Status
Not open for further replies.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
LovinTheVapor
I went to a local Vape show today and am very perplexed. Not one tank I tried (Evod, ProTank II, etc) would fire on my MVP V2. Anyone have any ideas?

well then the MVP must be bad because if a protank wont fire, it's a 510 thread like a carto
so...

have you got ANYTHING TO FIRE ON IT YET ?? :confused:

Only the iClear 16's that came with it...they work like a champ. But everything else I tried today (maybe 8 different ones) wouldn't do anything. I really don't get it :confused:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I went to a local Vape show today and am very perplexed. Not one tank I tried (Evod, ProTank II, etc) would fire on my MVP V2. Anyone have any ideas?

I was at Adrenaline today too. With how helpful everyone there is and the fact that so many tables had the MVP it seems someone should have been able to help.

I don't have mine yet (hopefully tomorrow I will) but my first thought is, did you have the beauty ring on? Second thought is do you usually ratchet your devices down tight - if so you may have pushed the pin on the MVP too far in.

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I use the iClear 16's that came with mine,and a Pro Tank II. They all work well! I did read somewhere that a person was having the same problems that you are,and it was the "beauty ring" being too long,to let the "tank" models work (not enough contact). They changed the ring for another one,and all worked well.Did you try them with the ring off,or on?

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
According to the manual the MVP 2.0 will complete a charge in 4 hrs or less depending on the level of discharge the battery has. Will leaving it on the charger "over night" 6-8 hrs. hurt the battery,or does it have cut off mode,so it won't "over charge" the battery?:unsure: Ron

The MVP does cut itself off when charged. The green LED will go out when done. I've left mine plugged in with no issues.

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
LovinTheVapor

well then the MVP must be bad because if a protank wont fire, it's a 510 thread like a carto
so...

have you got ANYTHING TO FIRE ON IT YET ?? :confused:

Only the iClear 16's that came with it...they work like a champ. But everything else I tried today (maybe 8 different ones) wouldn't do anything. I really don't get it :confused:

I use the iClear 16's that came with mine,and a Pro Tank II. They all work well! I did read somewhere that a person was having the same problems that you are,and it was the "beauty ring" being too long,to let the "tank" models work (not enough contact). They changed the ring for another one,and all worked well.Did you try them with the ring off,or on?

I have read that the beauty ring can be an issue. It's mainly used for 510 to Ego conversion.

I would leave the ring off. It adds unnecessary weight and doesn't look that good.

Spmxk

Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

Bought my MVP2 at ECC in California and I love it so far! Here's what I've been using with it so far:
Evod
ProTank 2
Carto Tank (Boge 510 Standard)
Kanger Mini T3S
iClear 16 and 30
Vision VT

All of them have fired perfectly and I haven't had anything go wrong so far other than cranking the wattage too high (oops :)) I've had to make sure the Evod was screwed in properly though otherwise it wouldn't fire. What ohms are you using with your tanks too? I would check the pins on your clearos/tanks, as well as clean off the connection on the MVP. Otherwise it may be faulty circuitry :(

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Thanks for all the replys. No beauty ring being used, connection clean, works great with iClears (I've tested 5 diff ones), and all other brand tanks would work with other devices...must be faulty circuitry. I've also had a prob with my battery reader (counter never reads below 3.8) so I must have gotten a dud. Looks like my V2 is heading back to China :(

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
Thanks for all the replys. No beauty ring being used, connection clean, works great with iClears (I've tested 5 diff ones), and all other brand tanks would work with other devices...must be faulty circuitry. I've also had a prob with my battery reader (counter never reads below 3.8) so I must have gotten a dud. Looks like my V2 is heading back to China :(

Man,that stinks!:facepalm:

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
I was at Adrenaline today too. With how helpful everyone there is and the fact that so many tables had the MVP it seems someone should have been able to help.

I don't have mine yet (hopefully tomorrow I will) but my first thought is, did you have the beauty ring on? Second thought is do you usually ratchet your devices down tight - if so you may have pushed the pin on the MVP too far in.

It was a great show, wasn't it? I had numerous people look at it today, but no one could figure it out. That's why I rushed here to ask all of you :)

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland

If you bought it from Fasttech I believe they have a return facility in Florida.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

wow, that's a bummer (where from?) so it goes 4.9-5.0-3.8-3.9etc? , you're saying?

and iclear16 & iclear30 ? they both work real good - that's just weird

have you tried to put an 510/ego adapter in, just to see if it works ??
the adapter and the beauty ring looks/is flush, just adds some height, but works (played with it on mine)

sure hope you get it figured out... ! :ohmy:

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
If you bought it from Fasttech I believe they have a return facility in Florida.

Yep, from FT. Unfortunately they're on holiday through the 6th.

wow, that's a bummer (where from?) so it goes 4.9-5.0-3.8-3.9etc? , you're saying?

and iclear16 & iclear30 ? they both work real good - that's just weird

have you tried to put an 510/ego adapter in, just to see if it works ??
the adapter and the beauty ring looks/is flush, just adds some height, but works (played with it on mine)

sure hope you get it figured out... ! :ohmy:

Yes, all the other buttons/functions work correctly. The battery power meter drops down from 4.2 (directly after charging) normally, but when it hits 3.8 it just stops counting down. It stayed on "3.8" until it died in my hand.

The vendors at the show tried an 510 adapter to no avail :( Sigh...I just got a funky one.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Right.
Figured I could live with a small glitch like that and just measure batt life via the puff counter. But now with the odd atty problem, I'll def send this one back.
It's times like these that FT's cheap prices don't seem like such a bargain though. Took 17 days of long, hard waiting to get this one.

I just had a similar problem with my MVP v2.0. I was changing to another clearomizer, when I noticed my vivi nova would not fire. I switched to one of my IClears, same thing. I put back on the one I was just using, and it worked. I also use a beauty ring, and they all would work without it on. I looked inside to connecter, and it appeared to be very close to the base. so I cleaned it with a dab of alcohol, then took a knife and gently picked the center post up away from the battery. ( I should have used tweezers, but I didn't). After that, they all worked again! :D It seems that it had gotten stuck in a depressed position, which along with the height of the beauty ring, and me over tightening the clearomizers, caused the problem.

So check and see if your battery pin is too low to make contact with your atomizer before you send it all the way back to china.
I Hope this helps,
CheshireCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread