iStick Pico kit with cCell Kanthal coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeosoth

Sep 17, 2015
Hello ECF!
A week or so ago, I managed to mess up both of my spare eGo AIO coils (forgot to turn the battery off when putting it in my pocket at work) which has resulted in an almost... meat-y flavour? It's rather nasty. So, I figured I'd use this opportunity to step up to a "proper" little mod. But as I mainly vape MTL, I figured both the 0.3 and 0.5 coils that come with the Melo 3 Mini-tank would be a bit too loose for me. I found that the tank fits the cCell Ceramic 0.9 Kanthal coils which would probably be decent enough for a loose MTL-vape with the airflow closed, but has anyone here had any experience with this setup or atleast these coils? I couldn't find too many reviews or anything on them.

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong subforum, it's nearly 6AM here in Sweden and I still haven't gone to sleep. Browsing the web for vapes is just too damn fun!

Reactions: Haktuspit

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If you're talking about the Vaperasso cCell coils, they work just fine with any of the Melo tanks.

And once they are used, they are absolutely great/the best to rebuild with.

The worse thing about ceramic is that if you use gunky liquid (high in sweeteners), they will clog the ceramic fairly fast. You can clean them to an extent (with hot water), but I've never had one that stayed "clean" long after cleaning them. It's easier to pull them apart and rebuild.

I tend to go with temp control, so I've been getting the NI ones, but overall, they should all work the same.

But as far as the sub-ohm range, it's fairly balance and you should be good with any coil. If you MTL, just set the wattage properly to not end up with gurgling but stay as low as you can as they can be fairly decent cloud producers. BTW, don't close the airflow completely... just about 3/4 and you should be fine.

Reactions: GemInEye
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread