kittzgreat!

o92.gif

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I agree with everything Dirk and TO said. The SVD is a good mod - I like it. But not nearly as much as a Provari. And the DNA20's are good too, but it's not like they're cooking me breakfast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now. I change VW no less often than I change VV. Sometimes between vapes, because I feel like something a little different. "Set it and forget it" was a pretty smart marketing ploy for the Kick, since it really wasn't conducive to switching settings. But, in reality, it was just that - a ploy.

Flame away, flamers. I've got better things to worry about today.

What people don't seem to understand is that the ProVari is variable wattage. Every time you change the voltage the wattage changes.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What people don't seem to understand is that the ProVari is variable wattage. Every time you change the voltage the wattage changes.

Well, with that logic any ole battery is variable VW as the wattage changes when you use atomizers with different Ohms. Also, an unregulated battery would be an automatic VW as the wattage goes down as the battery looses power :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well, with that logic any ole battery is variable VW as the wattage changes when you use atomizers with different Ohms. Also, an unregulated battery would be an automatic VW as the wattage goes down as the battery looses power :)

In the bigger scheme of things, yep. :)

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
The 33 Hz mods are all "variable wattage", even on the same setting with the same atty, since they seem to be unable to deliver consistent voltage (wattage-whatever), no matter what their pretty displays tell you.

I had a pic about this, but the PG-level adult content of a girl wearing a bathing suit under a dress shirt has been deemed offensive, so Katheryn will stay in bed this morning. She had a long night, anyway, so perhaps it is best for everyone this way...

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
hold on kids!!!!

A Vamo or SVD with a cheap non imr cell would be torture to me.
A Provari with a cheap cell will act normally but just not last as long on the charge.

Most who use mechanicals wouldn't go near a cheap cell as the who device is useless without great power delivery. I'm referring to amperage output under load on a scope. Yeah I've done that stuff too!

the actual amperage draw on a regulated device like the provari is nearly double of that same coil on a mechanical.
believe it or not a cheaper or non high drain cell is actually MORE dangerous on a VV because of this.

something a lot of people seem to miss or skip over. if there is anyplace i would never, ever use a cheap battery, it's in the provari. because the superior voltage regulation WILL force the battery to work very hard.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/334831-technical-why-high-drain-batteries.html

people using low drain or cheap cells in many of the china mods is one of the main reasons they cant seem to hold a steady voltage. the mod is looking for current that doesnt exist and has to limit itself.

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I love my MVP 2's but If I was looking for a tube mod, I'd go with the Provari, even though I love Innokin product. If I had to give up the form factor, charging convenience, and USB passthrough of the MVP2 and go to a removable battery option, I'm just going to go "all the way" and get the ProVari.

However what really irks me is people who dismiss variable wattage and say that variable wattage is a marketing ploy, or try to equate variable voltage with variable wattage by saying...Hey, the Provari is variable wattage, I vary the volltage and that varies the wattage at the coil.

When you say things like that, you are either ignorant of how VW works, or you are just being contrary.

If you are using an RDA and building your own coils, then variable wattage brings nothing to the table. You are using a single atty to drip your juices, you don't change atty's often and once you re-coil, you set to your desired voltage and you are good to go. Variable Wattage doesn't provide you with any benefit.

However, I have 4 mini protanks filled with four different flavors. I vape at 7.0 watts. I've tried diffferent settings, but 7.0 watts is the sweet spot for all my juices and Mini PT's.

When I swap my tanks, my atty resistance varies from 2.6 to 2.9 ohms. If I had vv only, each time I put on a new tank, I would have to readjust. With Variable Wattage, I don't. That is not a "marketing ploy". That is fact. My MVP 2 is set at 7 watts and it has been set that way for three weeks. No adjustment necessary.

I actually was seriously thinking of getting a Provari before I bought my second MVP2. It was Christmas after all. So, I decided to go exclusively VV for a weekend just to see what the experience would be. I read on these boards that VW was just a marketing gimmick and you didin't need it....blah...blah...blah...

Every time I swapped tanks, had to change my voltage. Otherwise, one tank would be fine, one tank would be weaker, and the next tank would give me a burnt taste. It didn't take much adjustment, but I had to none the less. It was annoying.

Don't tell me there is "no difference between VV and VW"

If you are a tweaker, or run the same atty, then no, there may be no advantage of VW over VV. But your personal vaping pattern does not make VW a marketing ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread