It finally died.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Im literally in mourning. My sigelei 50w died yesterday. I dropped this guy several times a day sometimes on concrete, and it still kept going. And going.And going. Everyone who knows me knows I"m a bit rough on phones and ecigs, and they all couldn't believe how tough that little bugger was. I've had it about 2 years or so, daily use, took it to work every day. Never had the slightest problem out of it. I think I gave around 25 dollars for it, and sure got my money's worth and more.

I feel like I lost an old friend! Truly, I do!

I know I can get another, but it won't be the same. Off to look for a new one that might do as well.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
This is a good thread...old reliables, like my grandmother's 1970 Plymouth Valiant that she didn't want to part with when it finally died.

Right now I'm waiting for my 18 month old istick 50 to give up the ghost. A day hasn't gone by where it's sat idle since I bought it. It's been my constant companion on thousands of miles of interstate, crossed borders, both by land and air, between countries multiple times, and is by my side at work every day. I've dropped it, spilled water on it, leaked juice all over it, left it baking in 120 degree cars all day, and it just keeps going. It's been rubbed so much that its metallic blue finish has now turned a lovely shade of purple! I only recently finally got a silicone sleeve to keep it "safer".

Throughout all this time, I've pushed it progressively harder, starting with Kayfuns at less than 20 watts, working up to a subtank at 25-30, and now dual clapton Protank 4's at 40 watts. It just keeps going, taking on anything I throw at it.

I have lots of much better stash waiting in the wings to replace it, but I just don't want to retire it. It's my old friend! So far hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, but when it does die I will mourn its passing!

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Sigelei has taken a beating lately with the whole temp control fiasco, but man their early mods could take a beating. My Sigelei 100w is all scuffed up but it is still going strong. I have bounced it of the pavement at least 15 times. It finally got knocked out of the daily rotation by the Therion. Still love that mod, it got me off smokes.

Reactions: jambi

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
sWRd0p8.gif

Reactions: bonnienclyde

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
So sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. I think of my SIG150. Tried and true. Through thick and through thin. She sits on the shelf mostly these days but I know I can always count on her. With threads like these, it reminds me of her mortality. I cannot bear the thought.

Any way, RIP ole Sig50, you will be sorely missed. Memorial guest book signed and flowers sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread