Istick 50w build in ohm reader or a separate device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
Hello veterans,

I got a little question, i think i know the answer but wanted to ask anyway.

I vape now for a month and just bought my first dripper. So i'll be soon building coils from low resistance till the high resistance. I'm aware that the istick 50w has a build in ohm reader. Is it safe enough to build coils based on that ohm reader, especially when i hit around the 0.2ohm? Which should be the limit what the istick can fire.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I guess my safest bet is just to get a separate ohm reader. But is it truly necessary, because it is a regulated mod with safety features build in.

Many thx.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Just a warning on running subohm on the iStick 50w, there are several threads about this. Many peeps have failing mods running subohm, it overheats the board, and goes crazy. Have to remember these are cheap chinese mods, I'm staying above 1.2 ohms with my 50w mods. Never charge them while sleeping, or away from them.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
While not strictly necessary, I find a separate meter more useful. A decent DMM will also let you check battery voltage, and you can check your build before installing it, and every step along the way.

And it seems that with many of the newer VV/VW mods, you have to briefly press the fire button for them to get a reading...

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I've found that I get a different ohm reading with the same atty on different mods, even on a box ohm reader and a DMM so I go by what mod I'm using to test the ohms and leave it on that mod until it's time to rebuild.

I also have an istick 50 and sub-ohm but I'm a bit nervous about it now after reading the threads about auto firing, exploding and venting so I won't be using the 50 for sub-ohm when it's time to rebuild.

Reactions: Ongeslepen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread