Istick 40tc dropping ohms randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
So im running a subtank mini with the nickel coils 0.15 ohm it was working a treat when it was in there for the first half a day but the ohm dropped to 0.12 and now i have to set it to max temp to get a good vape, if i unscrew the tank and put it back on and set it to a new coil it will run lovely at 420F but after about 30 mins it will drop back down to 0.12 and i have to set it to 600F again all this happens even if i lock the ohm in.

Has anyone else had this problem?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
This is a common problem with the Subtank Mini and the nickel OCC's. This is why I no longer use the Subtanks as temp control tanks. I currently use the Atlantis 2 and the Triton with Atlantis nickel coils and the Freemax Starre Pro with the Freemax nickel coil and don't have this problem at all. If you have to use the Subtank as a temp control tank with the nickel OCC, then you need the Sigelei 75 or one of the Yihi based TC mods like the SX Mini, IPV3Li or the IPV4. With these mods, you manually trigger the mod to detect the resistance of the nickel coil when you put the tank on the mod and that resistance gets locked in place and never "refines".

Reactions: jordycakes

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
Ahh right, so pretty much its the coils and tank, im glad its not the mod as i only just got it, and i wouldnt be happy after i stupidly got the Smok m80 plus a month ago which doesnt work! :(
I have just bought the Silo Beast tank which can take atlantis 2 coils so if thats the case ill get some vaper shark nickel coils for my beast

Thank you for the reply :D

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The Vaporshark Atlantis coils are great coils, although they are pretty pricey at about $22 for a pack of 5. Unless you are using a very sweet, coil gunking juice, they will last you forever. I have one in an Atlantis 2 on my Evic-VT and I have been using it for 5 weeks now and I have put through close to 100 ml of juice and it still vapes as good as the first day I put the coil in. With some sweeter, colored juices, they last me about 2 weeks. I've also tried the vAir-T coils, which are manufactured by Eigate (the parent company of Aspire). They're not as good. In a best case scenario, they only last me about 2 weeks, although they are half the price of the Vaporshark coils. The eLeaf nickel coils for the Melo/iJust2 and the Smok Subverter nickel coils are supposed to work in the Atlantis as well, although I haven't tried them yet. I have ordered some, but I'm still waiting to receive them from China.

I also have found that trying to clean the used coils by soaking them in vodka doesn't work very well. The second time using them, the coils seems to last me a little less than half the time the first time around does.

Reactions: jordycakes

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Well, if you read some of the reviews/comments about the iStick 40TC, some say that the temp sensing isn't all that accurate. In case you're in the market for a different mod, I would suggest checking out the Sigelei 75. It is pretty small and fits well in the hand and it can go all the way up to 75 watts in both kanthal and nickel mode. As I mentioned in my earlier post, you manually trigger and set the resistance, so it's not affected by the problem with the Subtank Mini nickel coils. The only downside is that being that it is powered by a single 18650, it can go through batteries pretty quick. I'm using a Freemax Starre Pro on it now and the tank has a 4 ml capacity. I'm using a Sony VTC5 battery and with the settings at 500 degrees F and 45 watts, one battery will last me just under two tankfuls of juice. Yesterday I was vaping pretty heavy on it and I went through about 2-1/2 batteries on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread