Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
This is horrifying. I've loved my 50 so much, and now I'm scared of it.

Is there any other setup with the battery life of the 50?
I will say keep in mind that this is just a handful of the many 100s or more like 1000s of units they've easily sold. But its good to be cautious and albeit paranoid to the issue at hand. Plus now you know what to look for if your unit begins to get wonky on you.

Reactions: Coldrake

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I will say keep in mind that this is just a handful of the many 100s or more like 1000s of units they've easily sold. But its good to be cautious and albeit paranoid to the issue at hand. Plus now you know what to look for if your unit begins to get wonky on you.
That's what I am trying to tell myself. I tend to be paranoid about stuff like this :/

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
I think that you either have a janky unit or you dont though. Put mine through a month of heavy use, expect id have encountered it by now. I think its safe to assume at this point that outside of fallout from a bad drop or something i got a solid one. Dont doubt there are some bad units bbut i wonder what variables exist as far as stuff damaged in shipping or mishandling at some point in chain of custody or how some of these people handle their isticks.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I think that you either have a janky unit or you dont though. Put mine through a month of heavy use, expect id have encountered it by now. I think its safe to assume at this point that outside of fallout from a bad drop or something i got a solid one. Dont doubt there are some bad units bbut i wonder what variables exist as far as stuff damaged in shipping or mishandling at some point in chain of custody or how some of these people handle their isticks.
Simply put....

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I know how to handle my stick...:) Seriously, I bought 2 at the same time. Never abused them, never ran them over 15 watts 4.2v or 4.7 amps, never dropped or left out in the rain. One up and started BLS one day, after several weeks, with no warnin and the other I'm usin right now with no serious problems. They have some minor problems with these 50s but they can cause major problems. I'm sure they are workin on a fix.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Charging bags are never a bad idea. Ive always been paranoid about leaving vape hardware plugged in after its done charging, or leaving it plugged in and leaving the house. Then again, im paranoid about leaving batteries inside mech mods too

I actually bought an iron pot from a kitchen supplies store a few months ago, and that's where I lay my single bay chargers to charge my 18650 batteries; I never actually bother to put the heavy iron lid on top,,, so far.

thesoulsniper1

Apr 27, 2015
Eleaf needs to do something. I know of another person this has happened to now. I'm just glad we don't have to use that 50 watt we got how. Very satisfied with my ipv mini 2. Same size, more power, same battery life, swappable batteries, presets. Its a fantastic device. The istick we have were scared even charge the thing much less use it. Elesf needs to get there act together.

I had an issue with my first istick 50w. It was replaced under warranty and I haven't had issues with the replacement. My first one had issues right away. It would continue firing after I removed my finger for a couple of tenths of a second. I thought maybe it just needed to go through a couple of charging cycles, then it acted okay for a little over week. It suddenly started auto firing, timing out at ten seconds and starting over until I removed the tank. I was sleeping when this happened and it woke me up.

I removed the subtank, which was very hot. The istick was not hot, just the subtank and residual heat. I thought maybe it was acting up due to a dying battery so I plugged it in. The charging battery symbol never went away and it had plenty of time to charge so I unplugged it; it continued to have the battery charging symbol like it thought it was still plugged in. It would still try to autofire but couldn't without the tank so the screen read "No Atomizer"

I sent it back and the company sent me a new one. It still had the battery charging symbol on the screen when I sent it back. The new one seems okay and hasn't showed the signs the first one showed right of the bat.

Reactions: Bikenstein

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I've started buying higher end mods, for 50 bucks, I guess this is what we end up with, although I haven't had a single problem with any of the iSticks, I have several of each wattage.

But who knows, maybe in a month or so we'll start hearing about SX Mini M's self-destructing....:)

Additionally, no problems with any DNA 40 chip mods I have either.

Have to believe its the quality control and inexpensive material being manufactured.

Its probably costing about $5.00 to build an iStick to sell it for less than 50 bucks.

Reactions: Bikenstein
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread