Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

henya

Feb 12, 2017
Hi and Welcome- if you are using the Melo tank- try taking the coil out and tighten it back in, make sure the mouth piece top cover cap is on good too- also do not leave the tank on its side! If it still leaks try a new coil and prime it well before using! I don't know, I have had mine for almost a year and no leaking!

elow sir, wat do u mean to tighten?the coil? the new ecc was good only wen i changed the coil n cotton datz the tym it is leaking f i full my tank with juices... you see my ohms is .76, 4.77V n 30W.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
elow sir, wat do u mean to tighten?the coil? the new ecc was good only wen i changed the coil n cotton datz the tym it is leaking f i full my tank with juices... you see my ohms is .76, 4.77V n 30W.
Make sure you are not overfilling or getting eliquid in the center air tube! Take a qtip and run it down the air tube! Close off the air flow when adding liquid too! Do not try to fill all the way to the top! Try half full with eliquid in the tank! Blow down through the drip tip and wipe up the liquid with a paper towel handy!
Watch videos on the Melo tank and the Pico on You Tube- many tutorials on this device and tank! Sometimes it is easier to watch than explain!

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
melo III sir, i changed the coil of it my ecc den new fabric cotton.., then after that everytime i used to vape it is leaking... my ohms is 0.76, 4.77V and 30.0W... whats wrong to it?anyone can help me?
Are you using the coil that came with the pico kit?(stock coil) Or are you using the ECR coil that you can re-coil and re-wick yourself? Because of the ohms you listed, I am thinking you have a ECR coil. Are you putting enough cotton in the coil? You may just have to experiment a little with how much cotton to use.

Depending on how thick or thin your ejuice is can help to tell how much cotton to use.
Do you know the pg/vg that is in your ejuice? Is your ejuice thin, thick, or med thickness?
Thinner ejuice may cause a little leaking.

When the member snapdragon(in post above) said to tighten the coil, she means to make sure the the whole cartomizer/coil is screwed into the base firmly and not accidentally cross threaded.

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Are you using the ECR Rebuildable Coil Head like this?

0718447bd515f6ac5ac26dc47f050f14.png

And when you fill the Tank, do you Close the Airflow Control all the way?

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I picked up a Pico a few weeks ago just to have a small mod to take to work. The Melo Mini that came with it is actually the most trouble free tank out of the box I have ever used. I don't close afc when filling and have accidentally filled it all the way to the rim and have never had a single leak. Not a drop. I'm considering picking up a full size and trying the ceramic coils. The .3 coil and 2mm capacity make for a very short vape time. I have killed almost a full tank on my 20 minute commute to work.

Tap'd from my 7+

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
If it is a new atty sometimes the small silicone o-rings have been in them so long that they've taken on the shape of the area they've been compressed within. In addition the atty is assembled without any lubrication on them so when you unscrew the atty parts the o rings can be damaged and/or moved and with them now having a strange shape this can cause them not to seal.

To fix this carefully remove the existing o rings, as they will eventually regain their original shape and still be usable, and replace them with the spares provided. Be careful the new ones are not damaged with the sharp metal threads you have to get them over when being installed. A small piece of Sara Wrap over the threads will protect them, then remove the wrap.

Of course make sure all the o rings actually exist. Anywhere two metal pieces of the atty are joined and have juice coming in contact with the joint then it should have an o ring. Particularly true of the top and bottom of the coil, though some atty's use a flat silicone washer in the tank itself that the top of the coil simply presses against when screwed together as opposed to an o ring on the coil itself.

Reactions: zoiDman

Nener

May 17, 2017
Just wondered if you managed to fix your leaking Pico as mine got delivered yesterday and is leaking too (I think out of the airflow), and I'm not sure why. Last time I refilled it I made sure the airflow was closed and was hoping that would fix it, but it's still leaking. I'm currently using the .5 coil that came with it. Initially I had the .3 one in, but thought that may have been the problem, but obviously not. The juice I'm using is a 50/50 mix if that makes any difference. I haven't changed the o rings yet, but that will be my next step. Just thought you may have figured out a way to stop it leaking. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread