairly certain it's authentic but I could be wrong. Anyway I had been using it most of the day just fine when suddenly it quit heating the coil. The button lights up as it should, and it powers on and off as it should but it won't heat the coil. And when I plug it into its charger the power button does not light up at all. messaged the seller but they haven't responded yet. I've searched for Spinner 2 problems but never found anyone else to have this problem.

Sounds done for. What tank are you using? They were only good to power maybe 1.8 ohms and up.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    So as I posted in my intro thread, it's working now. It just needed cleaned. But considering I used it, turned it off for 3 minutes then tried to use it again, I didn't think it would need cleaned. But it did.

EDIT: Literally no sooner than I posted this, it did it again. Cleaned it out and it still won't work.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Meh, you're always taking a risk when you buy e-cig equipment from Ebay or Amazon.

One thing I might suggest is to tease the center pin up on the Spinner battery. Sometimes folks inadvertently over-tighten the tank onto the battery, which can push the center pin down into the battery, thereby breaking the electrical connection between tank and battery.

Reactions: DaveP

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    Well that didn't help either. I didn't pay very much for it so I'm not too upset, but now I only have one battery and I think it's only 1300mah.

Does anyone have any battery recommendations? I've found like like around 1600mah, variable voltage. Should I just buy an authentic Spinner from a smoke shop or are there other good batteries out there for a good price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    Well that didn't help either. I didn't pay very much for it so I'm not too upset, but now I only have one battery and I think it's only 1300mah.

Does anyone have any battery recommendations? I've found like like around 1600mah, variable voltage. Should I just buy an authentic Spinner from a smoke shop or are there other good batteries out there for a good price?

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Personally, I prefer a "mod" which takes replaceable, rechargeable batteries. When the battery is fully discharged, I just replace a fully charged battery into the mod.

And when those batteries wear out over time, I just buy a new battery for the mod for about $5 - $6. With Ego spinner batteries and mods which use internal non-replaceable batteries, the entire device needs to be replaced when the battery wears out; not very cost effective in the long run.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
    • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper. Includes a video on the use of an eGo variable voltage battery/clearomizer and of the iStick and MVP mods.
    Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
    • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    Man, I have a lot to learn, lol.

I never intended to be this into vaping from the start. I started smoking again a few weeks ago after quitting for over 3 years and I couldn't give it up so I thought I'd give this a shot. I figured I'd just buy a simple set up and a few flavors and be fine. Nope. I'm still not looking to get like huge as batteries and go completely ape.... but I still find myself browsing for different tanks and batteries and tips and anything else I can get to customize my vaping experience. I wish I would have picked this up sooner. I really enjoy it

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What's the consensus one the iTaste VV V3.0? Seems like a really good battery for the price, just don't know if I should purchase one or not.
    It depends upon if its features, form factor, and size meets your preference criteria. I used to sell them when I worked in a vape shop a couple of years ago.

They are sort of a hybrid between an eGo battery and a regulated variable wattage mod. The slim lightweight form factor makes them an ideal on-the-go, pocket-friendly vape device, but they probably aren't that durable, much like an eGo battery. I've seen people try to return them after they were dropped on the ground and broke. Display is nice; it has a voltage and resistance meter, which an Ego doesn't have. The sides are flat, not round, so it won't roll away if placed on a table.

Battery life may be adequate or maybe not, depending upon how much you use it. 800 mah would probably only last me half the day if it was my primary device, but for an evening out on the town it would suffice.

It does have a "pass thru" ability, in that you can vape it while it is plugged in and charging.

itaste-vv3-silver-12.jpg

Last edited:

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    It depends upon if its features, form factor, and size meets your preference criteria. I used to sell them when I worked in a vape shop a couple of years ago.

They are sort of a hybrid between an eGo battery and a regulated variable wattage mod. The slim lightweight form factor makes them an ideal on-the-go, pocket-friendly vape device, but they probably aren't that durable, much like an eGo battery. I've seen people try to return them after they were dropped on the ground and broke. Display is nice; it has a voltage and resistance meter, which an Ego doesn't have. The sides are flat, not round, so it won't roll away if placed on a table.

Battery life may be adequate or maybe not, depending upon how much you use it. 800 mah would probably only last me half the day if it was my primary device, but for an evening out on the town it would suffice.

It does have a "pass thru" ability, in that you can vape it while it is plugged in and charging.

itaste-vv3-silver-12.jpg

I can get one on Ebay for $30 and it comes with a charger, EVOD MT3 tank and certificate of authenticity. So with the other Ebay seller sending me a new Spinner free of charge, I figure buying one of these to give me 3 eGo's would hold over until I can save up for a nice box mod.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    I can get one on Ebay for $30 and it comes with a charger, EVOD MT3 tank and certificate of authenticity. So with the other Ebay seller sending me a new Spinner free of charge, I figure buying one of these to give me 3 eGo's would hold over until I can save up for a nice box mod.

That seems a high price for the device, particularly as it's several years old technology. Something like an Eleaf AIO might be a better, and definitely a more modern, option. I'm not that familiar with "beginner devices" (not only for beginners, therefore the quotation marks) so perhaps someone else with more hands on experience can make suggestions.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I bought a Spinner 2 on Ebay a week ago. I'm fairly certain it's authentic but I could be wrong. Anyway I had been using it most of the day just fine when suddenly it quit heating the coil. The button lights up as it should, and it powers on and off as it should but it won't heat the coil. And when I plug it into its charger the power button does not light up at all. I've already messaged the seller but they haven't responded yet. I've searched for Spinner 2 problems but never found anyone else to have this problem.

You might be better served with something like an iStick TC 40W. It gives you all the options including temperature control in a small package with USB charging and a reputation for reliability. It's a good mod that fits in a pocket when you are out. The one below is on sale for $25.95.

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Temperature Control Mod - Black

Reactions: KenD

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    You might be better served with something like an iStick TC 40W. It gives you all the options including temperature control in a small package with USB charging and a reputation for reliability. It's a good mod that fits in a pocket when you are out. The one below is on sale for $25.95.

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Temperature Control Mod - Black
    Even when I didn't vape, I always thought those would be more inconvenient than anything. Just from the size. And I always thought they looked ridiculous. I said I'd never use a mod if I started vaping.

But I understand now that they have their advantages and you guys wouldn't recommend them if they weren't worth it. So I think I've decided to go ahead and get an iTaste (found another on Ebay for the same price that comes with an EVOD MT3 free) and then a Minute Nautilus. That will give me a few tanks and batteries to keep me going awhile. Then I will look into a mod. I see the iSticks get mentioned a lot, so I'll probably get one of them.

Reactions: DaveP
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread