Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Next question, same order eleaf istick 50W kit, does it come with the wall charger or will it come with charger that plugs into my computer? Ordered from vaperoyalty.

Both. You could use the cable by itself and plug into the computer; or plug the cable into the wallwart and plug it into any electric outlet.

Andria

lldeb09

Sep 22, 2014
Benton, La.
The problems can be serious. Thus, somewhat high profile. It's not clear what the frequency of serious problems are though it seems quite a few have the minor quirk of changing between Voltage and Wattage on the display. It may be a small percentage that have serious failure problems, but percentages are not known.

Whether or not you get the wall charger or a cable depends on with you bought. Often those sold with a charger, cable and Ego adaptor are referred to as a 'full kit.' The full kits cost a bit more than the mod only. There are variants that include a cable only, I believe. Check your sales receipt (email?) and the listings on the site if you bought online.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey Dave...always good to see your posts.

My few weeks old 50w may be newer as well as I waited for restock. The only irregularity I have noticed is the occasional " the VV/VW dance." Does yours ever exhibit this?

It does. I usually attribute that to pocket presses or the way I hold it when I'm not vaping. Lots of people have said they look down to find that it has flipped from one mode to the other. I don't consider that more than an annoyance, but there's obviously some instability in the logic or the fire button. I'm betting on inadvertent logic state change.

Reactions: AndriaD

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Ok, that's good to know; I had told my husband about all this, with the 1A charging, and that the next one I buy, I would most likely get the full kit. Already got a 510/ego adapter, but never hurts to have a couple, and that higher amperage charging would sure get it charged faster. :thumb:

Andria

You can pick up a good USB charger in stores these days for under $5. Amazon also sells the ice cube size as well as the multi-port chargers. Pick one that is rated at 1A output.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You can pick up a good USB charger in stores these days for under $5. Amazon also sells the ice cube size as well as the multi-port chargers. Pick one that is rated at 1A output.

No reason to buy one separately, since I'm planning to get another iStick30 anyway. :)

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I purchased my iStick 50 the first week of March and I have not had the mod switch by itself from VV to VW, nor has it auto fired, nor has it auto shutdown, nor does it get warm when charging. I don't use it as much now since I've gotten my other mods, but I have recharged it at least 10 times now. The only issue that I have come across is if I depress the fire button with a light touch, on occasion it may stop firing after about a second or two for about half a second until I increase the pressure of my finger and it fires up again.

nickreese90

Apr 28, 2015
Kannapolis, NC
Damn, I know that sucks, and I feel you on that. I am building a DNA30 now, but as a once in a whiler I use my Maraxus clone, and I was using it with a SubTank Plus, I guess I was pushing it too much because the MechMod got really hot and I quickly pulled out the battery and held it. It kept getting hotter. Thankfully at work we have a huge pile of sand in the backlot because I ran out there and jammed it in and backed up afraid of shrapnel. It cooled down and works fine now. It has only done that once, but I think that was user error. I had 2 knockoff eGo pens as well and the fire button malfunctioned on me (both I was on the toilet, the exhaust fan allows me to smoke indoors) and I freaked out, ran outside to the garage, no pants on of course, and stuck the battery in the vicegrip and pulled the top cap off with channel locks. I snipped the leads to the fire button and it started to cool. I've got the worst luck with these things, that's why I'm building my own DNA30 with what I have researched and purchased myself lol

Reactions: Bikenstein

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It charges at 0.82A. I'm now using a 1A, but was using 0.5A. None have ever been warm while charging.

If you over draw from the charger it might drop the voltage output and the lower voltage into the charging circuit of the device might overheat or be damaged. It expects a certain input voltage and is designed to work with that input voltage. I need to do some measurement testing on this.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Took a picture, this is the one my iStick 50w came with.Like in my earlier post, i won't use it after my short test of it.
I don't use my eLeaf adapter either. Gets too hot when charging my iStick 50watt.

I was using it with a SubTank Plus, I guess I was pushing it too much because the MechMod got really hot

What battery were you using with your mech mod?
Were you using a IMR or IMR/hybrid "high drain", "safe chemistry" 20A CDR battery?
Were you using the 0.5Ω coil with your Subtank Plus?

Last edited:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've been using it for three months without a problem. This reminds me of people freaking out because of a lemon. Just be careful.

It's not freaking out because people have a lemon. It's because in the post before I posted the picture, when I used that charger and iStick got hot after 5 minutes of charging. That's why I won't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread