It appears Illinois is "safe" for vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

antism

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
My opnion is people naturally recognize smoke by smell and not site. I have mentioned this to a few other vaping pals and they agreeded. Maybe people just don't pay attention.

I agree on the smell recognition, but I've noticed people do pay attention.

I've vaped in everything from grocery stores, to cafes, restaurants, pubs, clubs and everything in between. People will do a double take if they see you blowing out a smoke like substance from your mouth. I've noticed this with large and small puffs.

But as you've mentioned, there is no smell...and to top it off, the vapor doesn't linger even half the time smoke does, not to mention the lack of a burning stick spilling smoke into the air.

I wonder if they assume they're seeing things :p

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
I agree on the smell recognition, but I've noticed people do pay attention.

I've vaped in everything from grocery stores, to cafes, restaurants, pubs, clubs and everything in between. People will do a double take if they see you blowing out a smoke like substance from your mouth. I've noticed this with large and small puffs.

But as you've mentioned, there is no smell...and to top it off, the vapor doesn't linger even half the time smoke does, not to mention the lack of a burning stick spilling smoke into the air.

I wonder if they assume they're seeing things :p

LOL this thread is great, i've had a lot of similar experiences.

I've had officers ask me what am I smoking, and after I'm done explaining what a PV is, they ask "where can I get one of those?"

I use my e-cig all the time at all-state arena, never had anyone stop me.

In bars, I always have people asking me what I'm using and where can they order one. I'm even considering ordering some wholesale and vaping away in my favorite bars with a business card handy to re-sell my own!

I pretty much have a word-for-word explanation of what a PV is for when I get the questions.:D

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Very good to know. I agree, IL is all about the money.

Haven't tried it in public yet. I figure I'll give it a whirl at the bars but not eating places....I can hear it now, it won't have to do with second hand smoke, it will have to do with their rugrats being influenced....I don't think I am in the mood these days for a fight with some soccer Mom.

I wish they'd bring back smoking, we don't go out to eat near as much because now the rugrats have taken over what use to be the nonsmoking sections. I'll even keep going outside to vape, just have a no children section please!

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
i came across someone sitting in the public library on the northside of chicago today and he was puffing on his 510! one of the first times i've randomly ran into another vaper in public...it was great! i couldnt talk loudly, but i walked past him and held up my PV and PCC and we both exchanged smiles and a nod, lol. he didnt seem to have any problems using his PV openly in the library

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
Hi! I'm out in the western burbs, and I vape everywhere. People give me an occasional odd look and a few have asked, but mostly they move on. A few have stopped to argue with me, but then I moved on. Hell, I even went to my doctor today and was vaping in the waiting room. Not a word was said.

Of course, I carry a Silver Bullet and an Xhaler so it doesn't look anything like a cigarette. I think this helps, and most people tend to think its some sort of medical inhaler.

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com
I live in Cahokia, IL bout 8 miles from St Louis, crazy all the looks ya get, think i need to carry box of ecig pamphlets with me, seems every other person asks about them after they take a double take look so you have explain the ecig thing them,, I think just handing out info be easier,,,lol Oh btw I've only found one person in st. Louis area sells eliquid, get this he delivers it to ya in an hour for $3.50, now that's service, charges $1.00/ml but still get goods that quick is awesome, just do a search on craigslist for ecig or eliquid in st louis area,, I did got 20ml of 24mg Marlboro in like 30 minutes way cool.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread