Issues with latest batch of Eastmall LR901's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
Has anyone else had a recent order of LR901's?

Our group/co-op buy that I organise for our forum recently purchased 27 packs of them . . . firstly they were barely primed which was unusual in itself, as Eastmall atomisers have all come quite wet on the previous orders that we've done.

That intial problem solved by priming them ourselves, we've then found that other than on a GGTB these 901 atomisers don't work on the likes of a Screwdriver and other native 901 mods. . . . the only way we've been able to get them working is to ease out the central circular section on the atomiser end that screws onto the battery connection.

As you can see from these photographs the external and internal design has been changed completely . . . the new batch are on the left in both photographs.

2011_04300015.jpg

2011_04300016.jpg

I have been in friendly contact with Selina who has agreed to take them back and refund me so I can issue individual refunds to members, but it's hugely disappointing and a costly business posting them back to China at our expense when the fault is not ours . . . our forum has done a lot of business with Eastmall, about $3,000 in 8 months . . . we've had faultless service and by and large been delighted with the quality of products - especially the LR901's.

Has anyone else had similar problems or have we just been unlucky with a faulty batch. :(

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
hhhmmmmm

yes, it looks like the connection point is recessed too far up

what a nuisance for you for sure---
I am sorry this has happened,

I am glad you are sorting it with Selina, and I am sure you will be taken care of well----

again, sorry for this nuisance.

No, I have not seen this problem myself, I use 510 306 and 801 myself.

but I wouls appreciate to hear from others who have had 901
and maybe have or even have not had a problem with them ------

perpetua

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
Hi Di,

Yes that's exactly the problem, you've got it in one.

Members with GG's have been able to use these LR901's on their devices, those without
haven't at all, not without wiggling the connection point out so as it stands a wee bit more proud, but that is then causing leakage.

You can see from the connecter caps on both the GGTB & Screwdriver why one works and the other doesn't.

2011_04300010.jpg

deesigner

May 2, 2011
Cannock, UK
I had quite a few of these on our group order, I only use a SD and initially they wouldn't fire up. After fiddling with the centre post and easing it down slightly I did get it to work. Initially it was fine, but after a couple of hours it packed up. I tend to go for LR901's because they have a longer lifespan, my others have lasted a minimum of two weeks each with constant use. These just aren't the same quality.

uptoyou

Nov 8, 2010
UK
I was part of this group order and have issues with the attys also, I have two 901 devices and none of the attys would fire up on them without adjusting the center post.
In the past I have really loved the EM 901's it's a shame that these ones just don't work as they should. I'm hoping that all goes smoothly in the return and refund for the goods.

Why was there a change in them in the first place I wonder?

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Dammit --- yes, sometimes the manufacturer decides to implement what they think is an improvement to the product ----

unfortunately it does not suit all the devices out there,

and we the sellers can do nothing except voice our opinions

and hope that any little problems will be addressed

and fixed ASAP -- !!!

I hope your exchanges go smoothly -----

gazzatip

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
norfolk england
i was also involved with this order.
too be honest there the worst LR901s ive used to date, which was really surprising as the 3 orders our forum has placed before this the LR901s have been great.
if i was to mark the previous ones out of 10 they would score 8/10 these new ones would score 2/10 they were that bad.
firstly there is no primer so they glow red with no hiss at all, after priming with my juice they seemed ok for 3 or 4 hours (apart from not wicking well) using the ggtb, my wife then tried one on the mk2 SD and it didnt work at all, nor would it on a mk1 SD, i dont have a 901 to 901 adapter so couldnt try it and but i should not have to.
back to my ggtb after 3 hours or so the atty started to spit and miss consistently and wicking seemed to be a real issue i tried 4 cart types and none gave a decent vape, i had to top up every 3 to 5 draws just to get it to wick.
when the juice does get down it simply runs out the bottom of the atty, so i was constantly cleaning the ggtb atty connector.
after 24hrs i gave up with them as there was no pleasure in using them whatsoever.
i just hope you EM guys sort this out as im sure if the standard remains the same as these attys then you will find many winging there way back too you with people not wanting too risk them again

gaz

jangofett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
I finally got my package. I'm the guy whose package was mailed back to China. None of the 10 LR901's I ordered work. Some of them have the center bit off to the side like there was an issue during manufacture. What really bothers me is that one of them destroyed a battery, which burned out the spring inside my ecig. So now, I have no working atomizers and my PV is ruined too. I am really upset with eastmall right now.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've also got 2 packs of these EM LR901's & they aren't a patch on the previous ones :( Why the heck did the manufacturer have to change an attie that was perfect? Thought EM had their own factory these days & made everything themselves?

They do work on my GGTS as the centre post can be adjusted, but they don't work on my SD.

Even when you do get them working by priming them well, they then start off spitting & popping to the extent that I worried about the safety of them. Seriosly, the popping is so violent that I felt it against my teeth!

Sorry Di, but IMHO I think it is wrong that these faulty/below par atomisers have to be sent back at a cost to the purchaser.

jangofett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Be glad they didn't work on your SD, one of these atties destroyed my SD by somehow melting the damned spring that was inside it. I'm not even sure how this is possible but one of the other suppliers told me that it was most likely a "short in the center post" of the atomizer. What bad luck I've had recently! :(

Lilac

Apr 2, 2010
Scotland
I received a batch of these as well....i initially thought they were okay on my GGTB once i'd gave them a good few drops of ejuice, they were bone dry...

then 3 of them died after roughly 24hrs use each....defo not up to Eastmalls usual standard.

I was certainly under the impression that faulty goods were normally returned at the seller's expense?

that was the case last week when i contacted Fishtec regarding my partner's new waders which were leaking badly...they sent me a prepaid label to return them, then replaced them by return mail.

jangofett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
The first things I ever ordered were from Eastmall. I've referred countless people to Eastmall over the past year. I never had a single problem with them. Sure, shipping has always been pretty hefty, but if you order enough stuff, it works out in the end. My last order had so many problems with it that I can no longer recommend Eastmall to anyone, and won't be using their services again personally. I entered my address correctly but for some reason they didn't put my apartment number on the shipping label. For this reason my package came all the way from china, and was sent all the way back by the post office. To Eastmall's credit, they did re-ship it at no additional cost with the correct address, although I fail to see why I should pay 17 bucks for express airmail shipping when it took over a month to get here. My riva didn't come with any instructions, and the LR901's not only didn't work at all, they actually caused damage to my PV. Now they're making us pay to ship the faulty product back? I understand that Eastmall needs to ensure that they make a profit, but their failure to take responsibility and do everything they can to please the customer really makes me perceive them as unprofessional. I hope all these issues will be taken care of swiftly. I've said my piece now.

gazzatip

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
norfolk england
i believe considering the business done in the past with them they should just replace the order and avoid any further expense both themselves and us there customers.
by this i mean just send out the replacements and end the matter there.
we all individually have too send our attys back to our organiser, who posts them to china and if and when we receive the new ones they then have to be redistributed to us, all at our cost, for what i and many others consider to be there faulty goods.
i dont know what the profit is for them or the gain for us but we certainly wont be getting a good deal if we add all our postage to what we are paying.
gaz..............

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
OK

EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN HERE

there is n o need for lots of expense here

Eastmall has a return centre in USA

so you get a choice of 2 places to return to ----

you can return to Chris there ]

AFTER YOU GET PERMISSION FROM SELINA - CUSTOMER SERVICE ---

from there they will be either replaced,
or your money returned,
this is how it usually works, ------

I know this is a nuisance,

but as I said
these 901 are not made by Eastmall, we do make some- -- a few products of our own --

but not this one, ---
and so we have to rely on the manufacturer like you do --

Please contact selina - customer service,

get the return process going for you all -------

Customer Service email :- support@eastmall.net

Hanow

Dec 11, 2010
Cornwall, UK
I too had items from this group order. The purpose for doing so is to support each other in saving money. By the time we all pay several times for transferring atties around UK, plus sharing return costs, few of us will have made much of a saving, and if they do not get replaced with functioning ones, it was have been an extremely expensive exercise.

That said, from what I have heard about Eastmall, they are reputable, and thus I assume honourable. Eternal optimist me! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread