itaste 134 mini problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megamain

Nov 7, 2016
I bought my first vape from vapor maven in Nevada no and every time I tried to use it it makes a weird buzzing noise and it vibrates I get worried about it so I brought it in for a diagnostic check and the person who sold it to me no longer worked there so I asked another employee and they told me that there was a terrible short in the button mod section and that it could blow up anytime so I tried to get a refund or return but they wouldn't do it for me I had only had it for a week and I brought the receipt in I payed a bit for it and it frustrates me is there any way to fix it?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since you bought the device at that store, only had it for a week, and you had the receipt ... why wouldn't they accept a return for a defective device that the store sold you? :blink:

Shouldn't matter if the employee who sold you the device no longer works there. :mad:

I would return to the store and ask to speak to the store manager for an explanation. That is not acceptable business practice. I would threaten filing with the Better Business Bureau.

Sorry about your unfortunate experience. I don't believe I would buy from that store again.

Reactions: sawlight

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't since then I ordered my wismec reulaux rx2/3 online and its been more than great using it I did file with the BBB but the store hasn't done anything about it I want to get it fixed so that I have something for a lower build tank
I wouldn't attempt to fix it myself. Your only recourse may be to contact Innokin, the manufacturer of the device. Should be a warranty. Vape, Electronic cigarette - Innokin

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I bought my first vape from vapor maven in Nevada no and every time I tried to use it it makes a weird buzzing noise and it vibrates I get worried about it so I brought it in for a diagnostic check and the person who sold it to me no longer worked there so I asked another employee and they told me that there was a terrible short in the button mod section and that it could blow up anytime so I tried to get a refund or return but they wouldn't do it for me I had only had it for a week and I brought the receipt in I payed a bit for it and it frustrates me is there any way to fix it?
Welcome and glad you joined. Might want to let folks know bad B&M performance. Could tell you story in this sub forum:
Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

Megamain, welcome to ECF. I'm no expert but I do use a 134 mini. I have used it for several months and I often experience a weird buzz from the unit. I first noticed it as a vibration in my little finger at the bottom of the unit, by the battery cap.

It's my understanding that this is caused by the pulse width modulation method of voltage control. It doesn't happen all the time and sometimes I can hear it or other times it's just a vibration. Even thought it's annoying, AFAIKT it is normal for this type of mod. It is sometimes known as "Rattlesnaking".

About your reference to "something for a lower build tank" I don't think the 134 does sub-ohm coils, it maxes out at 12.5W and 5A.

Sorry to hear about that store - It's busted but we won't replace it - is exactly the wrong answer.

Keep on vapin'
Red

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's my understanding that this is caused by the pulse width modulation method of voltage control. It doesn't happen all the time and sometimes I can hear it or other times it's just a vibration. Even thought it's annoying, AFAIKT it is normal for this type of mod. It is sometimes known as "Rattlesnaking".
The "Rattlesnake Effect" was a relatively common discussed phenomenon a couple of years ago, and often became a hot debate. The articles below are a couple which I have kept in my file system:

Provari on an Oscelloscope vs a Vamo
Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc
The Different Types of Power In E-Cigs

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    So much was the fuss that someone got stuck wearing this avatar..
    realmen.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Actually, I thought the problem was the way the vape was delivered, not a vibration in the mod??
    You are correct. Not everyone could even hear the rattling sound, and not everyone could tell if the vape delivered was different from other mods. In most cases one didn't know what type of regulation was being used unless the mod was bench tested on an oscelloscope. However, Provari users usually described their vape as being "smoother" than their other mods. I often described the vape from my cheaper regulated mods as being harsh because of the rattlesnake processor.

Reactions: r77r7r
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread