Istick 100w

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Not as bad as those Sonys! Those things have such thin skin that mine are peeling right now because they feel insulted!

See, I've had no problems with any of the Sonys. 3/4 of my Sammys I've had to rewrap. One of my Sonys is rewrapped because I unwrapped it to inspect it better for authenticity.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Any reason to not just wrap the existing wrap? Why peel a torn/nicked cover?

Might end up so thick its hard to get in some mods. The Vapor Flasks are a tight fit. So is a GG Esterigon. Heck, the sigelei Mini is a tight fit. And that wrap I bought is really thick.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Well, back to the iStick 100w. ANY batteries you put in there are likely to get knicked/slashed because of the sharp edges on the battery cover. It's one of those "it will happen" things. :)

It took me awhile, but I finally figured out the approach to get them in there relatively unscathed. The SIg 150 TC, not so much.

Reactions: e-pipeman

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
It took me awhile, but I finally figured out the approach to get them in there relatively unscathed. The SIg 150 TC, not so much.

I've been putting my battery's in an out my sigelei 150 TC for way over 2 months and they still look as good as new with no nicks. As long as you push down on the button posts as you put them in, they go in without any problems. An getting them out is just as easy using the pull tab.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been putting my battery's in an out my sigelei 150 TC for way over 2 months and they still look as good as new with no nicks. As long as you push down on the button posts as you put them in, they go in without any problems. An getting them out is just as easy using the pull tab.

I've had the same experience. Keeping the batteries reasonably level really helps too.

Reactions: PD Vapes

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Last edited:

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
See, I've had no problems with any of the Sonys. 3/4 of my Sammys I've had to rewrap. One of my Sonys is rewrapped because I unwrapped it to inspect it better for authenticity.

I own a barrage of authentic Sony vtc4s and vtc5s. An it's the same for me, I've never once had a problem with the wrap.

If you're having issues with the wrap, you're more than likely buying fakes.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I own a barrage of authentic Sony vtc4s and vtc5s. An it's the same for me, I've never once had a problem with the wrap.

If you're having issues with the wrap, you're more than likely buying fakes.

Never once bought a fake battery (only ever buy from Illumn or Orbtronic) and I am not the only person that has issues with the wrappers from authentic Sony batteries. These were not VTC5s, they were VTC4s (from Orbtronic). I buy my Samsungs from Illumn.

Last edited:

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
Never once bought a fake battery (only ever buy from Illumn or Orbtronic) and I am not the only person that has issues with the wrappers from authentic Sony batteries. These were not VTC5s, they were VTC4s (from Orbtronic). I buy my Samsungs form Illumn.

I have VTC4s and VTC5s. In 2months none of them even have a nick in them. Being charged separately then being placed in my device(Sigelei 150w).

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have some vtc5s that are more than a year old. Actually, some vtc4s as well.

I don't typically keep cells around past 6-8 months, but I also don't buy large quantities either which means I am charging them more frequently due to not having large(r) supplies. When the VTC5 first came out (or, rather, was made known to vapers), was when I bought mine and retired those awhile ago. I still have a few VTC4s that got nicked up pretty good in my Sig, but my Sammies held strong. Of course, that is not to say that I did the exact same thing with them in terms of how I put them into the mod. I was likely not as careful at first as I should've been, so it stands to reason that I was far too aggressive with insertion.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I don't typically keep cells around past 6-8 months, but I also don't buy large quantities either which means I am charging them more frequently due to not having large(r) supplies. When the VTC5 first came out (or, rather, was made known to vapers), was when I bought mine and retired those awhile ago. I still have a few VTC4s that got nicked up pretty good in my Sig, but my Sammies held strong. Of course, that is not to say that I did the exact same thing with them in terms of how I put them into the mod. I was likely not as careful at first as I should've been, so it stands to reason that I was far too aggressive with insertion.

My mechs and high power boxes have all gotten new batteries recently. The older ones are rotating through my lower power setups. And I do have a lot of batteries. Two married pairs per dual battery mod, and 2 batteries for every other mod (minimum as I now have more than 2 per mod for the lower power boxes). The old Sonys are still holding a charge well. The only one I've lost was a fairly new Samsung.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My mechs and high power boxes have all gotten new batteries recently. The older ones are rotating through my lower power setups. And I do have a lot of batteries. Two married pairs per dual battery mod, and 2 batteries for every other mod (minimum as I now have more than 2 per mod for the lower power boxes). The old Sonys are still holding a charge well. The only one I've lost was a fairly new Samsung.

I figured you had a lot of batteries! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread