Itaste svd vs Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewmaster

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Zim Town
I have a vamo, provari and svd. I honestly have used my provari a lot less since I got my SVD a couple weeks ago. The one thing I like more about the vamo/SVD is that it is quite a bit quicker to move your voltage settings up and down IMO. If money is an issue, you really can't beat the price of an SVD. It's worth the extra ten bucks or so more than you'll pay for a vamo. If you don't mind spending the extra, you can never really go wrong with a provari.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
"nick" is an english saying, not scottish and I am about 35/40 years too young to be any of them.

I can take a bit of lighthearted jest as much as the next guy but maybe I will keep my opinions to myself next time.

Must be something in the water as I have seen more bashing here on ECF over the past 2 days than I have in the past year of coming to the site.

Sorry Ryan, I really didn't mean to bash, I was just having fun with the previous post. apologies if it offended.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
As do I - 2 Vamos in fact. :)

I'll bet you don't have a Bobo

0c93119abdd517409bea7ca57892d97f.jpg

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
Sorry Ryan, I really didn't mean to bash, I was just having fun with the previous post. apologies if it offended.

No problem at all - I knew you were just playing but sometimes it is hard to tell over the internet.
My spelling has been atrocious tonight. Just noticed that I put "how" instead of "who" in a previous message.

It's late and I'll blame it on that :D

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
I use a SVD .. but I recommended to my friend to get a provari and he did. I am just 1 of those ppl that would buy a provari in 2 seconds if it had VW option but don't care about plain ol VV... my SVD smokes better for me when I use the VW option as oppose to setting the right VW to use in VV, not sure why but more flavor for me... I'm sure provari's VV is better but still that reason alone makes me just wanna stick with that I got for a electronic mod

For me, the trophies are the nice mech mods.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I just read the Provari add at their site...says you cant use flat top batteries in them. I guess that's one small but cost effective drawback. Can you use those battery magnets on your flat tops ?

Have to buy extension cap to use the larger batteries. another added cost.

Can save a bit by buying a "blem"

Malarky

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2013
Nibiru (Planet X)
Just an example. I dropped my provari and it dang near cracked the concrete. If I had a Chinese mod it would probably have broke. No damage to provari at all except one itty bitty tiny scratch the you would not be able to see unless you were looking for it. I am not a Provari fanboy one bit but I know quality when I see it.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Just an example. I dropped my provari and it dang near cracked the concrete. If I had a Chinese mod it would probably have broke. No damage to provari at all except one itty bitty tiny scratch the you would not be able to see unless you were looking for it. I am not a Provari fanboy one bit but I know quality when I see it.

There is no doubt about the Provari quality.... there are many many great stories like yours about dropping and jostling and they still work, but the SVD is a very heavy duty mod. It is built like a tank... the body/tubes at any rate.... the electronics inside I don't know about yet. I haven't dropped mine yet. Thats what makes this thread interesting to me.

I rode all day Sunday on my Road king with the SVD just sitting in a metal chrome cup holder attached to my handlebars and the SVD is just vibrating all day hitting the side of the cup holder because with the SVD and large battery it sits up pretty tall. Probably vibrating 100 hits a minute..dont know, just guessing. I really thought that the electronics or screen may go bad. But it didn't. That is certainly not the same as dropping it, but that is some major jostling around for a few hours.

Its a really good mod and I would guess the Provari is built better I would assume...... if its better, it would have to be the insides in electronic placement. It cant have any better made exterior with the exception maybe to the placement of the externally screwed on screen on the SVD and maybe that hard plastic fire button.

I am toying with the idea of buying a Provari just to have it. I don't need it, but what the hell...we all know its a great machine.

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
There is no doubt about the Provari quality.... there are many many great stories like yours about dropping and jostling and they still work, but the SVD is a very heavy duty mod. It is built like a tank... the body/tubes at any rate.... the electronics inside I don't know about yet. I haven't dropped mine yet. Thats what makes this thread interesting to me.

I rode all day Sunday on my Road king with the SVD just sitting in a metal chrome cup holder attached to my handlebars and the SVD is just vibrating all day hitting the side of the cup holder because with the SVD and large battery it sits up pretty tall. Probably vibrating 100 hits a minute..dont know, just guessing. I really thought that the electronics or screen may go bad. But it didn't. That is certainly not the same as dropping it, but that is some major jostling around for a few hours.

Its a really good mod and I would guess the Provari is built better I would assume...... if its better, it would have to be the insides in electronic placement. It cant have any better made exterior with the exception maybe to the placement of the externally screwed on screen on the SVD and maybe that hard plastic fire button.

I am toying with the idea of buying a Provari just to have it. I don't need it, but what the hell...we all know its a great machine.

If you do decide to purchase one then remember that the coloured options can get pretty beat up over time. Doesn't affect performance in the slightest and I think it adds character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread