Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I just got this from MVS for 14.99 and I had extra isub coils, so I figured why not. But boy does Innokin have a dreadful track record with their tanks, and terrible customer service (they don't cover their tanks with a warranty they told me, fyi) . So I don't recommend anyone ever getting an Innokin tank. They really are junk...I just hate money.

Anyway, here are my initial thoughts. Please chime in with your experiences if anyone else has one:

I'd say the flavor is probably slightly less than the Apex, but not noticeably so from what I remember. It's good with my 2.0 coils. The Apex really was a dream until both of mine started leaking. Not sure if any of their other tanks will be quite that good on flavor, but this is close enough for me.

The very slight optimism I have for this one, aside from the price, is the simplicity compared to the Isub S tank. The S was actually incredible on performance for the few days that both of mine worked, but it was such a complicated setup with so many moving parts, that both of mine were broken, pretty much out of the box. And they leaked right away. The single worst tank I've ever purchased...and that's saying something. *looks at Aspire Triton*

As far as I can tell, the only 2 things that can break on the V is the airflow control, and the press-seal juice lock thing for when you fill (which is my bet if anything breaks.) I'm going to start doing some tests to see if it leaks, so I'll definitely shoot a flare up in the air if it does.

Also, the mouth to lung experience is very similar to the Apex...which is sorta hard to explain. With the 2.0 coils, you do get a great MTL by definition, but not really a tight draw. I closed it all the way, and used my Endura tip to see if I could get a nice tight draw (which btw I totally could on the S tank) but it didn't really work on the V. It seemed to allow too much vapor. Hard to explain though.

I haven't tried their new SS coil that came with it since I didn't enjoy their .5 coils much. Just let me know if anyone wants me to try it out though. The airflow does seem really nice wide open, so I'm betting it's better in that regard than previous versions.

Last edited:

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Sounds pretty "ok" to me, compared to your Apex experience. If you want to add the Cubis and the original PC iSub to your list of "don't buy unless you want a pathetic vaping experience". If the vortex tank doesn't leak, spit, gurgle or bubble, it's a major improvement. My T-18s are the best tanks I have from Innokin & I love their mods that I own. If you want an awesome tank, try the Anyvape Cerotank Mega - as soon as they come in again to the USA store, I'm ordering a 2nd one.

You asked about the SS 316 coils - yes, I'd like to know if they're worth the hype since the work with TC and Watts, which I find fascinating. Keep us posted, drysprocket! Thanks again.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Sounds pretty "ok" to me, compared to your Apex experience. If you want to add the Cubis and the original PC iSub to your list of "don't buy unless you want a pathetic vaping experience". If the vortex tank doesn't leak, spit, gurgle or bubble, it's a major improvement. My T-18s are the best tanks I have from Innokin & I love their mods that I own. If you want an awesome tank, try the Anyvape Cerotank Mega - as soon as they come in again to the USA store, I'm ordering a 2nd one.

You asked about the SS 316 coils - yes, I'd like to know if they're worth the hype since the work with TC and Watts, which I find fascinating. Keep us posted, drysprocket! Thanks again.

Ya no spitting or gurgling/bubbling in this, but I don't usually get that from isubs generally. It's actually he saving grace that keeps me coming back. The big question is the leaking. Time will tell. And ya I'll give the SS316 a shot this week and report back.

Btw, side question that I've been dying to bring up more- does your T18 not flood/juice in your mouth? It's actually the only Innokin tank I've used that does. It does give that nice tight draw, but I always end up with a mouth full of juice, even if I only very lightly pull on it. It just builds and builds, no matter what drip tip I use and works it's way into my mouth about 4+ times a tank. I've used tons of different coils, and I've tried this on 2 different T18's and a T22. It's really weird that no one mentions this. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnaVapes

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Ya no spitting or gurgling/bubbling in this, but I don't usually get that from isubs generally. It's actually he saving grace that keeps me coming back. The big question is the leaking. Time will tell. And ya I'll give the SS316 a shot this week and report back.

Btw, side question that I've been dying to bring up more- does your T18 not flood/juice in your mouth? It's actually the only Innokin tank I've used that does. It does give that nice tight draw, but I always end up with a mouth full of juice, even if I only very lightly pull on it. It just builds and builds, no matter what drip tip I use and works it's way into my mouth about 4+ times a tank. I've used tons of different coils, and I've tried this on 2 different T18's and a T22. It's really weird that no one mentions this. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for keeping all of us updated - my only iSub is the one that came with my CoolFire IV and it is an awful tank, it leaks, gurgles & sometimes spits and I truly despise it.

My T-18s (I have three now) are jewels! I have had ZERO problems with them - no leaks, no gurgling, no sputtering, no spitting, they are quiet, make great clouds and the coils last a lonnnnnnnnnng time. I wonder if you got a dud? Presently, I have a T-22 tank on order from FastTech and I hope it performs as well as my T-18s have for me. I can chain vape mine and the worst that happens is the drip tip gets a little warm when I do that. I have used juices from 50/50 up to 65VG/35PG and nary a problem with any of them, ever. I'm sorry to hear you've had flooding/spitting problems with yours.

Reactions: drysprocket

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I have one "original" Isub.........4 Isub G tanks..........One Isub S..........and two Isub Apex, and I love them.
No leaks, no spitback, no gurgling.
I lung hit and use the .50 ohm coils with the airflow wide open, around 20-30 watts depending upon liquid.
I tried the 2.0 ohm coils and didn't care for them at all.
Never tried the .2 ohm coils.
I like the "S" the best as it is glass with the top fill capability.
The other tank I currently own is an Aspire Triton 2.0 and It's ok, but not great. Not enough airflow.
I have owned the Eleaf Lemo, and the Lemo 2 and absolutely hated both of them.

May have to order a "V" and give it a try:)

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I have one "original" Isub.........4 Isub G tanks..........One Isub S..........and two Isub Apex, and I love them.
I lung hit and use the .50 ohm coils with the airflow wide open, around 20-30 watts depending upon liquid.
The other tank I currently own is an Aspire Triton 2.0 and It's ok, but not great. Not enough airflow.

It's nice to hear positives about the iSubs - if I'd had good results with mine, I'd probably be 'in love' with them, too. ... like with my T-18s & my Anyvape Cerotank Mega. Thanks for letting me know about the Eleaf lemos - I had been toying with the idea of trying them & now I shall not. :)

Reactions: whodat2112

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have a soft spot for my three original iSubs.
They won't match my top performing RTAs, but I like having them around.
Light, reliable... nice on a small pocket-able mod for a run to the store.
I'm actually amazed the "German PC" threading has never broken down.

Ten months or more now and the only oddity is the fixed DT will be too large for many.
The only actual complaint is the wicked loud pop... first draw of the day.
Gotta hold that puppy at arms length to avoid a heart attack. :p

I never got the new gen tanks though I have considered the S, still may.
At first glance, this V looks to be stripped down... like a top-fill G. I like that.

I've not had the leaks or flooding others report. In fact, I'm using two of the RBA heads now, without the leaking or dry hits I expect from many of my other small RBA heads. Might buy a third.

May throw in a V if or when I do. :D

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I'm another one who loves the iSub G. That's the only version of their tanks I have, but I have three of them, and I've never had one gurgle, spit back, or leak. Ever. Now that the "POP" has been mentioned, I remember I used to have that problem, too, but it stopped at some point, and I don't know why. I know when I first started using the first one, I was just starting to get into sub-ohming, and I was using the .5 ohm coil on the Disrupter at 11 or 12 watts (long, slow pulls). That's when I'd get the loud bang that almost made me jump out of my skin. But when I discovered the flavor lived at 30+ watts, that popping seems to have stopped. At least I THINK that's when it was. I just don't remember. Those of you that are getting pops on the first use of the day, what wattage are you using? I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I wish I could remember exactly when the popping stopped, but I have to say I haven't experienced it in a LOOOOONG time. I got these tanks last summer, the first one around August and the next two a month or so after that, and aside from that popping on the first firing of the day (which has now stopped), I've never had a problem with them, and they're my favorite tanks now. I have all three with different flavors and they're in my daily rotation every day.

(It's a good thing I read this over before I posted, so I could change "pooping" to "popping." I have a farm, so "poop" is a common daily occurrence around here, and I often type that by mistake! LOL!)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have a soft spot for my three original iSubs.
They won't match my top performing RTAs, but I like having them around.
Light, reliable... nice on a small pocket-able mod for a run to the store.
I'm actually amazed the "German PC" threading has never broken down.

Ten months or more now and the only oddity is the fixed DT will be too large for many.
The only actual complaint is the wicked loud pop... first draw of the day.
Gotta hold that puppy at arms length to avoid a heart attack. :p

I never got the new gen tanks though I have considered the S, still may.
At first glance, this V looks to be stripped down... like a top-fill G. I like that.

I've not had the leaks or flooding others report. In fact, I'm using two of the RBA heads now, without the leaking or dry hits I expect from many of my other small RBA heads. Might buy a third.

May throw in a V if or when I do. :D

Ya the original isub was solid, but I can't stress enough how much you should NOT get the S tank. I just ran into this youtube video today talking about the leaking, and I've heard it confirmed by others somewhere as well. (this video is a bit of a babble fest)

The performance was nice with the S, but it's a Frankenstein's monster of complexity. Not worth it. This V seems to be much better so far. I think there are far better tank options out there, but if you're gonna go with an iSub- I'd say this V, or stick with the G. Apex and the S are on the no-fly list.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I keep wondering HOW Innokin doesn't see any of the negative reviews, nor do the sites that sell these products. Perhaps the Q.C. isn't as good as we'd all like, hence the fanboys and the haters of all the various brands of tanks. But I'm still a newer vaper, I guess... just since Christmastime. I was looking at the S and the G - but it sounds like the G and V would ostensibly be viable options, but def. not the S or the Apex. My dream is a little dripper gadget that has pre-built coils that I could pop on to test all my ejuices without 'dirtying up a tank' - but so far, I haven't seen anything like that. Drip - taste - drip another flavor - taste - etc. Then go back to my tanks for regular vaping sessions. Just color me a 'dreamer'.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
My dream is a little dripper gadget that has pre-built coils that I could pop on to test all my ejuices without 'dirtying up a tank' - but so far, I haven't seen anything like that. Drip - taste - drip another flavor - taste - etc. Then go back to my tanks for regular vaping sessions. Just color me a 'dreamer'.

There are little "bridgeless" atomizers, as well as tiny RDAs that are popular for taste testing.

But... complex recipes will have different notes "pop" with differences in temp, airflow, design of tank, etc. So at some point, it can become more of a hassle than a benefit.

Depends on ones' palette I suppose.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Ya the original isub was solid, but I can't stress enough how much you should NOT get the S tank. I just ran into this youtube video today talking about the leaking, and I've heard it confirmed by others somewhere as well. (this video is a bit of a babble fest)

The performance was nice with the S, but it's a Frankenstein's monster of complexity. Not worth it. This V seems to be much better so far. I think there are far better tank options out there, but if you're gonna go with an iSub- I'd say this V, or stick with the G. Apex and the S are on the no-fly list.

What's funny, to me at least, is that my "S" has never leaked at all. The Apex seeps a tiny bit, the "G" seeps a tiny bit, but the "S" and the original have never leaked or seeped at all.
I have owned many brands of tanks and all have seeped a bit except for the "S" and the original..........who knows????

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
What I like about all of the Isub series is that they don't require huge amounts of wattage to get good amounts of both vapor and flavor, which keeps the vapor relatively cool to me.
I tried my friends Herakles Plus at work and in order to get nice amounts of vapor you had to push about 70 - 80 watts thru it, and to me it made the vapor too warm.

To each his own, and I guess that's why tank options are pretty much endless:)

I am referring to the .50 ohm coils.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

I'm curious about why you hated the Lemo? I was gifted a brand new authentic Lemo a few weeks ago. Have yet to do anything with it and don't know if I will. I've read about the 'floating' airflow adjuster and a supposed fix for it. Are there other problems?

What I like about all of the Isub series is that they don't require huge amounts of wattage to get good amounts of both vapor and flavor, which keeps the vapor relatively cool to me.
I tried my friends Herakles Plus at work and in order to get nice amounts of vapor you had to push about 70 - 80 watts thru it, and to me it made the vapor too warm.

To each his own, and I guess that's why tank options are pretty much endless:)

I am referring to the .50 ohm coils.
I bought the CoolFire 4 TC100 starter kit, which came with this tank. Not only were the coils that came with it duds, but I get horribly muted flavor on the .5 ss coils. Am I just running too much wattage through this thing, or do iSubs just have horrible flavor? A lot of people seem to like them, like this guy...

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Makes me laugh when people go on how every tank they use leaks. Perhaps it is the owner that vapes a tank in a way the tank was not designed for. I own allot of tanks. The owner of our local store, every tank he uses leaks, yet I have the same tanks from him and my tanks never leak. Seems people that complain about leaky tanks are mostly mouth to lung and vape low watts where I am a strait lung hitter at around 42 to 65 watts. Leaky tanks is mostly all user error in my opinion. When a coil gets old and worn out and wick can no longer do its job what does one expect to happen? Where you think the juice should go? If a tank is designed for lots of air and juice flow and you vape at low wattage it does not get all vaped up, then you pull even more juice in with another vape, what happens with the excess juice? Juice has to go somewhere. Personally I think the Isub tank for the money are one of the best low watt tanks ever produced but they must run at least 22 - 30 watts. At that wattage they throw clouds like most other lung tanks at 45 -50 watts. I guess the morel of my story is if your tank always leaks then turn up the wattage and vape them how they were designed for. Every tank has a sweet spot and our job is to find that sweet spot. CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: chinolofus

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Makes me laugh when people go on how every tank they use leaks. Perhaps it is the owner that vapes a tank in a way the tank was not designed for. I own allot of tanks. The owner of our local store, every tank he uses leaks, yet I have the same tanks from him and my tanks never leak. Seems people that complain about leaky tanks are mostly mouth to lung and vape low watts where I am a strait lung hitter at around 42 to 65 watts. Leaky tanks is mostly all user error in my opinion. When a coil gets old and worn out and wick can no longer do its job what does one expect to happen? Where you think the juice should go? If a tank is designed for lots of air and juice flow and you vape at low wattage it does not get all vaped up, then you pull even more juice in with another vape, what happens with the excess juice? Juice has to go somewhere. Personally I think the Isub tank for the money are one of the best low watt tanks ever produced but they must run at least 22 - 30 watts. At that wattage they throw clouds like most other lung tanks at 45 -50 watts. I guess the morel of my story is if your tank always leaks then turn up the wattage and vape them how they were designed for. Every tank has a sweet spot and our job is to find that sweet spot. CHEERS!

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm...I mean it has to be, right.

This tank, as well as all isub's are also designed for 2.0 coils- rated 10-16 watts. Not everyone uses the .5's. And it's not user error, but I'm really happy that you've been fortunate with your hardware. Great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread