Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Hmm, whats a good one for flavor?
So is it more airflow = bigger clouds/less flavor and less airflow = more flavor/smaller clouds?

not sure that airflow is the biggest contributor one way or another - depends some on juice, coil build you are using - but airflow has an impact... I get decent flavor out of my dark horse using a dual coil .3ohm build (dual .6ohm coils) and wicking with cotton bacon - keep in mind, the airflow on the dark horse is pretty adjustable, so that you can dial it down as well as wide open... typically, the 'flavor chaser' and the 'cloud chaser' camps take pretty different stances on what is best - I tend to fall down the middle somewhere - while I am not averse to chuggin out a fog bank, I definitely prefer a more flavorful vape, given my 'druthers

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The 30W iStick will only fire down to 0.4 ohms and doesn't have a lot of cojones. I've seen folks put an RDA on it, but most of them upgrade to something with 50W plus very quickly. The dark horse is a popular atty though. Folks who have them love them. For flavor, my fave is the Tugboat V1, followed by the plume veil. They both make half way decent clouds and have a tight draw and great flavor. The dark horse is more of a cloud chaser.
So is it more airflow = bigger clouds/less flavor and less airflow = more flavor/smaller clouds?
For the most part, yes. But fluegel is right about there being more factors.

Make sure you do your research on coil building and battery safety before you venture into the realm of RDAs. It's less dangerous using regulated mods, but knowledge is power in any application.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have been looking at the Aris by Council of Vapor. Flavor chaser, not a steamthrower. And they look cool. ;-) No holes in the cover, so they don't leak when laid down on the side. I don't have one yet, however, and I hear they're persnickety until you find the right build, so maybe not a good one to start on. Flavor chasers usually do their best work at .4 or above, it's not for super low sub ohm builds. +1 on the stick 30 maybe being underpowered for a good dripper, and +101 on learning about Ohms Law and battery safety before getting too deep subohm, even on a regulated mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread