It seems that no matter what I do I can't get the primer out of my atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilych

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
I got some joyetech 501 atomizers to try dripping, and it seems I can't get all the primer out. I willl blow and blow and blow, and think I have it all out. However, when I try to drip it tastes horrible, which i assume is because there is still primer on it.
I've read countless guides, and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Have any of you had this problem with these specific atomizers, or am I just doing something wrong?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I got some joyetech 501 atomizers to try dripping, and it seems I can't get all the primer out. I willl blow and blow and blow, and think I have it all out. However, when I try to drip it tastes horrible, which i assume is because there is still primer on it.
I've read countless guides, and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Have any of you had this problem with these specific atomizers, or am I just doing something wrong?

Try cleaning it out with baking soda

Also might be your vaping technique that causes it to taste icky after a while

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

Try puff puff puffing on it instead of one long hard drag...

ilych

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA, USA

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I'll try this baking soda thing. I'm pretty sure it's not my technique. It tastes terrible on my first "puff" right after cleaning it out, and won't go away.
What kind of battery are you running it on and do you know the resistance of the coil in the atomizer?

Could be you are getting straight juice in your mouth...how many drops of juice do you put in your atty?

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here is a thread started by Mr. Mann who is quite experienced with the Joye 510 atty. Read through it and ask questions. The people who frequent that thread are very nice and helpful.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

I am sure that you will get your problems solved. This thread is provided as additional info to the excellent help that WarHawk is providing you.

ilych

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Here is a thread started by Mr. Mann who is quite experienced with the Joye 510 atty. Read through it and ask questions. The people who frequent that thread are very nice and helpful.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

I am sure that you will get your problems solved. This thread is provided as additional info to the excellent help that WarHawk is providing you.
I will start looking through that thread. thank you!

What kind of battery are you running it on and do you know the resistance of the coil in the atomizer?

Could be you are getting straight juice in your mouth...how many drops of juice do you put in your atty?

They are 2.3 ohms, so I've been trying between 3.3 and 3.8V on my vision spinner.
I'm pretty sure it's not just straight juice. I've tasted the juice before, and this is way different. I'm only putting 3 drops on the atty which is what i was recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread