IStick basic acting weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiHonda

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Arizona
I just changed the coil, and when I went to vape, it tasted horrible. It's fully charged but now when I try to use it I press the button and it just flashes until I release the button. I've only had this for a couple weeks. What could be causing this?
Did you prime the new coil? Need to saturate it pretty well. As far as the device not firing and just flashes when you hit the fire button...maybe a short in the coil, coil isn't screwed in all the way. Could be a number of things. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Reactions: NU_FTW

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I have a check atomizer or no atomizer message I usually find a little e-Liquid on the 510 contact and a quick wipe with a paper towel fixes the problem. Along with priming the coil I like to take no power pulls and closing off the air flow to really get the coil wicking. Also start low and work your way up to your desired wattage or temperature settings.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When I have a check atomizer or no atomizer message I usually find a little e-Liquid on the 510 contact and a quick wipe with a paper towel fixes the problem. Along with priming the coil I like to take no power pulls and closing off the air flow to really get the coil wicking. Also start low and work your way up to your desired wattage or temperature settings.
Good advice but in this case not accurate. The Basic isn't adjustable and has no screen. It has a magnetic connection using sealed adapters to allow the use of either 510 or ego toppers so should not allow e-liquid into the connection.

and to the OP...Make sure that all of your connections are secure. The gs-air 2 that comes in the kit is a very nice simple topper so trouble shooting shouldn't be that difficult. Just make sure to tighten all connections. (coil, base and adapter). Your Basic can be turned off and on by pushing the fire button quickly 5 times. If after installing the new coil correctly and tightly it still doesn't work correctly then turn it off and then back on. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Nikki Baldwin

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just changed the coil, and when I went to vape, it tasted horrible. It's fully charged but now when I try to use it I press the button and it just flashes until I release the button. I've only had this for a couple weeks. What could be causing this?

Hi Nikki. Welcome to the ECF.

It could be the Coil you put in has Too Low of a Resistance for the iStick Basic. The Lowest the Basic is supposed to be able to Fire is 0.4 Ohms.

On the Outside of the Coil, does it say what Ohms it is?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
If you have other tanks (evod, protank II mini, etc) they will also fit.

I suspect you are just not making contact somehow. Wipe the inside and bottom of the magnetic connector, the 510 connection on the tankbefore you screw it on the connector, and the connection down in that well. Make sure the coil is screwed in good. Try another coil.

If you have another device, you can test the GS Air 2 tank without the magnetic piece. (As long as the other device will go low enough. The istick basic ships with .75 ohm coils I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread